SRK Detained and Humiliated at Newark Airport

Rajiv

It takes 5 sec for you to call people traitor, pakistani or muslim supporters here and question their identities. Like you i have been following your posts here. And i will suggest you not to generalize the entire community. The hatred you carry in your heart for all the muslims(including indians) is unbelievable. You hate them just for the sake of it. There are bad elements in every community that doesnt mean it gives you right to bad mouth them and call each one of them terrorists. Dont forget india is a secular country. We indians respect each and every one's religion and we should always do that. It hurts when a guy like you who is educated and living outside india questions people's commitment and patriotism to their country who are living in India. It really hurts. And i think The Outsider is always neutral. If you cant see that then you really have a problem.
don't be stupid... I don't hate the whole community....when I'm questioning patriotism...I'm questioning patriotism of that small group within that community that has caused a LOT of harm but we always seem to ignore them or fail to see thru..in fear of 'communal bias'

REASON I HATE SRK...HERE'S THE PROOF: Actor Shah Rukh Khan [ Images ] on Saturday said that he was 'angry and humiliated' for being detained at the Newark International Airport in New Jersey, United States, and asserted that the incident was 'absolutely uncalled for'. "They said I have a common name which is causing the delay, checked my bags...I felt angry and humiliated," Khan said in a statement. Khan further said the US authorities checked all his baggage, including the hand baggage, and did not allow him to make a phone call for nearly an hour. "Only these guys just would not let me through. Finally, they allowed me to make a call, which I did and the Indian Consulate helped me through," Khan said. Khan said that he told the authorities that he was an actor and also informed them about his reason for visiting the country. But, nothing seemed to convince the immigration officer, who did not listen to him at all. "I was really hassled at the American airport because of my name being Khan. The couple of hours of interrogation wanting to know if I know anyone in America, while all around people were vouching for me from India and Pakistan," Khan added. This guy is the biggest pak lover out of all actors.....it's ppl like him that makes me wanna hate his community..... every instance, every interview, u will always find him saying ....let's have peace w/ pak, pakistanis are my brothers, I get so much love in pakistan I WANT TO KNOW...will people ever vouch for Amitabh Bachhan from Pakistan? what about Akshay Kumar? or is it just only for the khans? He is VERY lucky he has an Indian passport! if he had a Pakistani passport with the Khan surname, they would've probably not even let him in the country.

Also I would like to mention, Irrfan Khan was held couple of times at the airport but he never made a big hue and cry about it!! SRK is the biggest manipulator out there...trying to make this into a PR campaign for his movie...people will remember this and go see the movie SRK came to USA many many times and his passport probably has lots of stamps...never been held before...then why now? or did he pay a bunch of press media to publish this story? and since FOX bought the rights to his movie...good way to promote it...azzhole

Founders Ravi, Dhondy, Gambit, Shwetabh, Kabira, Boss, Bumper, Mr. Wicket, Varun, myself ( please forgive me if I forgot someone ) Added Admin: Marirs Mania Mods: Graphic, Holysmoke, Tics, Desi Cartman, Aditi If there is more, please add
thanks Rajiv, but as other posters have said, we new members would be informed better if there was a sticky thread or something abt ICF and the way it was founded etc...we just wanna know how hard you people worked to turn your passions into a fan site called ICF.

Also I would like to mention, Irrfan Khan was held couple of times at the airport but he never made a big hue and cry about it!! SRK is the biggest manipulator out there...trying to make this into a PR campaign for his movie...people will remember this and go see the movie SRK came to USA many many times and his passport probably has lots of stamps...never been held before...then why now? or did he pay a bunch of press media to publish this story? and since FOX bought the rights to his movie...good way to promote it...azzhole
He has been held before. I just heard his phone conversation with CNN-IBN. At that time though, he was travelling with his family so it was even more harassment.

Sala natak kar raha hai ... just for the movie .." I dont feel like stepping on the US soil but will continue to do so for the fans" :hehe: ...

After his "ordeal" at the hands of immigration officials at the Newark airport, Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan has said he does not feel like stepping on American soil any more but ruled out seeking an apology for the incident which was denied by US officials.
Link

US Immigration doesn't give a flying fark who SRK is and abt this stepping there again... They even question US Citizens and SRK is just a Indian Passport Holder and happen to be from a VIP frenzy cultured country infact, think abt it this way - would u like it if US officials let someone like him go past and question a regular visitor? I mean we complaint abt bias but here's an example of a officail doing his job ( albeit - lil 2 much ) He shouldn' have created a fuss abt it now, infact he might have pissed them more-- always better to be diplomatic opposite someone u can't win at all

- if u don't have to fear anything, why bother..in fact we should have x-ray screening in metros and railway stations too..security is bigger than any embarrassment, vip or favors..0 % tolerance and negligence Khan, No Khan - dammnit check everyone if I have done noting wrong why should I fear? or complain NO matter he is king khan or pervez busharraf

SRK is a international icon . Bet you that a Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise traveling to India will never have to encounter the kind of harsh treatment which was meted to the great khan. Au contraire ' date=' they would be treated like VIP's in Indian airports....[/quote'] EXACTLY

Guest gaurav_indian
Sala natak kar raha hai ... just for the movie .." I dont feel like stepping on the US soil but will continue to do so for the fans" :hehe: ... Link
:omg::omg: Publicity for "My name is khan" ?

"I was really hassled at the American airport because of my name being Khan. The couple of hours of interrogation wanting to know if I know anyone in America, while all around people were vouching for me from India and Pakistan," Khan added. This guy is the biggest pak lover out of all actors.....it's ppl like him that makes me wanna hate his community..... every instance, every interview, u will always find him saying ....let's have peace w/ pak, pakistanis are my brothers, I get so much love in pakistan I WANT TO KNOW...will people ever vouch for Amitabh Bachhan from Pakistan? what about Akshay Kumar? or is it just only for the khans? He is VERY lucky he has an Indian passport! if he had a Pakistani passport with the Khan surname, they would've probably not even let him in the country.
LOL wats wrong in Paki people vouuching for SRK.hes as much popular in Pak as in India.n yes people will vouch for AB n Akshay kumar,who says they wont

SRK is a international icon . Bet you that a Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise traveling to India will never have to encounter the kind of harsh treatment which was meted to the great khan. Au contraire ' date= they would be treated like VIP's in Indian airports....
International Desi icon and BTW, phirang is welcome in saar land - our immigration wouldn't do the same and infact might be fired for doing that to a phirang.its still india u know..having techs and call centers doesn't give it status like USA

SRK is a international icon . Bet you that a Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise traveling to India will never have to encounter the kind of harsh treatment which was meted to the great khan. Au contraire ' date= they would be treated like VIP's in Indian airports....
Its up to the discretion of the immigration officer of India. If they want to be boot lickers and bend the laws for "VIP"s, cant really blame the Americans for not returning the favor. Also, bollywood is not really a global phenomenon like we would like to believe it is. For an average immigration officer in the US, being a "star" in bollywood or king khan doesnt mean squat.