Pakistan Trio Suspended by ICC in Spot Fixing Scandal

asterix

Hilarious Blog On Pak. situation Thodi Si Jo Chori Ki Hai So Mohammed Amir and Mohammed Asif bowl no-balls on demand and Salman Butt, as the captain, butts them a few buts. Big deal. I don’t get what the uproar is all about honestly. If you have a white tiger in your zoo, you don’t expect it to smell of fresh roses– now do you? Then why for crying out loud do you expect players of a country that siphons off relief money, a country whose entire team has been shown to be corrupt by Justice Qauyyum, where all the players (save those at the end of their careers and hence worthless) proven to be crooks by their own legal system were let go with minor raps on the knuckles, to be as honest as Manoj Kumar? Of course they are as bent as the proverbial fiddler’s elbow (or as they say in Pakistan as bent as Shoaib Akthar’s arm at moment of delivery) and we all love them for it. So I say well-done Amir-Asif for reminding us once again as to the gentle delights that Pakistan brings to the world of cricket. What? You say they have cheated? I don’t think anyone can claim to have been defrauded here unless that person is Zardari (last in the news for not paying the government of Turkey USD 8000 for four female “guides” supplied to him for “educational” purpose). He is the only one who has been hard-done by, having been deprived of his ten-per-cent per-transaction cut. And he has realized that too, asking for a detailed probe into the whole incident [Link] showing the same alacrity and seriousness with which he investigated the 26/11 attacks. Spot-fixing is of course a term that many people are still not familiar with. A very simple way to explain it to children of the 80s would be to think of Gold Spot where the “gold” is actually real. In spot betting, rather than betting on the results of entire matches, people bet on the results of certain events—like what religion will Mohammed Younus belong to today, what type of organism is growing in Akthar’s nether regions, whether Afridi will bite the ball in the morning or in post-tea session or how many rules of English grammer would Inzamam Ul Haq break in his post-match speech or which room would the coach’s dead body be found in or when in the evening would Younis Khan announce his retirement or when at night would Shoaib Malik….well you get the picture. Now unscrupulous bookies (there is but one kind) try to rip off people by fixing these events beforehand by colluding with players. In this case, as the headlines “Three Balls That Shook The World” cry out, a bookie was caught fixing, beyond a room for doubt, no-balls being bowled by Mohammed Amir and Mohammed Asif (Danish Kaneria [also known in some quarters as the Danish cartoon] had been caught spot-fixing a few months ago in England). What of course made me delighted was the respect with which the bookie spoke to one of the world’s most excited cricketers and how, like a Pakistani lion, he roared loudly in response. Majeed then explained that the third no-ball would come in the first over that teen wonder boy Amir got to deliver to an England right-hander, after one of the opening two left-handers had been dismissed. Just to convince us Amir was onside Majeed telephoned the young star at his hotel. “Are you sleeping f***er?” he asked crudely. Amir confirmed that’s what he was trying to do. “Ok, sleep,” said Majeed. “We’ve spoken about everything before anyway. Ok, don’t mind. You sleep’ Now people here know how much I am in awe of Mohammed Asif. He is the kind of Pakistani cricketer I grew up admiring—- supremely talented on the field and even more talented off it, storing more drugs in his travel bag than a Pfizer godown and playing models like Veena Malik (She has spilled the beans on her ex-dilrooba here) like a Veena (he evidently took money from her and didnt return it). In short, total stud. Not like our wannabes like Sreesanth and Munaf Darling, who despite their best attempts, will never even come close to Asif in any respect—– pace, swing or cut. Of late though, I had taken a keen interest in the prodigious Mohammed Amir. At age 18, he shows every potential to be one of the world’s leading pace-bowlers. With this incident, he has shown conclusively that he is a chip off the old Pakistani block, someone who even at such a tender age, has mastered the dual art of slipping deliveries through batsman’s defenses and currency notes inside his pocket, with the kind of flair that is oh so typically Pakistan. You know what would shock me though? If the Pakistani media does not blame this on the “Hinduyon ki zehniyat” and the Jewish-Hindu conspiracy, or the Pakistani board does not do a few eye-wash slaps on Salman’s Butt and then business is resumed as normal or if Asif and Amir are not made to contribute to the Pakistani Prime Minister’s Relief Fund or if Javed Miandad (whose samdhiji is the Bill Gates of betting) does not point fingers at India regarding match-fixing or if the Kolkata Knight Riders does not keep wringing their hands as to why the IPL, a tournament of great probity and transparency, needs the Pakistanis to bring in their expertise and skill to the league. But till that happens, I am fine. I am happy. And all is right with the world. http://greatbong.net/2010/08/30/thodi-si-jo-chori-ki-hai/

