Thank You Kumble

and shameless Kohli was laughing with the Paks. it smacks of immaturity and unprofessionalism.

its not the laugh that I am bothered about. its the nature of the laugh. I think its Kohli's way of dealing with embarrassment. but its a poor way and reflects an insecure personality. 

Edited by beetle

I obviously have my own bias towards Kumble but am wondering if making him the coach was a flawed decision in the first place. He didn't have any prior coaching experience and this was raised as a concern by ICF'ers also. A cricketing legend doesn't automatically become a good coach. Selectors need to make note of this and only hire coaches with training. 

Just now, DGBOSS said:

I am sorry but this is not how things fo in Indian Cricket and the Indian Board.

We are not some "other" board where everyone from ex cricketers to curent cricketers to coaches and board officials wash their dirty laundry in public . 

This is not warranted from Kumble.

Exactly, he should have just left without mentioning that it was due to the Captain's reservations about him, that he decided to leave in spite of getting the opportunity to coach further. In fact he should have been asked to recite a poem saying how lucky and blessed he is to have gotten  the opportunity to be a coach of a team that has Kohli as the captain.

@Cricketics   @BeautifulGame

My biggest teachers was coach Uwe.I hated him!But stuck with him for 20 years.He always told me things I did not want to hear.#justsaying

— Abhinav Bindra (@Abhinav_Bindra)

India are losing a Great man in @anilkumble1074 … realty hope he stays in some role …. far too good a bloke to lose … #India

— Michael Vaughan (@MichaelVaughan)

Since Kumble was appointed India coach in July 2016 India won 5/5 Test series, 2/3 ODI series & tournaments & 1/2 T20 series.

— Freddie Wilde (@fwildecricket)

And our little fairies cannot handle some "discipline" and "headmaster"  mentality and  feel  -  "intimidated"  -   Leave the millions aside and go do something else then !  This is absurd 

None of them remotely matters if their relationship has broken down beyond repair.

I don't know why this episode reminds me of some American sports movies... basketball team with a superstar player. a new coach arrives. the superstar doesn't like the ways of the coach. a major rift develops between them. the coach kicks the superstar out and continues with the rest. the superstar sees light and returns as a reformed player. the team transforms and wins some prestigious cup or something....

Edited by dark_profile
grammar and typos
7 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

None of them remotely matters if their relationship has broken down beyond repair.

It shouldn't have though and it would have been better to sacrifice Kohli as a captain , not as a player but as a captain to keep Kumble around in that capacity 

46 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

What ? Sack captain for Coach ? Lol

Captain is far more important in cricket.

In Indian cricket primarily , that's how unfortunately the system of superstars in this country has made the system to be moulded. 

49 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

What ? Sack captain for Coach ? Lol

Captain is far more important in cricket.

"The way the cricket set-up works in India is the coach is not the king. So the coach has to understand that."  

This is exactly the sort of system that needs to be broken.  

2 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

No that's how cricket the sport is.

In no other team , would a coach of the Calibre of Kumble would be let go just because your captain is a fairy.  Kumble gave results , his cricketing acumen is well respected and He needs to let go because Kohli's ego is too big to handle.  I do not foresee Warne for example being fired if he and Smith does not get  along . It's a shame and superstar culture in Indian and Pakistani cricket is well known and condemned 

Just now, BeautifulGame said:

Well that is the reality.

It's captain who transforms teams not coaches .

That is how cricket is .

Certainly not , that's your opinion . you do not speak for the sport nor can you draw conclusions . It might be the sad reality of Indian cricket but hopefully that changes soon .   Opinions aren't facts