Why do people want rohit back?

Its just that i am not too comfortable on a green top with Dhoni at 6. If we face a similar pitch at Rose bowl and lose toss could be tricky.Having Dhawan and Kohli out form and Pujara failing with starts , puts too much pressure on Vijay and Rahane imo Cant always expect Bhuvi to rescue us and not sure about Ashwin if the pitch doesnt turn.If the pitch is dry or can break down on days 4&5 then by all means play Ashwin
to me pujara looks like he will score big inning very very soon so i am not worried about him good batsmen go through this and about kohli and dhawan i think its better to replace dhawan if you are so sure he will fail rather than playing extra batsman no ?
He will get his opportunities like Damien Martyn got and end up with 35-40 odd tests with an avg of 46 or so
more than that now his favorite position is gone he will either open the batting or play at 6 and at both positions he will never really be top batsman and he is himself to blame for that
I think the issue with him is attitude.The way he sledged Steyn come to India was embarrassing to say the least. As for his failure in SA even Even Kohli and Pujara failed in their first overseas tour.So wont read too much into that apart that embarrassment vs Styen :facepalm: But his performance in NZL was decent and did top score with 70 on a green top.If his attitude is K dont mind him back at no.6 for 3rd if it is green like Lords.Dhoni is not good enough for no.6 and its better to have Rohit to help out Rahane atleast.
Finally a good and logical post not filled with irratrional hate :nice:

i gonna ask this clearly again if people are so sure about top order failing with likes of dhawan why not drop him and play batsman rather than playing extra batsman ? i want extra bowler not because i dont trust main 3 bowlers but because if track is flat they might also end up bowling 50-60 overs like in past series and it will hurt us badly as match goes on and series goes on and its clear that on day 1-3 spinners wont do much

i gonna ask this clearly again if people are so sure about top order failing with likes of dhawan why not drop him and play batsman rather than playing extra batsman ? i want extra bowler not because i dont trust main 3 bowlers but because if track is flat they might also end up bowling 50-60 overs like in past series and it will hurt us badly as match goes on and series goes on and its clear that on day 1-3 spinners wont do much
Dhawan's replacement is Gambhir.....as much as a gamble going on Gambhir's last test form.......The other 2 options are Rohit who is obviously thrust into that role he is not accustomed to at a test level and with all the scrutiny on him already will be unfair or 2nd option is Rahane and it will be unfair to move him from a position that he has made his own
to me pujara looks like he will score big inning very very soon so i am not worried about him good batsmen go through this and about kohli and dhawan i think its better to replace dhawan if you are so sure he will fail rather than playing extra batsman no ?
Nah shouldnt replace Dhawan with Gambhir as yet .What if Gambhir fails in 3rd test? Bring back Dhawan for 4th test thereby destroying both their confidence? IMO its only fair to give Dhawan 3rd test and if he fails then give Gambhir the last 2 tests.Also Openers deserve bit more leeway than other batsmen(due to facing new ball) and Dhawan did score 98 and 100 just 2 tests ago.
same was said about vijay but look at him now ..he does have plenty of good things about his batting ..problem with him is he has very risky off side shots which go in air and he drives without moving his feat particularly at start of his inning to very wide balls (basically in cricket terms does not knows where off stump is ) he can easily correct that and respect bowlers and score runs by leaving most of balls which trouble him he does has very good technique for short balls and looked pretty good in india so in long run he will play for us but is he willing to let go of his come to india attitude and now his current place ?
Not to mention he leaves a yawning gap between bat and pad where an elephant can go :cantstop:
Dhawan's replacement is Gambhir.....as much as a gamble going on Gambhir's last test form.......The 2 options is Rohit who is obviously thrust into that role he is not accustomed to at a test level and with all the scrutiny on him already will be unfair or 2nd option is Rahane and it will be unfair to move him from a position that he has made his own
people say that rohit did it in odis so maybe he can do it in tests too ..hmm
I was quoting B.G's post.....Some of the posts when it pertains to Rohit seems like he has already washed up at the test level' date='Despite having a decent start to his career.[/quote'] i have always said every cricketer who made it till here has lot of potential but some of my posts attacking roht on this site are partly because of you :giggle: but if he tightens up his game there is no reason he cannot succeed but i will be honest here we just cannot afford to go in with 3 quick bowlers as spinner is not a factor till third or 4 th inning of match what f we do not get a green track ? we desperately need extra bowler like aaron (which even you agreed on in other thread ) and if rohit wants to play it should be in place of batsman who is failing maybe he will open ,maybe gambhir will or maybe they will push everyone up (which should not happen IMO ) but if argument is to play rohit because dhawan is liability than drop dhawan not spot of a bowler :two_thumbs_up:
Not to mention he leaves a yawning gap between bat and pad where an elephant can go :cantstop:
Rohit does have a good technique,One or 2 freakish dismissals and you are completely writing him off......The guy has done almost a Vijayesque role in S.A ODI's and in C.T but obviously couldn't convert it and when the pitch favors him he becomes a total beast....Give him some leeway....He is definetely in the scheme of things like it or not
whats with people trying to drop good players based on bad ipl and 2 tests ? same thing is being said about shami and now its even more stupid with kohli in discussion please explain me how it will help him ? h needs to bat now in winning environment without much pressure and score runs ..nothing else will bring him back to form and he did not play anything between ipl and tests but clearly it did not improve his form now did it ?
Get his mind of the game or do something. How many failures is he allowed before being dropped?
Nah shouldnt replace Dhawan with Gambhir as yet .What if Gambhir fails in 3rd test? Bring back Dhawan for 4th test thereby destroying both their confidence? IMO its only fair to give Dhawan 3rd test and if he fails then give Gambhir the last 2 tests.Also Openers deserve bit more leeway than other batsmen(due to facing new ball) and Dhawan did score 98 and 100 just 2 tests ago.
you cannot have it both ways you either trust dhawan fully or you jsut drop him ..you do not play extra batsman in team of 11 just because he might fail :winky:
there is lot to work on but if people are counting some one like tiwary than rohit is still better option imo in odis its different specially at home but that is for another thread :giggle:

