My transition from ESPNCricinfo is almost complete

For over two decades, I have depended on Cricinfo to help me keep up with cricketing news. Having moved away from the country in 1992, they were pretty much my only link to Indian cricket in the 90s. Refreshing their scoreboard and reading their commentary was the only way I kept up with the glory days of SRT's batting! But, stating the obvious here, over the last few years their website has become unreadable. Maybe I need a new computer/phone, but awnajji, pages takes forever to load, are filled with ads and unnecessary video features, and are generally a pain in the ****. I was just too old and stubborn to try and find any new sources and stuck with them ... until now. Watching the Sri Lanka series, I became aware of Cricbuzz, tried them out and will stick with them. Their writing is not as refined, but is crisp and to-the-point. What sold me though, was the layout of their their website. Simple, easy-to-read, uncluttered, intuitive. I am separating from Cricinfo. I may go back every now and then for one-night stands to access their stats pages, but right now, it looks like a divorce made in cricketing heaven for me.

If its for checking score - Cricbuzz Articles - Cricinfo The match reports analysis and other articles (not to forget statsguru) are still much superior in quality compared with Cricbuzz for me . But for keeping updated with scores agree Cricbuzz app is miles ahead .Much faster and quicker than cricindo

I feel the same way. In addition to your complaints, I also feel that some of the very good old time writers are no longer with cricinfo. The site has moved away from article based to multimedia based. Sharda Ugra is just alright, and the other few that remain are just bad. Really don't care for the ads, the videos and the photos. Only problem is I have not found a good alternative. Not impressed with Cricbuzz writing. Wisden India comes up with some decent stuff once in a while, but it's still not great.

For over two decades, I have depended on Cricinfo to help me keep up with cricketing news. Having moved away from the country in 1992, they were pretty much my only link to Indian cricket in the 90s. Refreshing their scoreboard and reading their commentary was the only way I kept up with the glory days of SRT's batting! But, stating the obvious here, over the last few years their website has become unreadable. Maybe I need a new computer/phone, but awnajji, pages takes forever to load, are filled with ads and unnecessary video features, and are generally a pain in the ****. I was just too old and stubborn to try and find any new sources and stuck with them ... until now. Watching the Sri Lanka series, I became aware of Cricbuzz, tried them out and will stick with them. Their writing is not as refined, but is crisp and to-the-point. What sold me though, was the layout of their their website. Simple, easy-to-read, uncluttered, intuitive. I am separating from Cricinfo. I may go back every now and then for one-night stands to access their stats pages, but right now, it looks like a divorce made in cricketing heaven for me.
Nakkan!
I feel the same way. In addition to your complaints, I also feel that some of the very good old time writers are no longer with cricinfo. The site has moved away from article based to multimedia based. Sharda Ugra is just alright, and the other few that remain are just bad. Really don't care for the ads, the videos and the photos. Only problem is I have not found a good alternative. Not impressed with Cricbuzz writing. Wisden India comes up with some decent stuff once in a while, but it's still not great.
It's true that there is a lack of alternatives. For serious cricket lovers, it would be nice if some kind of an informal portal with citizen-contributed articles could be made to work, with editors, webmasters, etc serving on a voluntary basis. Does ICF have an arena for this? On a diff note, I have not been that satisfied with Ugra's writing as of late.

Their anti India stuff is just bad. They have most Indian visitors but still have anti Indian articles mocking IPL. The problem is hypocrisy as well. The dont comment on Aussie bastman struggling because of BBL. They only want to highlight IPL and show in bad light. They just dont like India controlling world cricket. Jarrod kimber and Sharada Ugra are awful. Cricbizz mobile website is really fast as well. At least they don't copy commentary from other sites like cricinfo.

Their hate for India knows no bounds. Any self respecting Indian with a trace of dignity should boycott those white ass licking, hypocritical, snooty clown writers. Hope Cricbuzz hires better writers, their present articles are of poor quality.

