Varun Aaron in the ODIs

G_B_

^^^^ Dhoni is both right and wrong in my opinion Right: Needs to play more games THANK GOODNESS dhoni has said this, should mean he will play more. Didn't do anything of the sort to warrant getting dropped. Yeah he needs to improve consistency but he looks a fast learner and hungry to do well. Using bouncers is effective and the height is especially crucial, we saw that chance that went for 4 when dhoni chased it, they can pick wickets. Awkward bounce at good pace can get wickets! Wrong: Two bouncers every over? Why? Its an option but not a requirement, won't it make him predictable? Pacers are great to watch, one reason being their unpredictability. Plus, i see Dhoni wanting to use bouncers to contain rather than picking wickets, but who knows.

The point is whether he will be able to play even 50 ODI's for India by bowling sheer pace. Just pace is useless in long run if it is not accompanied by line and length.Whether he has that quality or not is yet to be seen.He has just started his ODI career and is hyped just because people are crazy about the number.Team think tank will not keep him because he can bowl 140 or 150.What they will look is whether he has control over the ball or not and takes wickets while keeping runs per over reasonably down.We haven't found such a bowler yet since ZAK was dropped.Many have been tried but none above average quality. Also, Umesh is now finding it tough even to get in the playing 11 after all the hype about the pace he bowls at.
Thing is Yadav lacks control. Aaron whatever games he played has shown good control. He was as accurate as BK yesterday. Akalpit
Thing is Yadav lacks control. Aaron whatever games he played has shown good control. He was as accurate as BK yesterday. Akalpit
Thats what i said. Only pace will not assure any bowler a place in side as we are seeing right now. Umesh is not in playing 11.How well they bowls will matter more that whether they bowl at 145 or not.
Thats what i said. Only pace will not assure any bowler a place in side as we are seeing right now. Umesh is not in playing 11.How well they bowls will matter more that whether they bowl at 145 or not.
No one said one should be played just because he bowls 145. Thing is 145 bowler are rare species in India, so such guys should be given more chances to blossom with the team even if he is not playing in XI for learning and grooming purposes.
No one said one should be played just because he bowls 145. Thing is 145 bowler are rare species in India' date=' so such guys should be given more chances to blossom with the team even if he is not playing in XI for learning and grooming purposes.[/quote'] Just because they bowl 145+, a bowler should not get more chances.Not imo at least.They have to justify the spot in the international team, by bowling effectively, no matter whether they are effective at 135+ or 145+. Performance is the key.
Just because they bowl 145+' date=' a bowler should not get more chances.Not imo at least.They have to justify the spot in the international team, by bowling effectively, no matter whether they are effective at 135+ or 145+. Performance is the key.[/quote'] I am not saying play but keep in the squad to be in the nets at least when there is no FC being played. It is part of development of such bowlers. We shouldn't waste them rather develop them with the team like England do with their development squad and there is a bowling coach in the team who should work with such guys. Yadav should have been here with the team working with coach on his control before tests rather than sitting at home.
Aaron doesn't move the ball much' date=' but is very accurate from the little I have seen of him. I feel he will be a success in ODIs but too early to make a call with regards to tests.[/quote'] Yeah but tbf until,now he has not got one pitch where there was some movement Also has not gotten new ball

Why everyone shocked he has speed? Did you guys not watch when he last played for India? The guy is genuine fast bowler. And by the way does get movement, good at reversing it. We have 2 genuine fast bowlers in India. Aaron and Yadav. With also Shami who is quick but not as fast. They are top 3 fast bowlers in India. They should be the unit we use. They should as been saying for a while be our pace attack for tests. 3 fast bowlers, dreamy stuff! 2 would be bowlers who clock 90mph at times and other 85mph plus. And please they dont spray it and are actually good bowlers before trundler fans come in Now we also see why the folly of not having him in test squad as I advocated. Only one extra place. As knew he would impress in odis. Now of course he should be in test squad as real option.

I am not saying play but keep in the squad to be in the nets at least when there is no FC being played. It is part of development of such bowlers. We shouldn't waste them rather develop them with the team like England do with their development squad and there is a bowling coach in the team who should work with such guys. Yadav should have been here with the team working with coach on his control before tests rather than sitting at home.
Agree to your point that we should have something along the lines of development camp. We do have the NCA wherein the chosen cricketers get training in a well developed training centre.However, it is not exactly the Indian A team squad.There are lots of youngsters.We should have a training camp for our next 11. iirc there was a A tour to South Africa where Chet scored well. Similarly BCCI should add the A tours for England, especially in May when there is more challenge for the batsmen.I also remember that two Indian bowlers were sent to Australia to develop their skills.That was probably about 2 years back ? Don't remember the names of those two bowlers though.This should specifically happen to the development squad, no doubt it will help a lot.
Fair enough' date=' I've watched maybe 20 overs of him![/quote'] I have always maintained he will be better in Odis than tests too but can't really be certain until he gets track which help a bit . One good thing is he looks like thinking bowler and will better control and more confidence in coming matches maybe we will see that side bit more Mcculum wicket was of bad ball but 4 balls before that set it up :winky: