6 men thrashed for transporting buffaloes

Haarkarjeetgaye

Just now, zen said:

Improve your reading comprehension, buddy

"I don't agree that human life is automatically higher."

Where does the above suggest that human life is not imp? It suggests that all living beings have their own importance and can be valyable depending upon the situation

OK

R E A D    A B O U T

VPF - Value of preventing fatality. ok get well soon. cheers

13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

OK

R E A D    A B O U T

VPF - Value of preventing fatality. ok get well soon. cheers

Eng whip appears to have an effect on you

Ok, i ll get soon, doc (hopefully you would not come with a post like "oh so you think I m a doc?")  :rofl:

Edited by zen

On 09/07/2017 at 4:05 AM, Vilander said:

Lol there is lack of raksha of women cow raksha has become such a big issue now. Some days ago a govt party with vets transporting studs for a govt program got trashed. How can someone's food habit be of public significance, it's similar to Islamic aversion to pork..so regressive for a democracy like India.Modi has come out saying gaurakshaks might be history sheeters and need to be probed.

Lack of law or lack of law enforcers for Raksha of women? There is enough laws for everything.

^ There was Outrage in Britain when people came to know horse meat was mixed and sold as beef. The outrage wasnt due to religious reason, but social, You cant eat the work horse.

I am not sure if I have seen horse meat on menu in restuarants.

Edited by mishra

5 hours ago, sarchasm said:

If someone's food habits cannot be of public significance, then explain why most of Europe and North America has a veritable ban of commercial slaughter and sale of dog meat? Why are western funded NGOs up in arms against the dog meat festival in China?

thats absurd too, its does not have a well defined limit. But i see what you are saying, if Dogs are sentient to west, Cows are sentient to dharmics, but neither can be the norm. I am not saying they should not, i am saying they can not - there is no way for you to enforce dogs and cows are sentient and pigs arnt...or for that matter hens. 

Westerners have been consuming beef from ancient times, Nagas ? have been consuming dog meat surely from the long time in the past. I dont think one can democratically enforce anti dog meat ruling there with the nagas. 

One can get into technicalities, are dogs farmed for meat if not then it can be banned as gaming domestic or feral dogs/animals is illegal, same applies for cows. If cows/dogs are farmed, how can we distinguish them from hens/pigs that are farmed ?

3 hours ago, mishra said:

^ There was Outrage in Britain when people came to know horse meat was mixed and sold as beef. The outrage wasnt due to religious reason, but social, You cant eat the work horse.

I am not sure if I have seen horse meat on menu in restuarants.

i think its the legality question.

is the animal game meat or farm raised, there can be considerations for humane slaughtering ( non halal basically). Nothing beyond it..you can outlaw an endangered animal from being hunted how can you possibilty outlaw a farming, may be environmental issue etc.

On 7/10/2017 at 7:10 AM, mishra said:

Lack of law or lack of law enforcers for Raksha of women? There is enough laws for everything.

where are the vigilantes man, i would love to see that. Lots of emotions to save the cow, less for women issues lol.

34 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Given the large Chinese and Asian diaspora in west, and further given the liberal credentials of the west from where a vast number of Indians take their moral cues.....

Why's dog farming and it's commercial sale still illegal?

We are discussing two things here.

I believe what you are saying is what Dogs are to Humans (pets/companions ) in general are what cows ( a domesticated livestock) are to the dharmic people of South Asia. So its fundamentally an emotional answer to a legal question. One can never legislate emotions, they are free to come and go.

Edited by Vilander

@sarchasm i mean only actions can be legislated against. Meaning if the slaughtering of cow is deemed illegal by laws of the land then it can be prevented, but before that there has to be deliberation on it as to why it is illegal.  If we say its against the wish of people then you set a precedence that you can not hope to keep. Imagine what all will we against the wish of peacefuls eventually.

Per @Vilander

* Hindi is an useless language despite it being understood by a vast majority

* Animals are useless and mean nothing compared to the humans. So we can probably burn down the whole ecosystem if required to protect humans

* Ppl who think Hindi can be promoted as a linga franca in Ind and animals have right too are bigots, nutheads, etc