People do not remember SFs

zen

In most sports events, people do not remember the SFs. Take Soccer/Football for e.g. where tons of teams compete at the WC and where they play for the 3rd spot as well but you remember the winner and probably the team it beat in the final

In cricket, only 10 teams are playing the WC. Of the 10, 2-3 have practically only a minor chance. So basically, 5-6 teams are competing for 4 spots

Therefore, SF place is a stop on the way to the final. Where good teams make their way to the last stage. Being there is not as big of an achievement as many would like to believe

Team Ind’s campaign, esp. with so many tried and tested players in the squad, should be judged based on whether the team makes it to the final 

I thought this was about WC 2015 SF, when India's lack of batting power down the order was their shortcoming, whilst Aus had Faulkner and Johnsen smash a combined 50 off 20 balls to take Aus past 300

India will need to play trio of Hardik, Shankar and Jadhav because likes of Chahal, Bumrah and Shami are pants with the bat, literally zero hitting capability 

4 hours ago, chewy said:

I thought this was about WC 2015 SF, when India's lack of batting power down the order was their shortcoming, whilst Aus had Faulkner and Johnsen smash a combined 50 off 20 balls to take Aus past 300

India will need to play trio of Hardik, Shankar and Jadhav because likes of Chahal, Bumrah and Shami are pants with the bat, literally zero hitting capability 

Even if are allowed to field 9 batsmen and 4 bowlers (13 players) we still won't be able to match the hitting ability of England. Look at IPL how many Indian hitters have flourished besides Pandya and Dhoni on odd occasions. It is either West Indians or some other country me. THere was a time we had Dhoni, Yuvraj, Raina. INspite of all that we accommodated Yusuf Pathan for his hitting ability. That line up even had Sehwag, Now it is appalling. Kohli has become a consolidator. Current Indians when they try to go for shots they are more likely to get out. They don't have the ability to sustain the attack without losing their wicket. Nitish Rana is one guy who i like.