Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

In the next 2-3 years, we are going to have 8-10 options of pace bowlers who can bowl in the range of 135k-145k. Having options is very very important, so that you can select based on form and fitness.

Absolutely.

Unless there is competition , people stop performing at optimum level.

Also, as you said, injury management and form management would be easier.

Bumrah, Rajpoot, Nathu and Navdeep Saini. four young pacers too look out for. All under 23.

And all of them are either tall or tallish...and get some bounce....which I feel is often more important in international cricket than pace ( unless you are 145 k + in some spells  )

Even Pandya is  6'1"  ( as you said ).

Edited by express bowling

Add to this Avesh Khan & Chama Milind. We should see them soon in a year or two.

and Aniket Chaudhary, the left armer. He is older though, 25. He really impressed me this season in Ranji trophy. Really coming well now. I will not  judge Sran at this point too. He is very young too at 23. If he can work on his shoulder strength which had surgery in 2012 after an accident then he can still be good.

and Aniket Chaudhary, the left armer. He is older though, 25. He really impressed me this season in Ranji trophy. Really coming well now. I will not  judge Sran at this point too. He is very young too at 23. If he can work on his shoulder strength which had surgery in 2012 after an accident then he can still be good.

Not seen much of him recently, the last i saw he was a late 120K bowler, hoping he has added 10K or so to his bowling speed, if yes, he can be really useful with the height he has. But 135K should be a minimum for him.

Aniket now bowls at 135-140K. He has improved his pace a lot.

Would love to see some videos, any links available ? That would be good if he has picked up pace, he has really good height, which is an asset for a bowler, and one of the reasons, Bhuvi, Umesh are not that effective against australia is because they lack the bounce to beat the aussies in their horizontal play!!

Not seen much of him recently, the last i saw he was a late 120K bowler, hoping he has added 10K or so to his bowling speed, if yes, he can be really useful with the height he has. But 135K should be a minimum for him.

i saw him too w hen he was bowling 120Kph odd, but at that time, his run up and bowling action were all over the place, very soft bowling action, not much power going through it, but he is more refined, runs in well and everything coming nicely.

http://www.starsports.com/cricket/videos/vod/video=ranji-trophy-rajasthan-karnataka-day-aniket-choudhary-superb-for-rajasthan/index.html

We will get to see Avesh's bowling in a few days at the U19 world cup. Another interesting bowler to look out for U19 left arm pacer Khalil Ahmed. He picked up a 5-fer vs Pakistan.

avesh is still u19 :omg: ,seriously good young talent.yeah I have heard of khalil,will chexk him out in the first match

Our selectors always try to pick either the quickest pacers even if they are spray-guns or the ones who are getting the most swing even if they are bowling 127 k.

Pacers who are combining some pace / bounce and decent accuracy would be better picks to fill at-least  3 of the 5 pacers slots....with the other 2 going to real quicks.

Which is why I feel a bit sad that Ishwar Pandey never got a chance. He had accuracy and got good bounce at 130 k to 138 k and got outswing too . I don't know whether he runs out of steam in the later overs. If he doesn't then he should have been tried in a few matches.

Edited by express bowling

I think the bowling unit in some time can be sorted. Ishant and Umesh are pure test bowlers, they need not be in ODI's. While Bumrah, Pandya are more ODI friendly I feel.  With Shami around and Varun too, we may have a decent pool of bowlers although none of them are world beaters.

Although must confess that I have seen this trend of having great prospects and then they going down south!