Using Bharat over India

zen

12 hours ago, zen said:

Another nice article below .... what a name :dance:

There are lots of wonders seen here; may be an architectural or as a highly developed civilisation in ancient India or an amazing history of much conquered nation, India has always made her presence felt as a great nation. Since ancient times our nation has been termed as Bharat (Sanskrit original name). There are some stories of various historians which fascinate us and explain How India got the name Bharat.

According to the History of India’s Geography; the land of seven rivers, the Rig Veda’s 18th hymn of seventh book describes about the terrible war which is known as ‘Dasharajna’ or battle of ten kings. The war was fought between ten powerful tribes who plotted to overthrow King Sudasa of the Bharata tribe of Trtsu Dynasty. This battle took place on the river Ravi in Punjab. As a result, Sudasa achieved a great thumping victory over the confederacy of ten kings. Which further led to the popularity of King Sudasa and people eventually started identifying themselves as members of the Bharata tribe. The name ‘Bharata’ stuck on the mouth of people and ultimately named as Bharat Varsha’ meaning the land of Bharata.

According to Mahabharata the popular story states that India was called Bharatvarshaafter the king named Bharata Chakravarti. Bharata was a legendary emperor and the founder of Bharata Dynasty and an ancestor of the Pandavas and Kauravas. He was son of King Dushyanta of Hastinapur and Queen Sakuntala. Also, a descendant of Kshatriya Varna. Bharata had conquered all of Greater India, united in to a single political entity which was named after him as “Bharatvarsha”.

Excerpt of Vishnu Purana ---- “This country is known as Bharatvarsha since the times the father entrusted the kingdom to the son Bharata and he himself went to the forest for ascetic practices”

Uttaraṃ yatsamudrasya himādreścaiva dakṣiṇam
varṣaṃ tadbhārataṃ nāma bhāratī yatra santatiḥ

This shloka means: “The country (Varsam) that lies north of the ocean and south of the snowy mountains is called Bharatam; there dwell the descendants of Bharata.

Therefore, it is also said that the name Bharata is derived from the ancient Indian texts, the Puranas which refers to the land that comprises India as Bharata Varsam. They used this term to distinguish it from other varsas or continents.

Third is according to Sanskrit, the origin of Bharat:

Bharata is the official Sanskrit name of the country, Bharata Ganarajya. The Sanskrit word Bharata describes Agni. This term has Sanskrit root bhr means “to bear/ to carry” i.e. “to be maintained” (of fire). It also means“One who is engaged in search of Knowledge”.

Fourth is According to Jain Dharma:

India’s real name is Bharat and it was kept after the name of Bharat Chakravarti the eldest son of First Jain Tirthankar & it is said that it is solely gift of Jainism in terms of name Bharat and its original source of Civilisation of Bharat today called India.

Link

Yet overwhelming majority of Hindu literature in the last 1500 years use the word Hindustan way more than bharat. 
your religious hogwash to erase our history is an insult to our culture and is anti Indian culture.

26 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

false claim, fake Hindu. You are a western rice bag convert seeking Christian. That’s why you hate our history so much and want to erase it.

lol. That was from YOU. NOT ‘ Hindus’. I asked you for evidence, you ran away like a rice bag convert and refused to talk. And that’s also a false claim. I said show evidence, not make god appear in front of my eyes. 

you ran away and I trapped you so hard that you ended up blocking me. Coz u r a fake Hindu.

Nobody is kicking my butt because you cannot counter my points. You said history does not matter. Meaning you are anti Indian history and you seek to trivialize our heritage. Someone who trivializes our history is against our culture. Checkmate.

Zero points made .... bad assumptions .... dumb deductions ....  even a child would not buy that .... but again what can you expect from someone who wrote the below:

No, because what is relevant to history is what it was. If donkey was used way more often, then donkey is more historically relevant.

:hysterical:

Edited by zen

28 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Yet overwhelming majority of Hindu literature in the last 1500 years use the word Hindustan way more than bharat. 
your religious hogwash to erase our history is an insult to our culture and is anti Indian culture.

