FAO : Tendulkar rubbishers

I have only one thing to say: Fineleg and Co. have been pwned like a Paki.
Not really. There was an extended period when SRT's test performance was mediocre. Just because he is playing at unbelievable levels now, doesn't change things then. It is similar to what Dravid is going through now and people calling for him to retire.
Not really. There was an extended period when SRT's test performance was mediocre. Just because he is playing at unbelievable levels now, doesn't change things then.
Thats right, but there is no point trying to explain to the some of the hard-core worshippers here (whether or not their userid has the moniker of srt or its variation). In fact, Rajiv recently asked people not to bump up old threads for this purpose, but holy baba has done just that. If people are balanced, this issue wont arise, but when they go on blind worship - and are like "If you are not with me, you are against me", then explanation wont help. And the only reason p.khota has written that post is to needle, and he has succeeded in getting us to post here in this thread now, so kudos to that troll. He saw that no one was taking holy baba's bait and decided to turn up the volume. and pk will claim "We didnt start the fire, it was already..."

@yoda and fineleg and others who disappeared, please don't talk rubbish. Try finding what you did during the period when SRT was playing badly and compare that to Dravid's slump. If you had any common sense you'd know who are the real worshippers, but don't worry, I don't expect you to understand that.

@pk: You are the one trying to pee on your own self. As bumper said its quite simple:

"If you choose to worship him, thats your choice. I wont join the herd. If he performs, I'll admire him, if he doesnt, I'll criticize him. Thats the way i follow my cricket"
If you want to have different philosophy, go ahead and have so. He has done exceptionally well after that bad patch, and deserves all the accolades for coming out of the bad patch very strongly. Done with this discussion. EOD.

This original post was made when SRT had already shaken his form slump and started to make his way up. The comeback started with England tour of 2007. While it is true that he had some criticisms open for his 2nd innings performance (I was one of the doubters, will not deny that), but I think with the performances of last 3 years he has more than made up for it. Form is temporary, class is permanent. All batsman go through lean patches, sometimes lengthy. Gavaskar did, so did Chappell. Let's get this staright, we may call SRT God, but he is only human, a human who possesses extra-ordinary talent. We are lucky he was playing for India who let's great players go out on their own terms. I am certain if he was an Aussie, he would have been forced to retire or dropped in 2006. It is just a different culture. That is why we should take the Dravid issue, gently. Greats like that need to go out on their own, unless they are hurting the team which is not the case. We need Dravid at least for the next several months.

@yoda and fineleg and others who disappeared' date=' please don't talk rubbish. Try finding what you did during the period when SRT was playing badly and compare that to Dravid's slump. If you had any common sense you'd know who are the real worshippers, but don't worry, I don't expect you to understand that.[/quote'] If I am not mistaken , SRT still managed to average around 36 during that period. So , his dip wasn't really that bad. And his dip in form was directly co-related to an injury - tennis elbow he suffered earlier.
Dravid in slump was 41 while SRT in a similar period was 44 (with injuries as you mention). We don't know why we compare SRT and RD over a career span. There is daylight between them and there is SMG in between then as well.
In tests, at one point RD was at 59 and SRT was at 54 avg or so, and that point RD was the premier test batsman in the team.

We worship Sachin, because we consider him as GOD.Whats wrong with that ? And some people like Dravid more, they have a right to say so.On current form basis, Sachin is way ahead of Dravid, and at one stage, Dravid was in better form than Goddy due to the injury troubles that Sachin had to undergo for a couple of years.So like every other player, Goddy and Dravid both had their share of bad patch as well, the only difference is Goddy's bad patch lasted for only a year or so, while Dravid's bad patch has lasted for over 2 years now.He hasn't been scoring runs at all.But with age the reflexes and also the performance levels do drop.You can't expect him to score those Long Double Hundreds even now.But Goddy is an exception to that, he is still hungry and is looking far more comfortable than Dravid, even on day 5 tracks. Dravid supporters will back Dravid, and Goddy supporters will say Goddy is the Best.But i see no point in comparing the two legends of the game.they both have served our country well for more than 16 years now and we all know who is better of the two(:D).So lets stop this discussion here itself before we start crossing our barriers and go for a kill with stats and records etc. etc.

After the 2007 World Cup.Some idiots started quoting that SRT should retire now, his performance levels have dried up, they don't realize that they are talking about a Legend who has served their country for 18 years, and they must think 10 times before opening their fecking big mouths.But SRT let his bat do the talking, and now those fecking morons have never come back again to the media for commenting.Such losers should be burnt to death