Is Mamta Banerjee's West Bengal becoming a mini Pakistan?

Austin 3:!6

21 minutes ago, diga said:

Vovlo has been manufacturing buses in Karnataka for more than 10 years now and yet you bring in import of chinese buses..

again selective comprehension - i was quoting electric buses. Volvo is also a foreign firm btw and that's another story. 

4 minutes ago, Vilander said:

yeah BMTC swayed because they wanted to buy 3 volvo buses from germany instead of 1 byd from china.. :phehe:

Provide a source which says BMTC is operating imported buses instead of locally manufactured

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

again selective comprehension - i was quoting electric buses. Volvo is also a foreign firm btw and that's another story. 

Ashok Leyland is owned by Hinduja brothers and last I heard they are not citizens of India

3 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Stop talking nonsense. In China you can literally get shot in the face, then thrown into jail for persuing a case. And thats just for starters. Stop trying to make it seem like justice doesn't exist anywhere because you live in this weird fantasy that people care more about money than not being slaves. China is a nation of slaves. 

Uhm...what ?! Dude, China is 97% literate. This is one of the very few things that commies are known for - literacy. China has been batting at over 95% literacy for 40 years now. 

False. democracy works even in a half literate nation like India. Which has been working for 70 years. More education leads to a more informed democracy but as India has shown the world, democracy can and does work even with hundreds of millions of illiterate people. 

Nobody except outsiders and the Chinese elites care about such nonsense. Again, i live in a city where every year thousands of common Chinese sell their kidneys or entire life savings to escape to. I am yet to meet an Indo-Canadian, who is not a Khalistani or Kashmiri terrorist, who has had to 'flee' India and live in a free land. 

You have no freedom in China, no voice, no expression and no justice. Just money and government approved entertainment. So stop making it sound like democracy doesn't work because a few Chinese elites are making a crap ton of money.

As always you throw a hissy fit when someone disagrees with you.

Look at Shanghai and compare it to Mumbai, where is the Dharavi equivalent in Shanghai or any other Chinese city?

The Chinese government gets things done, whereas the Indian political parties try to score cheap points in the name of religion, language, caste.

Freedom can be abused - defecating in public, littering everywhere, breeding like rabbits despite being dirt poor, building slum accommodation.

India is a bloody tip when it comes to cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene, no Indian government has done anything to resolve that problem in the last 70 years, neither have they done anything to control the population which is more than 3 times what it was in 1947. Indian governments have been a total failure. 

Even the industrial revolution in the west was harsh on the workers, it pretty much forced people from rural areas into the big cities to work in factories. However this revolution is what transformed western countries into the countries they are today and China is going through it's own revolution which its citizens are currently or will benefit from.

5 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

The days of doing politics the old wild West way are done.Models of governance have changed.

can you throw some more light on the highlighted pieces

How is TN politics relatable to 'wild west way' and what are the 'models of governance' that have 'changed'

18 minutes ago, diga said:

Ashok Leyland is owned by Hinduja brothers and last I heard they are not citizens of India

ashok leyland is an indian automobile manufacturer head quartered in chennai. Hinduja grp is an indian conglomerate too, now it could have number of directors/vps with UK nationality how does that matter  exatly? and again whats your point. 

5 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

In 10 years,it's downward spiral will start

Sent from my LM-Q710.FG using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

Downward spiral started

@diga my statements about TN economy and the general lack of 'downward spiral' and its current stature is for abutting my responses to these above statements. 

How is hinduja family staying in Uk have any bearing to this ?

27 minutes ago, diga said:

Provide a source which says BMTC is operating imported buses instead of locally manufactured

locally manufactured is different from local IP. 

you can get into a manufacturing arrangement and manufacture from kits. for instance export kits from china or Malaysia ( where ever the kit manufacturing plant is - and manufacture the rest from raw material in a local plat and get 'locally manufactured' buses.

The point is by not going for Indian options a state government is spending public spending budget in shoring up revenue for foreign manufacturing activity. All this trickles down to net economic output.  

19 minutes ago, Vilander said:

ashok leyland is an indian automobile manufacturer head quartered in chennai. Hinduja grp is an indian conglomerate too, now it could have number of directors/vps with UK nationality how does that matter  exatly? and again whats your point. 

If Volvo is a foreign firm, so is Ashok Leyland... check the ownership

Edited by diga

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

locally manufactured is different from local IP. 

you can get into a manufacturing arrangement and manufacture from kits. for instance export kits from china or Malaysia ( where ever the kit manufacturing plant is - and manufacture the rest from raw material in a local plat and get 'locally manufactured' buses.

The point is by not going for Indian options a state government is spending public spending budget in shoring up revenue for foreign manufacturing activity. All this trickles down to net economic output.  

Why don't you check what Volvo is doing and how much is the localisation content.. you did have numbers for the Chinese firm

3 minutes ago, diga said:

Why don't you check what Volvo is doing and how much is the localisation content.. you did have numbers for the Chinese firm

what do you mean by localization content?

volvo might have a 100% owned subsidiary they have the same model in NA as well, everything is controlled in sweden as a holding. Do you understand whats a holding company?

i am not sure what you are on here about.

you want to equate Ashok leyand to Volvo , claim Volvo is Indian ? hehe

1 minute ago, diga said:

Google it

dude what is wrong with you seriously. hehe it is publicly listed and traded in BSE - dont confuse between wholly owned subsidiary and a majority shareholding promoter lead publicly traded Indian firm. i am not here to teach you basics, pls.