Kaif demands reason for exclusion

King

Kaif demands reason for exclusion March 05, 2007 22:35 IST Middle-order batsman Mohammad Kaif bewildered by his omission from the Indian team on Monday said he has not been told by the authorities concerned which aspects of the game he needs to address. "I have not been told which areas of my game I need to improve upon," Kaif said in Mumbai. The 26-year-old Uttar Pradesh player who was not a part of the team in the home series against the West Indies and Sri Lanka and later ignored for the World Cup, said he is surprised at his exclusion. "I don't know why I have been dropped, I got two centuries in the Ranji one-dayers but I don't want to talk about it as the team has left for the World Cup," added Kaif who is leading the Central Zone side in the ongoing Deodhar Trophy. "This is almost the same team that went to the World Cup in 2003 other than me and that sometimes hurts me," he said. While considering himself lucky to be a part of the 2003 World Cup squad, Kaif vowed to make a return to the national side by performing well in domestic cricket. "I consider myself lucky that I was a part of the last World Cup squad and we could reach the finals. I look forward to prove myself and make a comeback after the World Cup by performing well in domestic cricket," added Kaif.

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion Wow... Kaif needs some soul searching. I don't reckon he did anything good since he last played in WI. I don't know what he is moaning about, he was simply not good enough and failed so often it wasn't funny. I can't remember anyone being given this long a run in ODIs depite the inconsistency.

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion

"I have not been told which areas of my game I need to improve upon," Kaif said in Mumbai.
If I could use an analogy its like a person who has been refused a job, wants to know why he was not picked up. Kaif here is why you are not in the team. You were not good enough and did not make enough of your chances. xx

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion Yeah it sounds a bit strange he can't analyze himself and needs spoon feeding. All he needed to do was score some runs as a batsman. This is something he couldn't do consistently and he is out of the team. I don't know what is not obvious for him. :shrug:

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion I thot Kaif is intelligent enough to know what happnd.... or Atleast, dint he read what vengy said abt kaif tht Kaif needs to score runs and fielding alone wont give him a place in the squad.. Kaif wake up soon orelse u ll endup like laxman.. atleast laxman is playing test matches.. one more thing.. DEMAND is a very strong word in here.. when i read the article theres nothing sorta demand in his statements.. it looks more of an EXPECT.. Media will always be at its worst when it comes to building up stories.. for here they r playing with someone's career.. This headline mite send wrong signals to BCCI and selectors..

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion I can only suppress a smile as i read about Kaif's reaction. How long will he think mediocre 30's and slow 60's are going to keep him in the team ?? and worst of all , he came in at no.7 and didnt have the power game too. And its no coincidence that kaif's decline has come in the same period as dhoni's rise.. Kaif thinks he has done enough not to be dropped. The selectors think he hasnt done enough to be picked and the selectors are right.. But if selectors had dropped kaif and picked raina in the squad, that would have truly raised some eyebrows. As Kris Srikanth wonderfully put it , " Whatever talent the team has seen in Raina , the youngster has expertly managed to hide it in the international stage"...

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion In all honesty , kaif is just following VVS footsteps here. VVS is the trandsetter in this "question your exclusion" business.Looks like , it never occurred to both of them that they are not good enough to play ODI because they can't slog. Period.

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion Hahaha, this is hilarious. What a pity, he has not been told what to work on!. Someone who doesnt know Kaif, reading this could be forgiven, if he thinks that this guy is skilled in 100 different things & he has been unfairly denied the information about which one of his several expertises was found wanting. Hullo, u dumb f.uck, take a wild guess -- what could be wrong with u ? These door knobs make George Bush look like Albert Einstein. Now move over & join Laxman's "world cup wannabe" club. Adios!

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion I have adamantly said that Raina is a good player - most people were of the same opinion after the England series when he scored runs against some very good bowlers and singlehandedly won India an ODI at Faridabad. The kid was burdened with too much expectation and at the age of 19; simply couldn't live up to the pressure. I still believe that he has a future with the Indian cricket team; although perhaps not anytime soon. I don't know what to say about Kaif. He has contributed to some of India's most famous victories in recent years; but his persistent failure at the top of the order (where he usually delivered more often than not in the past) was the last straw. A few good innings in SA would have booked his flight for the WC; but he showed nothing on that tour and has failed to impress for far too long. In addition to that; he is merely a run-accumulator and is incapable of hitting out. With the WC to be played on the small, flat grounds in WI; the big-hitters will be worth their weight in gold while most of the crease-occupying accumulators will effectively be a waste of space. India can't afford to have more than 1 accumulator in the middle order (Dravid), it just defies logic.

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion Who does he think he is? Laxman???? :lol: seriously .....he has been left because he has not shown any improvement in any direction and he doesn't even give hope of improvement ..... one more reason......dravid is such a practical unemotional fool who isn't impressed by flattery and loyalty to individuals.

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion Kaif should take a look at Dravid's career in ODIs pre 1999 and post 1999 and he'll figure out which areas he needs to works on. At least Dravid had a solid technique which none of the modern batsmen have. Kaif doesn't have even that. Till now he dragged himself on basis of temperament only. But to play consistently at international level, you should have some talent too.

Re: Kaif demands reason for exclusion

Who does he think he is? Laxman???? :lol: lol. very funny if a player gets called up by the media, what is a player going to say? of course hes going to complain. no need for bringing about Laxmans name hes a gentlemen, a man who has been dowplayed by the selectors and a most importantly a man who did not get politics involved.