Indian batsmen who average more in Test cricket than FC cricket

Texan

I knew Virender Sehwag was one who had a better Test average than First Class average. 

Sehwag's Test average is: 49.34 compared to an FC average of: 47.36, almost a 2 run difference.

The only other player who has played a decent amount of matches and averages more in Test cricket that I found was Gundappa Vishwanath. Test av: 41.93, FC av: 40.93, exactly 1 run over.

Not sure if there are others... not looking for 3-4 Test wonders like Deepak Shodhan.

On 4/25/2016 at 9:50 AM, Texan said:

I knew Virender Sehwag was one who had a better Test average than First Class average. 

Sehwag's Test average is: 49.34 compared to an FC average of: 47.36, almost a 2 run difference.

The only other player who has played a decent amount of matches and averages more in Test cricket that I found was Gundappa Vishwanath. Test av: 41.93, FC av: 40.93, exactly 1 run over.

Not sure if there are others... not looking for 3-4 Test wonders like Deepak Shodhan.

FC matches include test matches.  So, for a player with lower FC average, his batting average in domestic FC matches would be even lower than stats would show.

Though the thread is about Indian batsmen,  lot of Pakistani batsmen will be in such list.

Younis Khan - FC avg of 51, Test avg of 54

Yousuf Yohana - FC avg of 48, Test avg of 52

Azhar Ali - FC avg of 38, Test avg of 43

Asad Shaifq - FC avg of 40, Test avg of 43

Hafeez - FC avg of 36, Test avg of 41

Sarfarz Ahmed - FC avg of 43, Test avg of 46

5 of the top 7 in their current test batting line up. Playing on UAE tracks for last 3-4 years helps.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

FC matches include test matches.  So, for a player with lower FC average, his batting average in domestic FC matches would be even lower than stats would show.

I am aware of that. It is just that it is very rare for an Indian batsman to have such a record considering the flat tracks and blunt attacks encountered in domestic cricket.

On 4/25/2016 at 1:48 AM, kosingh said:

MS Dhoni

Right.

14 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

I think Sachin has played around 100 more international matches than FC matches(excluding international).

So cannot compare the two averages. 

Who is comparing Sachin to the rest? Its not like these are considered extraordinary players because they played better at international level. I would rather say that they either lacked sufficient motivation to play at domestic level or that they became much better players than they were when they started playing at the international level. 

1 minute ago, Texan said:

Who is comparing Sachin to the rest? Its not like these are considered extraordinary players because they played better at international level. I would rather say that they either lacked sufficient motivation to play at domestic level or that they became much better players than they were when they started playing at the international level. 

He is saying you cannot compare Test & FC averages not Sachin & Dhoni :facepalm: 

On 26/04/2016 at 9:35 AM, Shoonya said:

Though the thread is about Indian batsmen,  lot of Pakistani batsmen will be in such list.

Younis Khan - FC avg of 51, Test avg of 54

Yousuf Yohana - FC avg of 48, Test avg of 52

Azhar Ali - FC avg of 38, Test avg of 43

Asad Shaifq - FC avg of 40, Test avg of 43

Hafeez - FC avg of 36, Test avg of 41

Sarfarz Ahmed - FC avg of 43, Test avg of 46

5 of the top 7 in their current test batting line up. Playing on UAE tracks for last 3-4 years helps.

Their domestic bowling lineup, tests batsmen. Allthough few of them chuck but may never get caught. We got too many trundlers in too many teams

13 hours ago, mishra said:

Their domestic bowling lineup, tests batsmen. Allthough few of them chuck but may never get caught. We got too many trundlers in too many teams

I wonder how they still produce cr@ppy batsmen despite having fairly good bowlers.