Shreyas gopal Nightmare of RCB

7 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Seriously how is this guy not a part of t20 plans, he is a useful bat as well 

And a good fielder too! I am tired of seeing Chahal getting all the chances as spinner. It's time to give a chance to Gopal.

20 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Rahul has got plenty of chances.

Nair was robbed, i agree. How the hell is he not getting into the indian squad...

Rahul wasn't treated well in shorter formats, was dropped from ODIs after 3 poor outings in SL, and in T20s he wasn't automatic pick in 2016-17 despite good performance. 

39 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Rahul wasn't treated well in shorter formats, was dropped from ODIs after 3 poor outings in SL, and in T20s he wasn't automatic pick in 2016-17 despite good performance. 

Its hard to fit him into the ODI team, he's always out of position. But he still got a lot of chances and averages 45+

Doesn't he have the same agent as kohli (bunty sajdeh) ?

25 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Its hard to fit him into the ODI team, he's always out of position.

no he was perfect for 4 and he is showing now how good is he in middle 

he made runs for RCB at 4

has a 100 in t20 at 3 n 4

he wud have been ideal at 4 before Wc coz he is one player with a complete game....he was never given a fair chance and now look at his numbers

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

no he was perfect for 4 and he is showing now how good is he in middle 

he made runs for RCB at 4

has a 100 in t20 at 3 n 4

he wud have been ideal at 4 before Wc coz he is one player with a complete game....he was never given a fair chance and now look at his numbers

I think he's an opener. he plays his best as an opener.

if he plays at 4, he'll do a good job, but i don't think its his preferred position. but they cant fit him with rohit and dhawan opening and kohli at 3.

7 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I think he's an opener. he plays his best as an opener.

not a written rule that he can only be that

he made runs at 4 in t20, ODI only gives u more time and now he is showing how wrong were these guys .

if he plays at 4, he'll do a good job, but i don't think its his preferred position. but they cant fit him with rohit and dhawan opening and kohli at 3.

Pref or non pref team comes 1st, and no player likes to be on bench im sure he wud have wanted to play rather be on bench 

46 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

Its hard to fit him into the ODI team, he's always out of position. But he still got a lot of chances and averages 45+

Should have always been our #4 or #5, him and Iyer following Kohli in some order....personally prefer KL at 5 if he is going to keep. 

Doesn't he have the same agent as kohli (bunty sajdeh) ?

Yeah I think he came under Bunty's agency in 2018. 

Edited by Gollum
19 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Should have always been our #4 or #5, him and Iyer following Kohli in some order....personally prefer KL at 5 if he is going to keep. 

Yeah I think he came under Bunty's agency in 2018. 

I think you're wasting him if you play him at 5. Rahul can score big hundreds, he wins games at the top of the order. He's not an MS dhoni.

Kohli should bat at 4 and rahul at 3. He should bat no lower than 3, IMO.

22 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not a written rule that he can only be that

he made runs at 4 in t20, ODI only gives u more time and now he is showing how wrong were these guys .

Pref or non pref team comes 1st, and no player likes to be on bench im sure he wud have wanted to play rather be on bench 

Preference matters. you get the most out of a player when he's in his natural position. rahul is a great opener, we see it in the IPL.

tendulkar was very good at number 4, but he played his best as an opener.

6 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

I think you're wasting him if you play him at 5. Rahul can score big hundreds, he wins games at the top of the order. He's not an MS dhoni.

Kohli should bat at 4 and rahul at 3. He should bat no lower than 3, IMO.

Preference matters. you get the most out of a player when he's in his natural position. rahul is a great opener, we see it in the IPL.

tendulkar was very good at number 4, but he played his best as an opener.

tendulkar became bigger then the team, ganguly left his spot, dravid left his....guys like dhoni n raina batted in lower middler order when they cud have batted at top for team, someone has to do for team and Rahul himself doesnt knw his ability i feel till now. . Even sehwag pref middle order always but opened for team

Even butler is at his best when he opens for his side in t20 but in ODi he bats at 6 

Hussey also i think went to middle order , he was an opener in domestic 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

tendulkar became bigger then the team, ganguly left his spot, dravid left his....guys like dhoni n raina batted in lower middler order when they cud have batted at top for team, someone has to do for team and Rahul himself doesnt knw his ability i feel till now. . Even sehwag pref middle order always but opened for team

Tendulkar is the best opening batsman in the history of odi cricket...not saying rahul is the same, but he could be a heavy run scorer at the top of the order. that's what we see him doing in the IPL. 

rahul could become the best opener in the history of the IPL, and this wouldnt have happened if he hadn't left RCB. 

i agree, somebody has to sacrifice for the team, but you don't want your most talented batsmen playing the middle order. rahul should be an opener. maybe he'll take over once dhawan or rohit leaves

Tendulkar is the best opening batsman in the history of odi cricket...not saying rahul is the same, but he could be a heavy run scorer at the top of the order. that's what we see him doing in the IPL. 

rahul could become the best opener in the history of the IPL, and this wouldnt have happened if he hadn't left RCB. 

i agree, somebody has to sacrifice for the team, but you don't want your most talented batsmen playing the middle order. rahul should be an opener. maybe he'll take over once dhawan or rohit leaves

In ODI he shud be at 4, coz there arent many good middle order option that to with a shot range like him. He is the only one i see with ability of ABDV or yuvi .

With opening we have options like shaw, gill, samson, devdutt but not many in middle, Rahul gives a firepower in middle that no one does

16 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In ODI he shud be at 4, coz there arent many good middle order option that to with a shot range like him. He is the only one i see with ability of ABDV or yuvi .

With opening we have options like shaw, gill, samson, devdutt but not many in middle, Rahul gives a firepower in middle that no one does

You don't like my idea of kohli batting at 4?

6 hours ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

You don't like my idea of kohli batting at 4?

I never likee anyone idea of kohli batting at 4

Kohli became kohli batting at 3, no one will be

as good as him

Kohli wont be as good at 4 as he is at 3

I find him similar to ponting who controlled the game better at 3.

I cant put him in category of lara, abdv, yuvi who had that extra gear n stroke ranges who can take targets to next level. No doubt he ll be successful n he was but its about utilising player at their best position. Only player in this team who has that ability is KL and he is showing it

Made 100+ in nz when came in 12 overs , when team was trouble

Made 80+ in 50 balls as well against aussies 

2nd one who can do that is pant. 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I cant put him in category of lara, abdv, yuvi who had that extra gear n stroke ranges who can take targets to next level.

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!??!!?!

Kohli is better than those guys, he has a better ODI record. He can bat at 4, its not different from batting at 3.

37 minutes ago, Manny_Pacquiao said:

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?!??!!?!

Kohli is better than those guys, he has a better ODI record. He can bat at 4, its not different from batting at 3.

dont compare overall 

its in a position, Kohli is better then ab at 3 and AB is better then kohli at 4

Its very diff coming at 10/1 then 10/2 , a lot of times no.4 comes after 20-25 overs, Some players likes to be in early when ball is new and its easy to get boundaries rather work hard for it