Whats the score that if India gets it, then win is nearly assured?

arkay

Whats the score that if India gets it, then win is nearly assured?  

1. 1.

• Final Target: 300 range
    • Final Target: 350 range
    • Final Target: 400 range
    • Final Target: 450 range
    • Final Target: 500 range
    • Final Target: 550 range
    • Beyond 550!!!

question is how much we will manage to score more. I think close to 250. That will indicate that the pitch is still difficult to play and Aus will colapse. But if wkts ease out and it makes us easy to score runs and play out more than 3-4 sessions then it may go for draw. Quick fire 350 on the 3 day will definite give us this game on a platter.

as they all say that the pitch is best for batting on Day 2 & 3 , I wonder what will happen on day 4-5 when I look at how the wickets fell yesterday. In this game its all about the swing not the pitch @ WACA
This is not a spinner's track. So there will not be any huge day-4/5 wear and tear effect.
This is not a spinner's track. So there will not be any huge day-4/5 wear and tear effect.
I'll be happy to not concur on this one. I think based on what has happened so far, we're as far from the norm as we can ever be. This was not supposed to be India's game either! So brace yourself for some changes for the good. And Kumble's not a spinner, he had evolved into an intelligent bowler who relies on his variations: sliders, bounce, googlies, and spin to get his men out. I think he'll yet again architect India's victory.
Guest HariSampath

450 minimum needed for a sure win, but having said that I don't think it is easy to chase even 375, with their main batter Hayden absent, new openers, out of form middle order etc. Just Symonds and Hussey have got runs and that was with a huge amount of luck. Pitch too will help a bit of spin and cracks are developing, it already has bounce and AK should fancy himself. India, if they play normal cricket, should win this test

India 2nd Innings Run Rate - 5.00 30 overs in and these guys are racing along at 5 an over despite being 5 wkts down ! This could make all the difference ! At 3 an over India's lead would be barely 200. Australia will bat at 4.00 an over and could perhaps bat 100 overs. A lead of 425 and this game is ours !

30 overs in and these guys are racing along at 5 an over despite being 5 wkts down ! This could make all the difference ! At 3 an over India's lead would be barely 200. Australia will bat at 4.00 an over and could perhaps bat 100 overs. A lead of 425 and this game is ours !
425 lead looks unlikely at this stage unless we launch a MASSIVE rear guard attack.