Their anti India stuff is just bad. They have most Indian visitors but still have anti Indian articles mocking IPL. The problem is hypocrisy as well. The dont comment on Aussie bastman struggling because of BBL. They only want to highlight IPL and show in bad light. They just dont like India controlling world cricket. Jarrod kimber and Sharada Ugra are awful. Cricbizz mobile website is really fast as well. At least they don't copy commentary from other sites like cricinfo.
Mocking IPL isn't anti India stuff bro. IPL itself is anti India, so mocking that crapfest is a favor for us. The reason I hate them is because they take great pleasure when we do bad, just the tone of their articles. Also whenever we have achieved some good stuff like CT 2013, 4-0 over Australia they were literally in tears. Why do I get the feeling that they always want India to fail so that they can go and kiss some more Pom ass. To top it off Scumbag Bal, Suar Monga are so awful that it makes me cringe. Ugra is better than these 2 douchebags. But still Cricinfo has many nice features like StatsGuru, great analytical articles(by the likes of Aakash Chopra, Martin Crowe, Ed Smith etc), interviews etc. CricBuzz has a lot of catching up to do.
Mocking IPL isn't anti India stuff bro. IPL itself is anti India' date= so mocking that crapfest is a favor for us. The reason I hate them is because they take great pleasure when we do bad, just the tone of their articles. Also whenever we have achieved some good stuff like CT 2013, 4-0 over Australia they were literally in tears. Why do I get the feeling that they always want India to fail so that they can go and kiss some more Pom ass. To top it off Scumbag Bal, Suar Monga are so awful that it makes me cringe. Ugra is better than these 2 douchebags. But still Cricinfo has many nice features like StatsGuru, great analytical articles(by the likes of Aakash Chopra, Martin Crowe, Ed Smith etc), interviews etc. CricBuzz has a lot of catching up to do.
Load of rubbish. Do u think the fans who attend IPL matches are from Mars :facepalm:
Load of rubbish. Do u think the fans who attend IPL matches are from Mars :facepalm:
No but they are oblivious to corruption, fixing, nepotism and India's national team performance. Started in 2008 and within 7 years RIP Indian cricket.
No but they are oblivious to corruption' date=' fixing, nepotism and India's national team performance. Started in 2008 and within 7 years RIP Indian cricket.[/quote'] Yeah the national team that couldn't win the world cup for 25 years before IPL . RIP Indian cricket ? More like RIP test cricket lol Corruption ? Then why are u even watching test cricket?
Yeah the national team that couldn't win the world cup for 25 years before IPL . RIP Indian cricket ? More like RIP test cricket lol Corruption ? Then why are u even watching test cricket?
For me cricket=test cricket + ICC tourneys. What has test cricket to do with corruption? Admit it IPL is rotten to the core.
For me cricket=test cricket + ICC tourneys. What has test cricket to do with corruption? Admit it IPL is rotten to the core.
Test cricket no corruption :hysterical: Cronje Azhar Jadeja Asif Amir .Heck even Ranji had Sudhindra was caught for spot fixing lol And yeah billions of Indians are oblivious to the Anti - India IPL :cantstop: Atleast IPL it gets exposed unlike the corruption and nepotism in the Ranji trophy . So why do u follow test cricket and Ranji which is corrupt to the core and rotten ?
Test cricket no corruption :hysterical: Cronje Azhar Jadeja Asif Amir .Heck even Ranji had Sudhindra was caught for spot fixing lol And yeah billions of Indians are oblivious to the Anti - India IPL :cantstop: Atleast IPL it gets exposed unlike the corruption and nepotism in the Ranji trophy . So why do u follow test cricket and Ranji which is corrupt to the core and rotten ?
The names you mentioned(except the last 2) were caught for fixing in ODI matches, not test matches. I am not saying fixing doesn't happen in tests but nowhere close to IPL. In IPL you have owners, managers, players, umpires everyone involved. IPL looks so fake, I don't even want to get into that route. In Ranji the hype, media attention, coverage, $$$ is so little that no bookie would want to waste time in fixing. There may be an incident or two but that's it. Please don't compare that with IPL. I follow test cricket because IMO it is the greatest game in the world.