SPAM

a) Bharat is the official name of the country chosen after evaluating various factors 

b) Use of Hindustan or any other name does not negate the importance of Bharat (see point "a" too)

c) A new word can be coined to to name a country as well 

d) HIndustan is not an official name of the country but people still know it (a proof against your point of history being erased)

e) No history is being erased except in your dumb head 

You have wasted so much time but made zero points  :lol:

Edited by zen

20 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

You keep claiming this. What is Hindu literature for you?

19 minutes ago, zen said:

Zero points made .... bad assumptions .... dumb deductions ....  even a child would not buy that .... but again what can you expect from someone who wrote the below:

:hysterical:

All my points came with logic, all your points are empty assertions like above, rice bag convert fake Hindu. You said history doesn’t mean much. That is anti Indian history and therefore anti Indian culture. Checkmate and as usual you cannot refute .

Edited by Muloghonto

20 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

All my points came with logic, all your points are empty assertions like above, rice bag convert fake Hindu. You said history doesn’t mean much. That is anti Indian history and therefore anti Indian culture. Checkmate and as usual you cannot refute .

You have wasted so much time but made zero points :lol: 

To summarize my position:

a) Bharat is the official name of the country chosen after evaluating various factors 

b) Even a new name can be coined for a country. There can be a multitude of factors in play

c) On one hand, you claim (a foolish one) that by making Bharat, an official name, predominant, country's history is being erased. On the other hand, you say that Hindustan, a name that is not even official, is more popularly used. Which shows that making one name more predominant does not change the status of other names (but I do not expect you to know the contradictions in your own points, which are automatically nullified) 

d) Other unrelated comments are a figment of your imagination and/or due to a lack of understanding of matters 

/discussion 

Edited by zen

8 minutes ago, zen said:

You have wasted so much time but made zero points :lol: 

To summarize my position:

nobody disputed that. But it is secondary to India

b) Even a new name can be coined for a country. There can be a multitude of factors in play

and it will be less aligned to culture because it’s less aligned to history.

c) On one hand, you claim (a foolish one) that by making Bharat, an official name, predominant, country's history is being erased. On the other hand, you say that Hindustan, a name that is not even official, is more popularly used.

Hindustan and India are the same damn name, idiot. One is in Greek, other is in Farsi, both about using Sindh/Indus as the boundary marker.

Which shows that making one name more predominant does not change the status of other names (but I do not expect you to know the contradictions in your own points, which are automatically nullified) 

d) Other unrelated comments are a figment of your imagination and/or due to a lack of understanding of matters 

/discussion 

Yet banal assertion with no refutation. You can’t refute the points:

a) that which has greater prevalence in history is more representative of history.

b) if you think history is inconsequential, then you are anti history and being anti history is anti culture, because you cannot have culture without cultural history.

it is YOU that lacks understanding, which is why you cannot touch these points directly. Not even your God can inspire enough honesty in you to address this or integrity to concede. coz YOU ARE A FAKE HINDU, mr. Thomas. 

Edited by Muloghonto

32 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Part of theology and distant past. Not big part of written history and a minor part of history of the last 2000 years.

Do you have  a scanner the scans through "the Part of theology and distant past. Not big part of written history and a minor part of history of the last 2000 years." and come to the conclusion that Hindustan/India is more popular ? How come Bharat is popular in regional languages even in 2000 years of regional language history?

6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

nobody disputed that. But it is secondary to India

and it will be less aligned to culture because it’s less aligned to history.

Hindustan and India are the same damn name, idiot. One is in Greek, other is in Farsi, both about using Sindh/Indus as the boundary marker.

Yet banal assertion with no refutation. You can’t refute the points:

a) that which has greater prevalence in history is more representative of history.

b) if you think history is inconsequential, then you are anti history and being anti history is anti culture, because you cannot have culture without cultural history. YOU ARE A FAKE HINDU, mr. Thomas. 

