Rank Turner pitches ?

prinzo

Can this also backfire on team INDIA  , as Australia also have spinners.

With regards to the first test humiliation , i assume India would normally prep a rank turner pitch for the next couple test matches to come back into the series , but Australia is playing the same spinning game and fighting fire with fire.

your thoughts?

22 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Aussies almost scored 300 in 2nd inning against best spin bowling attack in world, so I guess pitch was  OK. Not a good batting track, but definitely kind of track where match should have lasted more than 4 days. But current Indian team is not good enough against spin.

so, you want to say they are worst than Aussies against spin? I would like to say Indian spinners bowled badly, especially Ashwin who got wickets but lacked consistency and was taken for runs and we dropped 5 catches Steve Smith. Never know what would have Aus scored if Smith was out early.

I think it is probably a better option for you (india) to not prepare any more rank-turners this series. Not because you dont have the superior spin attack. You quite clearly do. But proving that on a similar pitch to pune could also come at a cost.

That cost being that displaying your current teams struggles with playing spin is not good for the image of "indian crickers are the masters of spin" they are nothing in comparison to your old masters recently gone. The last thing you want is having people questioning that perception of indias superiority when it comes to playing spin.

But at the same time that means preparing pitches that are more friendly to our arguably better pace attack. But you have the better overall batting line up so it is likely the lesser of two evils overall.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

so, you want to say they are worst than Aussies against spin? I would like to say Indian spinners bowled badly, especially Ashwin who got wickets but lacked consistency and was taken for runs and we dropped 5 catches Steve Smith. Never know what would have Aus scored if Smith was out early.

This. We got mentally scarred after 1st innings batting debacle and everything went downhill from there. No one can afford to give 5 lives to Smith, and expect not to score even 250.