State your allegiance

Gambit

State your allegiance  

1. 1.

OK. With the bidding process, nearly over, here are the squads as of now(will update them with the entire list once bidding ends): SQUADS JAIPUR Shane Warne (US$ 450,000), Graeme Smith (US$ 475,000), Younis Khan (US$ 225,000), Kamran Akmal (US$ 150,000), Yusuf Pathan (US$ 475,000), Mohammad Kaif (US$ 675,000), CHENNAI MS Dhoni (US$ 1.5 million), Muttiah Muralitharan (US$ 600,00), Matthew Hayden (US$ 375,000), Jacob Oram (US$ 675,000), Stephen Fleming (US$ 350,000), Parthiv Patel (US$ 325,000), Joginder Sharma (US$ 225,000), Albie Morkel (US$ 675,000), Suresh Raina (US$ 650,000) MUMBAI Sachin Tendulkar (icon), Sanath Jayasuriya (US$ 975,000), Harbhajan Singh (US$ 850,000), Shaun Pollock (US$ 550,000), Robin Uthappa (US$ 800,000) BANGALORE Rahul Dravid (icon), Anil Kumble (US$ 500,000), Jacques Kallis (US$ 900,000), Zaheer Khan (US$ 450,000), Mark Boucher (US$ 450,000), Cameron White (US$ 500,000), Wasim Jaffer (US$ 150,000) HYDERABAD Adam Gilchrist (US$ 700,000), Andrew Symonds (US$ 1.35 million), Herschelle Gibbs (US$ 575,000), Shahid Afridi (US$ 675,000), Scott Styris (US$ 175,000), VVS Laxman (US$ 375,000), Rohit Sharma (US$ 750,000), Chamara Silva (US$ 100,000) MOHALI Yuvraj Singh (icon), Mahela Jayawardene (US$ 475,000), Kumar Sangakkara (US$ 700,000), Brett Lee (US$ 900,000), Sreesanth (US$ 625,000), Irfan Pathan (US$ 925,000) KOLKATA Sourav Ganguly (icon), Shoaib Akhtar (US$ 425,000), Ricky Ponting (US$ 400,000), Brendon McCullum (US$ 700,000), Chris Gayle (US$ 800,000), Ajit Agarkar (US$ 330,000), David Hussey (US$ 675,000) DELHI Virender Sehwag (icon), Daniel Vettori (US$ 625,000), Shoaib Malik (US$ 500,000), Mohammad Asif (US$ 650,000), AB de Villiers (US$ 300,000), Dinesh Karthik (US$ 525,000), Farveez Maharoof (US$ 225,000), Tillakaratne Dilshan (US$ 250,000), Manoj Tiwary (US$ 675,000), Gautam Gambhir (US$ 725,000) So who are you going to support? Do you just want to see good cricket or want to support your hometown(or team closest to your hometown) or team with the best squad?

Guest HariSampath

Chennai , the team of the Indian skipper, Dhoni :yay: I supported the Chennai team ( naturally) in national T20, we won, I supported Chennai superstars in ICL T20 , we won, and also Chennai won ICL 50-50, and now IPL T 20...GO Chennai :yay:

Guest HariSampath
As of now, don't care about the circus. But will see how the cricket progresses beyond all the showmanship that has been on display till now. BTW, can someone explain what is the icon status and what are the financial benefits of it?
Icon status is a scam by BCCI to ensure that players like Dravid and Ganguly are paid more than a million bucks each ( else NO ONE will bid for them), and these teams are ensured of losing :hysterical:

As of now, don't care about the circus. But will see how the cricket progresses beyond all the showmanship that has been on display till now. BTW, can someone explain what is the icon status and what are the financial benefits of it?
Every team has an Indian player named an icon, for example , for Mumbai, its Sachin, for Mohali, its Yuvraj and the icon players will get 125% pay of the the player with the highest bid in that team. For eg, Mohal's highest bid so far is Irfan, with $9,25,000. Therefore, Yuvraj will get 125% of that. You cant bid for an icon player, they are already fixed for their team. And from what i have seen, it mostly works against the home team. Because Mohali now has nearly 2 players for a million dollars each, their bidding power which is left is considerably less. OTOH, Chennai, which didnt have an icon player to begin with, could use that money to get better players.

Every team has an Indian player named an icon, for example , for Mumbai, its Sachin, for Mohali, its Yuvraj and the icon players will get 125% pay of the the player with the highest bid in that team. For eg, Mohal's highest bid so far is Irfan, with $9,25,000. Therefore, Yuvraj will get 125% of that. You cant bid for an icon player, they are already fixed for their team. And from what i have seen, it mostly works against the home team. Because Mohali now has nearly 2 players for a million dollars each, their bidding power which is left is considerably less. OTOH, Chennai, which didnt have an icon player to begin with, could use that money to get better players.
But Yuvraj at 1 million is a steal looking at the price of some other players. Same with VS at 0.8 million. I think none of RD, SRT and SG deserve to be paid 1 million. But I am sure if SRT was on auction he would have gone for 1.5 million. So Mumbai will be ok with it. Bangalore just screwed themselves by picking Kallis. If they had got Gayle instead of Kallis they would have been a much better team. Although I must say some teams have taken advantage of certain rules and overshot their budget. Hyderabad being a prime example. They have got 11 players, 8 of which are overseas.

:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: This system sucks. At the bare minimum, they could have made it mandatory for all teams to have an icon player. Casually glancing at the teams Chennai and Delhi look the strongest.

:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: This system sucks. At the bare minimum, they could have made it mandatory for all teams to have an icon player. Casually glancing at the teams Chennai and Delhi look the strongest.
Delhi strongest?? with amount of lankanz in there.. it lookz the weekest of them all

Yeah Delhi looks weak to me as well...They don't have a great bowling attack and they picked lots of bits and pieces players not all of whom can even be played. But they have got Sangwan and maybe one more to pick as their U-22 player. So they might surprise some teams. Once you apply the rule that only 4 overseas players can play at a time all teams look evenly matched...at least Mumbai, Kolkatta, Hyd, Mohali and Chennai are decently strong. Jaipur is weak. Bangalore would pray for a hitter in their catchment area and Delhi would pray that GG and VS fire in most of their matches.