The fact is this might be a Dhoni desicion I might like :giggle: but going by Dhoni-Rohit friendship and Dhoni-Gambhir rivalry I see Dhoni trying to accomade Rohit as an opener if Dhawan is dropped :--D But in the long run ,not good for Rohit though :((

Rohit does have a good technique' date='One or 2 freakish dismissals and you are completely writing him off......The guy has done almost a Vijayesque role in S.A ODI's and in C.T but obviously couldn't convert it and when the pitch favors him he becomes a total beast....Give him some leeway....He is definetely in the scheme of things like it or not[/quote'] south africa odis ? please yar dont start it again ..:hysterical:
The fact is this might be a Dhoni desicion I might like :giggle: but going by Dhoni-Rohit friendship and Dhoni-Gambhir rivalry I see Dhoni trying to accomade Rohit as an opener if Dhawan is dropped :--D But in the long run ,not good for Rohit though :((
more than that now his favorite position is gone he will either open the batting or play at 6 and at both positions he will never really be top batsman and he is himself to blame for that
he screwed himself :winky:
south africa odis ? please yar dont start it again ..:hysterical:
He did all the hard work in S.A ODI's ...infact got run out in one of the games after all the hard work :facepalm: He outlived the entire top order against a hostile opening spell :dontknow: http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2013-14/engine/match/648651.html http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2013-14/engine/match/648653.html But as I said not a ground breaking performance just the fact that like Vijay he can put his head down and earn his runs,not just the flamboyant game he can produce in S.C

What is important.. Draw a test or win a test. To win a test strengthen your bowling. 5th bowling option is a must. Vijay, Dhawan are not 5th bowling options. Whether you use or not you need an option. Current line up does not have that like the yesteryear line ups. Ganguly, Sehwag, Tendulkar etc. Even Yuvraj in the limited tests he played was an option. This was in addition to a great spinner like Kumble. The thing is if Rohit fails in 2 or 3 tests at no.6 then you are looking at a bowling line up that will have to toil a lot against good teams.. Since Dhoni is not using Binny i would go with a bowler.

whats with people trying to drop good players based on bad ipl and 2 tests ? same thing is being said about shami and now its even more stupid with kohli in discussion please explain me how it will help him ? h needs to bat now in winning environment without much pressure and score runs ..nothing else will bring him back to form and he did not play anything between ipl and tests but clearly it did not improve his form now did it ?
Shami's case is different. He looks out of shape, flabby. It can be risky. Such a bowler can get injured anytime during the match and that farce must be avoided.