*Video* - Pravin Kumars 8-68 v.s Delhi Ranji Finals & Rajat Bhatia

retterimp

Genius swing....Praveen Kumar this guy is ridiculous, has delhi on the rocks with his banana in AND out swingers at around 80mph... this guy is no one trick pony like anwar ali who could only bowl huge banana inswingers in that u19 final he is only 21 yrs of age and certainly one for the future man...dont want to get too excited but india has some demon fast bowlers coming up...pak could only produce 4 till now....we are going to produce a whole generation any more info on him from you guys is appreciated

sadly he didn't impress the Indian "andhi" public which doesn't watch domestic cricket.. now that said, its not that i am backing this guy to be a great bowler.. he didn't perform that great in his first outing when he got a cahnce against pakistan.. but it won't be right to write off such young swinger best of luck to him

he will be good' date=' if he can improve his batting further.... there is no way, he can play in the test team ahead of [b']Sree, RP, Zak, Ishant and Pathan.... But if he can improve his batting, he can seal Yuvi's spot as an allrounder...
It is a very good pool of fast bowlers.
he will be good' date=' if he can improve his batting further.... there is no way, he can play in the test team ahead of Sree, RP, Zak, Ishant and Pathan.... But if he can improve his batting, he can seal Yuvi's spot as an allrounder...[/quote'] he is a decent batsman averages close to 25 in both List A and First Class Matches he's opened the batting for India A (atleast on one occasion that i know of )
he is a decent batsman averages close to 25 in both List A and First Class Matches he's opened the batting for India A (atleast on one occasion that i know of )
i know.... he needs a season with an average of over 50, to fill the spot tht Yuvi is warming....

I just took a look at the video in full and Kumar is extracting some very heavy and late swing. Prabrakar is right when he notes that Kumar needs to inrease his pace just a tad (3-5kph) to succeed at Test level. However, there is no reason why he cannot succeed at the ODI level. He looked about 125kph from the clip, but if he could reach that 130kph mark consistently, he could unleash the terror which Stuart Clark has this Test series. Currently though, international batsmen will be able to adjust before the ball pitches to the general direction of swing.