High time: drop Jaffer

maaki

its definitely no doubt who is gonna open in next test.........(Karthik)...i wish Uthappa could have been there....just imagine uthappa and sehwag opening...!!!!.......212/0 in 30 overs.!!!!!!! in a test....:D
:hysterical: RU << YS in Tests. Predominantly front foot (RU). You need to be able to play off the backfoot as well in Aus.
Guest HariSampath

Is Wasim Jaffer overrated ?? After that double ton, he has scores of 17, 18, 4, 15, 3, 0, 16, 11 SIX continuous failures with 84 runs avg 14.00. Isnt this too much for an opener who has already got us into a hole first 2 tests ? Why should jaffer be given such a long rope based on a 200 in India against a very weak pakistan attack ? The question is how do we rate performances of batters in friendly home conditions against mediocre attacks ( including domestic scores) when these same players come a cropper against genuine quick bowling on fast tracks abroad. I vote that jaffer should be dropped for next 2 series and his position can safely be given to Sehwag as India's FIRST choice opener, as it always should have been from the 1st test itself

:hysterical: RU << YS in Tests. Predominantly front foot (RU). You need to be able to play off the backfoot as well in Aus.
oh yeah...??then watzwrong with wasim jaffer,,,,who's predominantly a backfoot player...technique is not d only ingredient for success ...u need gutts as well uthappa ans yuvi has got it...yuvi will come good in d future........i've read ur posts...u r d biggeset pessimist on earth....next time beware saying anything about yuvi and uthappa.....:finger:

Openers are a team within a team, says Geoff Marsh Openers are a team within a team, says Geoff Marsh - A TELEGRAPH SPECIAL - I’m not sure whether Jaffer believes he belongs to the big stage, says former Australian opener and coach LOKENDRA PRATAP SAHI18Marsh.jpgGeoff Marsh

Perth: One of the finest openers of his time, Geoff Marsh is also remembered for being the coach when Australia won the 1999 World Cup. A former national selector too, Marsh spoke to The Telegraph on Thursday afternoon. The following are excerpts On what keeps him busy Cricket-wise, I’m a state selector... Outside the game, I deal with sports cruiser boats, which are made in Queensland... My hands are pretty full... On the qualities an opener must have Technique and temperament are the obvious ones but, for me, the opener should have the want to open... He’s got to be hungry for the job... Got to be willing to give that 100 per cent even if means taking guard in the last 30 minutes of a day... In fact, given the responsibility, openers are a team within a team. On his top five openers Gordon Greenidge: A great batsman. Period. Desmond Haynes: He was fantastic and that’s reflected in his record. Sunil Gavaskar: A brilliant technician. Matthew Hayden: He’s just so good... Is prolific and wants to dominate... Has an amazing mindset. David Boon: My partner in a number of matches... Very solid with a big appetite. On whether it has been tough leaving out somebody Well, yes... Geoffrey Boycott and Mark Taylor. On whether he’s in favour of makeshift openers A No. 3 can open... There’s not much of a difference between a No. 3 and the openers... I wouldn’t, for example, have a problem with Rahul Dravid opening... He did in the first two Tests, but was out of form. I liked his innings on the first day at the Waca. On India’s opening pair in the ongoing Test — Virender Sehwag and Wasim Jaffer I would have played Sehwag from the first Test... He’s the kind who can unsettle bowlers... Jaffer is struggling and I’m not sure whether he believes he belongs to the big stage... A professional must have that belief... I think it’s a mental thing with him, plus he’s got to move his feet. He appears too stagnant at the crease. On who makes a good coach The one with the best communication skills... Somebody like John Buchanan... On Ian Chappell and Shane Warne tearing into Buchanan But they have been the only two to be critical... You should talk to the Adam Gilchrists, Haydens and the Glenn McGraths... Buchanan was an excellent coach and kept challenging his players to get better... A hundred or a fiver wouldn’t be enough for him and he would push for more hundreds and more fivers... Buchanan helped make Australia the fittest team and made the players do the basics harder than anybody else. On Buchanan’s successor, Tim Nielsen He’s worked with Buchanan and, so, there’s continuity. On whether he intends returning to big-time coaching Not now, but down the path, yes. (Adds laughing) I’d love to help India win the World Cup! On having done a study for the Board of Control for Cricket in India, in early 2001 Don’t know what happened to it... Finally, on India captain Anil Kumble’s claim that only one team played the SCG Test in the right spirit I wouldn’t really like to comment... All I’ll say is that Test cricket is tough cricket and what happened can’t be undone... After Monday’s meeting between the captains, I think the game emerged the winner... In my view, Kumble handled things very well.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080118/jsp/sports/story_8797255.jsp

oh yeah...??then watzwrong with wasim jaffer' date=',,,who's predominantly a backfoot player...technique is not d only ingredient for success ...u need gutts as well uthappa ans yuvi has got it...yuvi will come good in d future........i've read ur posts...u r d biggeset pessimist on earth....next time beware saying anything about yuvi and uthappa.....[/quote'] Dont moan. RU and Test matches :haha: (he is a definite odi player, no doubt abt that, but Test is another game altogether)

This is pathetic criticism to say the least. Are we all out of our minds. This was his first Aus tour and we are talking about worlds best bowler who has taken 100+ wkts in last 2 years. Do you expect opener to do better against him? Even dravid stuggled against them while opening. Please do not dream on Sehwag too. He would have score 50-60 runs more than Jaff. But rememeber, it is tough out there. When RD, SRT and Gangs couldn't survive in half the innings, why do you expect Jaffa to make 100s?? 3 innings of the last 4 of the most successful opener of Aus reads 0, 8, 16. That is because even indian bowlers have got maximum of these wkts too. Even the best in the business average little. RP-21, AG-24, MC-23, MSD-17. So are you going to take these guys off? I would continue to play Jaffy as he is only going to get better.

Guest HariSampath
If India wins this test' date=' he is sure to play T4. I can take a bet on it. 2,000. Anybody game for it?[/quote'] I will take it. Irrespective of Perth test result, Jaffer is not playing 4th test. Ok, $2000, I am in. pl confirm, coffee
Guest HariSampath
since we need 5 bowlers to win at Adelaide' date=' Harbhajan should replace Jaffer. Open with either Pathan or Dravid.[/quote'] Absolutely spoton, I couldnt have said it better. :hatsoff:. Bhajji in for Jaffer and we play 5 bowlers ( obviously Adelaide and we should take 20 wkts)...and Dravid or Pathan to open, probably Dravid as he has come into some good form in Perth with 93, and also with Sehwag at the other end , RD is best foil for VS and can play at one end as a counter to VS