Well done Dhoni but...

Still dont think it proves anything about captaining test side. Captaincy role is not that great in 20/20 cricket. When for example Yuvraj hit 6 6s that was jack to do with Dhoni He is def not the choice for tests. Dont get me wrong love dhoni but lets not over hype his role in this victory. The players won the trophy, the players make the captain look good or bad His decision to bowl jog sharma for last over was a shocker. It worked but was still nuts

His decision to bowl jog sharma for last over was a shocker. It worked but was still nuts
check out sharma's stat before last over and bhajji's stats.. he had only those two options.. he is behind the stumps and we are behind the PC.. he knows his players.. surely it could have gone other way but thats the game.. calculated risk is the name of the game.. Rock on Dhoniiii...!! about Test match.. you wont find it out untill u give him chance..

he has captained the team excellently. few choices which his two predecessors would not have made and would have possibly cost us: 1. bringing back sreesanth for his final over to break hayden-symonds partnership in the semis 2. preserving sharma and giving him all of 20 runs to bowl with against aussies 3. bringing in fielders to get rid of two in irfan's over

I don't know if he is ready for captaining the side in Test cricket (i would give that job to Kumble) - after all it's too early. But you have to admit - his transistion from player to captain has been incredibly smooth. His demeanour, the manner in which he marshalls his troops and the way he speaks are very impressive. He looks like the kind of captain who can inspire through leadership and not just through example. Unlike Ganguly and Dravid, he exudes a sense of calm no matter what the situation may be. I am sure the players treat him as somewhat of a big brother - after all, he is one of them, just another young lad going from strength to strength in international cricket. The players have responded well to his captaincy and if India produce similar performances in ODI's, he will have proven himself worthy of captaining this side in Test cricket.

I don't know if he is ready for captaining the side in Test cricket (i would give that job to Kumble) - after all it's too early. But you have to admit - his transistion from player to captain has been incredibly smooth. His demeanour, the manner in which he marshalls his troops and the way he speaks are very impressive. He looks like the kind of captain who can inspire through leadership and not just through example. Unlike Ganguly and Dravid, he exudes a sense of calm no matter what the situation may be. I am sure the players treat him as somewhat of a big brother - after all, he is one of them, just another young lad going from strength to strength in international cricket. The players have responded well to his captaincy and if India produce similar performances in ODI's, he will have proven himself worthy of captaining this side in Test cricket.
This is the key. Will SRT, SG, RD, ZK respond as well to MSD's captaincy? Will they smirk or follow and help out?
This is the key. Will SRT, SG, RD, ZK respond as well to MSD's captaincy? Will they smirk or follow and help out?
I have no doubt that they will. Say what you want about them but Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid, and others are TEAM-MEN THROUGH AND THROUGH. Always have been and always will be. Of course, whether some of them actually DESERVE to be in the team or not is a subject for another thread...
I have no doubt that they will. Say what you want about them but Tendulkar, Ganguly, Dravid, and others are TEAM-MEN THROUGH AND THROUGH. Always have been and always will be. Of course, whether some of them actually DESERVE to be in the team or not is a subject for another thread...
I have some doubts on Dada being an out and out "team man" in "all circumstances". But, thats for another day, another thread...will be too serious for today.