After we are able to win 3 or 4 of these ODIs, I'd like to see...

fineleg

in this series... Yusuf Pathan being sent in at #3 for couple of matches. No - not with the view of him being looked at for this position. But to see (as an experiment) how he can cope with "normal play". Take time to get yourself in, settle down, and then play strokes. Can he do this? Will be interesting to see, and evaluate. Sending him after 40 overs and using that to evaluate is real tough on him as well. Just for couple of games, I hope MSD can try this out.

why not? Its real tough on YKP when he always gets sent 43rd or 44th over. He succeeded in match#2 - if he fails in that position for couple of more matches, then does it mean he is 'not consistent'. Its real tough on a batsman if you evaluate him when he is coming in during slog overs. He'll have to swing his bat from the start, and few times he will succeed and the rest of the times he'll 'look ugly' and get out. Thats not to blame on the batsman. If we have to evaluate his batting, we have to do it by sending him early, and see if he can build an innings, and then launch into the attack mode. What better time to do it than when we have or almost have the series in the bag...thats why I'm saying when-and-if we win 3 or 4 ODIs this series. Remember - I'm only saying this as a temporary thing - so we can get a good look at his batting potential.

k k .. shutup.. u're so annoying.. ( in the voice of King Julian) i will tell MSD what a mighty player Y.Pathan is.
Looks like it is not a well received suggestion in ICF. I am not saying Y.Pathan is mighty. (thats taking it out of context from what i posted) All I'm saying is we can get a better look at his batting if we try this.
LOL Its not a bad idea' date=' but after reading all the replies, i think i'll just go with the flow and say omg wat a nuisance :D[/quote']
fineleg is becoming a victim of e-bullying lol
Yes indeed (as A.Lal would say it :D) There are some jokers like Online who, whatever I say, will post the same standard response. And others who join in for the 'Lulz'. But there are some sane posters too, so I'll continue to post my suggestions despite these Lulz folks :winky:

one of my biggest regrets was the fact that indian one day team never utilised Kapil's batting properly. he mostly played at 7 or 8. he scored almost all his fifties in tight situations with less number of overs to play his eye in.he would have been an excellent #3 in one dayers. so, i am fully with Yusuf pathan experiment at #3. he had handled a few pressure situations quite competently in IPL. i remember him screw TN out of a crunch ranji match on the final day, when 6 wickets were already down. he almost won the match on his own for Baroda and sent TN packing. v have to rest Dhoni, Ishant, Zak,Harbhajan. shud play Parthiv Patel,Ojha,and some other deserving seamers after ensuring unassilable lead in the series.

This thingy that goes on is a ganging up on someone thingy - see the issue stems from past history: Past history, the fact that I had posted things which did not "appreciate" SRT all the time. There are die-hard SRT fans (and others who are not necessarily die-hard SRT, but still cannot take any criticism of "Team India"). So, these folks have formed their opinions about me after that, and will constantly attack me for any thread despite the merits or demerits of the specific thread. Bah! As I said, there are still other sane posters who exist.

This thingy that goes on is a ganging up on someone thingy - see the issue stems from past history: Past history, the fact that I had posted things which did not "appreciate" SRT all the time. There are die-hard SRT fans (and others who are not necessarily die-hard SRT, but still cannot take any criticism of "Team India"). So, these folks have formed their opinions about me after that, and will constantly attack me for any thread despite the merits or demerits of the specific thread. Bah! As I said, there are still other sane posters who exist.
No you actually made stupid comments and just looked to find negatives out of every positive situation and therefore now people don't take you seriously