Salman Butt will get banned for one year. Umar Akmal and Amir will get fined.
Nah.. The ICC Anti-Corruption Code Article 2.1.1 "Fixing or contriving in any way or otherwise influencing improperly, or being a party to any effort to fix or contrive in any way or otherwise influence improperly, the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of any International Match or ICC Event." Punishment for this is a ban of minimum five years and a maximum of a lifetime.
Nah.. The ICC Anti-Corruption Code Article 2.1.1 "Fixing or contriving in any way or otherwise influencing improperly, or being a party to any effort to fix or contrive in any way or otherwise influence improperly, the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of any International Match or ICC Event." Punishment for this is a ban of minimum five years and a maximum of a lifetime.
How come Randiv wasnt booked under this act then? He did deliberately and improperly influence the progress of the match

Why do Pakistanis have a huge inferiority complex wrt India ? Now they are blaming IPL and BCCI for yesterday match fixing event . Here is one of the many comments . How on earth is a team of world class players who bring so much joy and excitement to the game paid so little i feel ashamed as a england cricket fan and cricket lover that there is such a world of diffrence in what the pakistan players earn which is pennies compared to what our england team and the rest of the big cricket nations earn the pakistanis are like the brazil or spain of football yet here we are in the 21st century paying international stars crumbs its time for the ICC to get its act together and sort out a wage structure so the best players are out there doing what they are born to do and dazzle us with there brilliance these are entertainers and superstars who desserve to be paid the correct wage instead of being insulted cricket needs pakistan! if you go back to read what i said it will all become clear no point getting your panties all twisted up i was just pointing out the social conditions and diffrences in india and pakistan for the majority are no diffrent i never said indian players should earn less or dont desserve to i was just pointing out the pakistani players deserve to earn the same as indian and england players regardless of social and economoc conditions these are the best players in the world who are getting paid pennies and i only used the example of social and economical conditiuons when a few posters mentioned india and pakistan especially as over a billion people in india live in deep poverty over 80 percent on under a dollar a day now you can go have a kit kat and a cup of tea and relax. So that means Indian players should donate their salary to Pak :wall::wall:

I think it is fairly natural. You see after partition they had envisioned a better future for themselves. Now, they find themselves as borderline failed state. While India is going from stregth to strength. They want to be in denial. Let them be. I think Indians are too obsessed with Pak. We have much bigger milestones to set and achieve.

Pak players face life threat from militants over match fixing allegations

London, Aug 30 (ANI): Pakistani cricketers, who are allegedly involved in match fixing scandal, fear for their lives amid warnings that militants have put a price on their heads, according to security experts. Reacting angrily to the match-fixing allegations, fans greeted the Pakistan cricket team with boos, jeers and pelted the team bus with rotten tomatoes as they used the stadium's back gate after crashing to a humiliating defeat by England. Cricket agent Mazhar Majeed was arrested on Saturday on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud bookmakers over an alleged betting scam involving the Pakistan national team. The News of the World claimed that it paid Majeed for advance details of when three no balls would be played in the latest Lord's Test, which England won. Police also questioned three Pakistan players over the alleged scam and detectives confiscated mobile phones of Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Asif and Pakistan's captain Salman Butt. Security experts say the team could be the target of a backlash from fans after match-fixing allegations, and fear the boos and cheers the squad got in London yesterday is nothing compared to what could be in store for them in Pakistan, where their lives could be on the line, the Daily Star reports. One security expert warned: "There are worries it's not going to be safe for the team to go back. Millions of people here have been looking to them for relief from the devastating floods. People were weeping with joy when they won the last Test. But that has disappeared now and the happiness has turned to anger." Security around the team was beefed up yesterday after allegations that players in the team would throw a match for a fee. (ANI)
Source
Pakistan should be out of the World Cup 2011.That could be the best i can think of
It is a mistake done by few players who should be banned. No need to ban a whole country from such tournament. What is needed here is strict and severe action, something which both ICC and PCB have lacked to do in the past.