Pak Semi Final: Pre-Match Discussion (Stick to Cricket only)

fineleg

Pak Semi Final: Pre-Match Discussion (Stick to Cricket only)  

1. 1.

I'd say go with whats been working. Start with Ashwin. But have a backup ready (and I don't mean munna fyi). I'd definitely give Sree a shot, he's just balled 5 overs this WC out of which the first was a massive fail. But being shelved when others have been given a long handle is unfair on him. Atleast the guy bowls his heart out unlike Munna.

We need Sreesanth in the team. We need his aggression on this big stage. He might go for runs but so does Munaf and Nhera but at least Sree brings some intent with him to take wickets unlike the other two.
eh what aggression? As a pakistani I would like to see sreesanth bowling pies to our openers. Nehra who can take the ball away from the righthanders will be handy against Pakistani openers.

Apparently Pakis are keen to get Shoaib Akhtar back against India. Seems like they'd be concentrating on pace in Mohali.. but Ashwin has to be there. Dartbhajan hasn't done anything so far and has a p*ss poor record against Pak. We should just look for someone to accompany Zak.. and since all our 3 options sucky sucky, I honestly don't care who makes the cut.

Apparently Pakis are keen to get Shoaib Akhtar back against India. Seems like they'd be concentrating on pace in Mohali.. but Ashwin has to be there. Dartbhajan hasn't done anything so far and has a p*ss poor record against Pak. We should just look for someone to accompany Zak.. and since all our 3 options sucky sucky' date=' I honestly don't care who makes the cut.[/quote'] Akhtar... we need him definitely.. we need that rudderless ship :--D

As a pakistani fan i will take it u dont know much about Munaf.. other than line and length he has nothing.. he has to get plain lucky to get wickets. Adding munaf makes the bowling side too defensive.. Sree has always been a wicket taker but with some serious issue with line and length.. He may go for runs but has at times been a match winner taking crutial wickets , which munaf has never done for us.. Nehra has always been the best of the 3 , but his fitness has been always a concern.. I think he bowled well considering he had to bowl on a dead pitch in bangalore and had to bowl the last over against SA

maybe... but from what i know and hear, dhoni isnt really a fan of him and was forced to include him in the squad. and prolly bringing someone in whose been made to sit out for 6 matches and was spanked by bangladesh doesnt augur confidence in my opinion. if dhoni had to play him he should have been given atleast 1 more match in the grp stages as a pakistani fan ill be more afraid of munaf patel.. better line. sreesanth is all over the place which gives batsmen like akmal afridi razzaq to fire. and as a cricket fan i just dont like him.. has nothing to do with indian. just dont like his attitude

Zak - 10 overs for sure Bajji - 10 overs for sure Ashwin - 10 overs for sure Yuvi - 10 overs for sure That means that the 2nd seam bowler will be the 5th bowler or the so called filler. I'd open with Ashwin...the strategy has worked so far. There is no doubt the Rainas and the Kohlis will roll their arm for a couple of overs...who knows even goddy might bowl...this means that whether we get Munna or Sreesanth or Nehra they will be bowling 5-6 overs max unless they have a dream first spell. So I don't care who the 2nd seamer is...they all are poor...but i guess SS knows how to hold a bat and is a tad better on field. Its times like these when we sorely miss Irfan Pathan...the guy would have probably bowled dollies like Munna but he can contribute with bat and that would make our batting line up very very strong.

Afridi used to be a garbage bowler in the past year or so he has comeback strong as a bowler.. I remember the last match he did trouble india. It is the recent form that counts not the past form.. Gul has also come back as a line and length bowler with good control and movement.. Dont underestimate their bowling.. they have reached so far only on the strength of their bowling..

You are joking right. Bothered to check Afridi's and Gul's average against India.

Looking at the options i think Ishant would have been a improvement with the ball and bat over all 3

Zak - 10 overs for sure Bajji - 10 overs for sure Ashwin - 10 overs for sure Yuvi - 10 overs for sure That means that the 2nd seam bowler will be the 5th bowler or the so called filler. I'd open with Ashwin...the strategy has worked so far. There is no doubt the Rainas and the Kohlis will roll their arm for a couple of overs...who knows even goddy might bowl...this means that whether we get Munna or Sreesanth or Nehra they will be bowling 5-6 overs max unless they have a dream first spell. So I don't care who the 2nd seamer is...they all are poor...but i guess SS knows how to hold a bat and is a tad better on field. Its times like these when we sorely miss Irfan Pathan...the guy would have probably bowled dollies like Munna but he can contribute with bat and that would make our batting line up very very strong.

Pak PoV: strategy to beat Ind For fun, I deceided to step into the shoes of Pakistani fans and figure out how would they think about Pak's chances of beating India. For this delicate task, I also had to use the famous Lahori Logic to analyze team India: Let's start with the openers: If you look at this w/ a close eye, Ind's real openers are Tendulkar and Gambhir. Sehwag is a hit or miss player, if he comes off then it's good for Ind but many times gets himself out and becomes irrelevant in the match. Therefore: 0 - Sehwag - hit or miss player 1 - Tendulkar 2 - Gambhir Of Gambhir and Tendulkar, the later is a choker (post meaningless stats which normal fans cannot decipher to show that). Ind vs Pak is probably the biggest match of the competition, apart from the final so chances of choking for Tendulkar are pretty high. So let's take him out of the equation. That only leaves Gambhir to deal with but he could get himself runout so ..... Let's talk abt #3, #4, and #5 (4, 5 and 6), 3 - Kohli (Since Sehwag is considered as 0) - If he plays then it will actually help Pak as he will slow down the run rate. With all the hitters in Pak sides, along with Ind's crappy bowling attack, Ind will have to score at least at 6 runs per over. Kohli will probabaly not able to score at 6 an over against Pak's super bowling line up so his batting will help Pak 4 - Yuvi - He is the man in form but he can't be consistent in all games. He is likely to fail against the bowling powerhouse. In fact his weakness against spin will be exposed by Afridi and company. 5 - Dhoni - not in best of form and could play well this time but again what chance does he have against the mighty Pak bowling attack #6 (7) Again a 0 like Sehwag for #6 (#7 in reality) as both Raina and Yusuf are hit or miss. Again their chances of being successful against reverse swing of Gul and Aktar, who in his final game (somehow admiting that this could be Pak's last) could give his best Bowlers - Do we have to even have to do an analysis here? Pak squad: - Hafeez is the man in form, the other two in the top 3 would also score against Ind attack (so what if they didn't score against Canada but Ind's bowling is even worse). - YK and Misbah - playing against Ind so enough said - Khatmal brothers - Kamran does well in key games, Umar will feast on Ind attack - Afridi and Razzaq - would be eager to smash Ind bowlers. In fact these two could be the most dangerous batsmen in the game, along with the Khatmals - Bowlers: Is there a need to say anaything abt the bowling powerhouse? On top of that Gul can bat too! So basically, Ind has little chance and Pak is the overwhelming fav :P