Aaron out of Aus tests. Weenie Koomar to replace!

hatja_tau

The Perth test RPS and Irfan were actually good bowlers in those days, so that was a good attack. It is good he is a swing bowler even if conditions do not favour him naturally, hopefully he will have good accuracy and control...anyway there is only one of that kind in Zaheer so we now have left arm swing and right arm, a tall hit the deck type in Ishant and more slingy pacy type in Yadav. So the pace attack has variety, and all being well the first choice three will be fit throughout and Vinay will not play and indeed Mithun. Would defo prefer Vinay over Mithun anyway, will offer more control- Uthappa their skipper at state level said the same...

I would send Pathan in place of Mithun. Not that he's a better bowler but he has some experience and can bat a bit. Rest' date=' VK's recent performaces have been good enough in ODIs, so he had to be rewarded with place in the test squad.[/quote'] how is pathan better than kumar? even vk performed reasonably well in fc cricket and i think he might be good 3rd seamer in australia if it swings there... he even odis bowled some beauties to get people out most of wickets have come of good deliveries against england and west indies (every one knows i hate him but he wasnt really bad :\) would love to see how pathan bowls cos if he does well he might be the replacement of zaheer or any one who is injured...

you know people call vinay a trundler in the ODI series just concluded he was bowling in the 81-85 mph zone. now thats not fast. But its not slow either. He has fantastic stats in the ranji with an average of 24 in 66 first class games. Its a real question, where does this trundler thing come from? He is probably faster than pk

lol..i feel more bad for australia cummings out,watto cant bowl much,harris cant survive more than 3 days of tests,johnson out :P aaron wasnt even in first playing 11 and its better to know he is injured now then before the match and who knows zaheer might survive 3 matches and we play 2 spinners in 4th :P lets be lil hopeful

you know people call vinay a trundler in the ODI series just concluded he was bowling in the 81-85 mph zone. now thats not fast. But its not slow either. He has fantastic stats in the ranji with an average of 24 in 66 first class games. Its a real question, where does this trundler thing come from? He is probably faster than pk
honestly he isnt that bad balls he bowled to kp and trott would ve gotten any one out and he bowled consistently against west indies even in last match he got swing and edge... think of him as replacement of pk :P
well people on this mb dont seem to mind the PK pace. Vinay is faster than PK, thats for sure.
PK swings the ball miles , so I don't mind if he is slow. In this series VK is getting some swing with the new ball but before that he was just line and length. Even in England he was not getting any movement.
PK swings the ball miles ' date=' so I don't mind if he is slow. In this series VK is getting some swing with the new ball but before that he was just line and length. Even in England he was not getting any movement.[/quote'] he did get swing against england when england toured india i think it was confidence or rhythm thing but thing is he is swinging it now and he hasnt bowled badly and is getting wickets consistently with new ball ,can bat a bit..idk if conditions are good he wil be able to support other 2 bowlers very well but its upto ishant,yadav to run through australia he would e be a decent 3rd seamer much much better than mithun
PK swings the ball miles ' date=' so I don't mind if he is slow. In this series VK is getting some swing with the new ball but before that he was just line and length. Even in England he was not getting any movement.[/quote'] but in the context of aus where the ball is the kookabura. That does not swing much for the best of them. you maybe do need a line and length bowler? We will be playing in the dry aussie summer after all.
Koomar in Eng was getting smashed - took all of 4 wickets. If he can't swing it in Eng conditions he will be cannon fodder for Aus batsmen. Spin it as much as you like but Koomar is nowhere near test quality yet he has been parachuted into the toughest tour in world cricket.
but he swung it in india.. cant u explain why did this thing happen? >