Will/Should Sehwag open again?

Sooda

Will he- I do think so. Should he...well not IMHO. But if not him who? GG/ Jaffer would be good. Will they stick with Kartik at the top as a pure batter?? And if Sehwag does play in the middle order with either DK or GG opening..who makes way in the middle?? ....questions...questions...questions...

Re: Will/Should Sehwag open again? What ?? That Sehwag should bat in the middle ?? Well, based on what's happened here........I would say for test matches - Yes. For One-dayers - he could revert back to the top. Remember that he himself said a few years back that he preferred not to open. You need to find someone to partner Jaffer - I am not sold on Kartik'c technique as an opening batsman.

Re: Will/Should Sehwag open again? nope RD is too good of a player .. and we shouldnt be sacrificing or else you will see karachi defeats more often.. i am for SRT as opener.. he knows how to tackle new shiney ball.. plus when he comes after quick wickets, he changes his approach in batting.. but by opening, he will settle down in half an hour and then press on..

Re: Will/Should Sehwag open again? They should probably be a bit flexible with Sehwag. If the pitch is doing a bit too much then slot him in the middle order otherwise he should be sent at the top. Nothing wrong in being a bit flexible. In India of course in both forms of cricket he will be batting at the top.

Re: Will/Should Sehwag open again? But Ravi its not like sehwags never played on a seaming wicket ever. He scored his runs everywhere in the world.Its jus a form thing, get his mental makeup sorted and get him back to opening where he belongs. Hes too good a player to hide at 7th.

Re: Will/Should Sehwag open again?

But Ravi its not like sehwags never played on a seaming wicket ever. He scored his runs everywhere in the world.Its jus a form thing' date=' get his mental makeup sorted and get him back to opening where he belongs. Hes too good a player to hide at 7th.[/quote'] True that, he did slam couple of hundreds in NZ when none of the batters couldn't even get anywhere near the ball.

Re: Will/Should Sehwag open again? WTF is wrong with you people ? Sehwag has one bad series and suddenly he should be dropped down the order, or *gasp* from the test team ? Get your heads on right. He is India's best test batsman. Openers who can consistently score hundreds at a 70+ SR don't grow on trees. There is no adequate replacement for him in India - certainly not Gambhir. He just needs some time to redeem himself.