I'm happy Gary Kirsten hasn't been yap-yapping a whole lot in the last 24-48 hours

fineleg

He may start saying things sooner than later. But atleast he kept shut for the most part for the last 24-48 hours. Good for him. Better to be behind the scenes, than keep talking to journos all the time. In general from Dec 2007-Jan 2008, he has not talked a whole lot to give our "hungry media" too many tidbits.

And btw, the last thing the team needs now is a new coach to join it now, with so much have happened already. I am slowly beginning to wonder, is this the most controversial test series ever ? I dont recollect too many series which such drama in it. Pathetic umpiring , dropped catches claimed, accusations of unsportsmanlike behavior, racial slur, threat of boycott.. This series has had it all !

And btw, the last thing the team needs now is a new coach to join it now, with so much have happened already. I am slowly beginning to wonder, is this the most controversial test series ever ? I dont recollect too many series which such drama in it. Pathetic umpiring , dropped catches claimed, accusations of unsportsmanlike behavior, racial slur, threat of boycott.. This series has had it all !
It might turn out to be one of the best series too. Here's hoping for an Indian fightback :pray:
Certainly not as much as the body line series was. And of course the one in which Chappell got his bowler to bowl the underarm. That was a cold blooded assassination of sportsmanship.
I am slowly beginning to wonder' date=' is this the most controversial test series ever ? I dont recollect too many series which such drama in it. Pathetic umpiring , dropped catches claimed, accusations of unsportsmanlike behavior, racial slur, threat of boycott.. This series has had it all ![/quote'] There was this thing called Bodyline. Slurs, threats of boycotts, players nearly being assaulted by fans at points, major accusations of unsportmanlike behaviour, tactics that came close to diplomatic incidents and inciting riots...

Lol..he just spoke Kirsten hopes to calm tension Incoming India cricket coach Gary Kirsten hopes to calm the tension between his team-mates and rival Australians following the tainted Sydney Test saying the important thing is to "settle the emotions." The former South African opener voiced his confidence in removing the bad blood when he arrives in Perth next week ahead of the third Test. Though officially Kirsten is not India's head coach until March, he will perform a consulting role in Australia. "I will enter this series as an outsider and may be I can bring with me an objective viewpoint," Kirsten told the Melbourne Age. Kirsten stressed that "the important thing is to settle the emotion and get the attention back onto the cricket before the Perth Test." The third of the four-Test series is starting on January 16. Kirsten will be entering the scene when the two Captains-- Anil Kumble [Images] and Ricky Ponting-- both steadfastly believe that they have acted appropriately. http://ia.rediff.com/cricket/2008/jan/08gary.htm