As I said, you have made zero points 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Do you have  a scanner the scans through "the Part of theology and distant past. Not big part of written history and a minor part of history of the last 2000 years." and come to the conclusion that Hindustan/India is more popular ? How come Bharat is popular in regional languages even in 2000 years of regional language history?

Because of Mahabharata and Brahmo samaj to idegenize our history. You should know by now that nobody on this forum has accessed as much first hand historical sources- meaning coins, inscriptions, edicts, compilations of the said eras- than me. 

2 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Because of Mahabharata and Brahmo samaj to idegenize our history. You should know by now that nobody on this forum has accessed as much first hand historical sources- meaning coins, inscriptions, edicts, compilations of the said eras- than me. 

Ok. An eminent archeologist or works of eminent historians is more credible for me than somebody who has done freelance work on internet. Sorry, I am outta this discussion. 

Edited by coffee_rules

A quick toponymy to see how many countries have named themselves: 

• A topographic feature: Lake Chad -> Chad, Montenegro (Black Mountain), Iceland, Honduras (Deep Water)
  • Tribers: Franks -> France, Schwyz -> Switzerland, Vitali -> Italy 
  • Older identity and/or preferring endonyms over English name: Ceylon -> Sri Lanka, Gold Coast -> Ghana
  • People's attributes: Pakistan (Land of the pure), Burkina Faso (Land of honest people), Barbados (Bearded ones), Tobago (people stuffed leaves in pipes to smoke Tobacco)
  • Land attributes: Costa Rica (The rich coast), Nippon (The land of the rising sun), Norway (Northern way)
  • Animal attributes:  Sierra Leone (Lion Mountains), Singapore (Lion City)
  • Leaders/Historical/Mythical figures: Bolivia (Simon Bolivar), Philippines (King Philips of Spain), Israel (Jacob), Mauritius (Maurice of Nassau),  The Solomon Island (Biblical King Solomon), America (Amerigo Vespucci)

1 hour ago, zen said:

A quick toponymy to see how many countries have named themselves: 

• A topographic feature: Lake Chad -> Chad, Montenegro (Black Mountain), Iceland, Honduras (Deep Water)
  • Tribers: Franks -> France, Schwyz -> Switzerland, Vitali -> Italy 
  • Older identity and/or preferring endonyms over English name: Ceylon -> Sri Lanka, Gold Coast -> Ghana
  • People's attributes: Pakistan (Land of the pure), Burkina Faso (Land of honest people), Barbados (Bearded ones), Tobago (people stuffed leaves in pipes to smoke Tobacco)
  • Land attributes: Costa Rica (The rich coast), Nippon (The land of the rising sun), Norway (Northern way)
  • Animal attributes:  Sierra Leone (Lion Mountains), Singapore (Lion City)
  • Leaders/Historical/Mythical figures: Bolivia (Simon Bolivar), Philippines (King Philips of Spain), Israel (Jacob), Mauritius (Maurice of Nassau),  The Solomon Island (Biblical King Solomon), America (Amerigo Vespucci)

I always thought pakistan is an acronym for p[unjab], a[fghan provinces] and k[ashmir]... https://www.etymonline.com/word/Pakistan

Edited by Manny_Pacquiao

https://www.indiatoday.in/news-analysis/story/should-india-be-renamed-only-as-bharat-petition-in-supreme-court-1684283-2020-06-01

Should India be renamed as Bharat only? Supreme Court to hear plea tomorrow

The constituent assembly adopted two names, India and Bharat for the country after Independence. Many members favoured Bharat as the primary name. A petition is in the Supreme Court now seeking to drop "India" from the Constitution and keep "Bharat" as the only name.

https://m.timesofindia.com/india/supreme-court-adjourns-hearing-on-plea-seeking-changing-name-from-india-to-bharat/articleshow/76151663.cms

Supreme Court adjourns hearing on plea seeking changing name ..