Need more from Che, Shami and Vijay

G_B_

at this point, it is foolish to expect pujara to succeed overseas. forget boundaries, he's struggling to rotate the strike, which is not expected of a number 3 batsman. i would suggest making him an opener overseas so that he atleast gets you through the initial phase of the new ball. right now, he pretty much is an opener because none of the actual openers are solid enough to get through the new ball.  make lokesh #3. 

shami's bowling has no fizz. he is primarily a hit-the-deck bowler but he is not zipping it off the surface like before and without that, you wont succeed overseas.  the injury has taken its toll on him. 

i expect more from vijay. after kohli and rahane, he's our best batsman overseas. he will come through at some point. 

the biggest question is when will kohli rid us of the rohit torture? is the team expected to persist with him for a hundred innings before he comes through just like in ODIs? 

Edited by FischerTal
7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Need more from Captain Kohli. His constant *ery in team selection is costing us more than the non performance of our seniors, besides he needs to stop shoving 'intent' down our batters' throats.

i think he's right about intent part, but problem is his selections show the complete opposite of that. selecting dhawan, ishant, and rohit is a clear case of bias and has no justification. kohli the captain is a completely different beast from kohli the batsman unfortunately.