Shah Rukh Khan thread

bulbul

It is humiliating and should be embarassing for ALL Indians. USA has become paranoid post 911. They have done this to almost every country, and certain countries, like Brazil, resorted to do the same for American citizens travelling to their country. On the other hand the retard Indians feel happy laughing at their fellow citizens. As if the same thing wont happen to them!!!

much expected from the land of the free. that's why i left the country. america always was and always will be a country for white christians/jews' date=' no matter what anyone says. unlike others, [b']i decided not to stay back at all costs for a freaking green card. i was treated horribly by their INS, will never forgive them for that. i'm not saying its their fault though. its human nature for people to associate with their own.
Good on you mate. It may hurt you in the short run, in the long run it would work itself out since you didnt compromise on your own integrity. By the way its not only INS, everything is becoming paranoid. Only last week I was unable to send my used, worn-out pants. For some retarded reasons one can not send unused items, like trousers, through FedEx & UPS. Didnt check USPS so dont know about that. But how retarded is it that one can not send trousers :whack::whack::whack:

^ What kind of a fetish is this? Mailing used trousers to others? :dontknow:
Arre yaar I love the fittings of my darjee, plus if you are finicky about clothes the kind of kapda you get in India is far beyond what you will shell in US. Typical I get them everytime I am in India, this year I couldnt make it, issilie naap ke saath bheja tha. Or rather i tried to. And just for record all used underwears were sent to England for the use by Queen (Tendulkar)

It seems racial profiling if it has happened a second time and especially when the Ambanis and everyone else was cleared. To be honest, US NSA is horrible and Ron Paul has been repeating it. They must design a good system where things can be done a lot more quickly without racial profiling especially for regular visitors etc.

On searching the news on Google, an interesting article also came out. This time even BJP is furious it seems at the detention. LOL

The BJP on Friday termed as "unacceptable" the treatment meted out to filmstar Shahrukh Khan by American authorities and demanded that the government register a strong protest with the US to ensure that such incidents do not recur. "Such attitude of the US is not acceptable and we condemn it. First this (detention and security check) was done with former President APJ Abdul Kalam, then with Shah Rukh Khan and then with me. Now this has been repeated with Khan. Each time the US says it will look into the issue," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain said. The BJP leader recalled that he was not given a visa initially by the US as his second name was "Hussain". Later the issue was sorted out and he went ahead with his trip to the US for a UN programme. The opposition party demanded that India take up this issue seriously with the US. "India should register a strong protest with the US. Such behaviour is not acceptable to Indians," Hussain said. Shah Rukh Khan, who is a on visit to Yale University in the US, was detained for two hours at the White Plains airport in New York. The US authorities later tendered apology for the incident.
http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_bjp-condemns-treatment-meted-out-to-shah-rukh-khan-at-us-airport_1675470

Arre yaar I love the fittings of my darjee' date= plus if you are finicky about clothes the kind of kapda you get in India is far beyond what you will shell in US. Typical I get them everytime I am in India, this year I couldnt make it, issilie naap ke saath bheja tha. Or rather i tried to. And just for record all used underwears were sent to England for the use by Queen (Tendulkar)
:hysterical::hysterical:

It is humiliating and should be embarassing for ALL Indians.
Did Dr. Kalam make a fuss about it ? Some of us just get on with our business. Its annoying, not humiliating for us, coz we know we're fine and they're relatively paranoid. If they can pull aside Al Gore, i guess this is expected.

Let the whining begin! Can anyone spot the hypocrisy in the GoI's position? There are countries (such as Saudi Arabia) which officially discriminate on the basis of religion, including at airports. But will the Indian GoI ever dare to retaliate against such countries? Nopes, but when it comes to the US, the GoI springs into action.

Terrorist attacks since 9/11 in US: 0 Terrorist attacks since 26/11 in India: hundreds US will not compromise its security no matter who's at the gate. Unlike India where film stars can open defy laws as they know one ph call is all it takes for the ministers to wet their trousers and engage in brown nosing. Film stars can smoke publicly in banned smoking public facility and get away with it or hunt endangered animals and get away with it.

Did Dr. Kalam make a fuss about it ? Some of us just get on with our business. Its annoying' date= not humiliating for us, coz we know we're fine and they're relatively paranoid. If they can pull aside Al Gore, i guess this is expected.
And why do we? Yaar had hai. Do you foresee even in your wildest dreams Den XiaoPing or someone from Chinese establishment getting stopped? And if they were, not creating a big diplomatic hungama? How come our President gets mistreated and you are somehow suggesting as if going about business was a great thing to do?? :facepalm: The amazing thing is this - hassle at Airport - is one area which every American, Republican or Democrats, absolutely hates. Democrats hate it for privacy issue, Republicans (while claiming no terrorist attacks) hate TSA and all that they represent. But look at Indian Americans and they are the first to come out defending Americanas and laughing at their own brethen's mistreatment. Chela-panti at its best. No wonder George Bush had twice the approval rating in India as he did in US! xxx

in what manner?
sorry not INS, but the consulate. i had to stay out of US for 2.5 months instead of the 12 day leave I took from my company, because they delayed my H1B issuance. When I went back my company put me on probation due to obvious issues with communicating remotely, which resulted in losses because I wasn't actually present in office. So I got pissed off and vowed never to return to a country that will happily house illegal unproductive immigrants and even grant them citizenship sooner or later, but will make me go through stress for no fault of mine, despite the fact that I spent a good amount on college tuition and paid the govt healthy taxes. You might think I overreacted and should have just worked thru probation, but there were several other issues that cropped up because of this visa *** up that just made me insanely furious.