Breaking News: Team Announced For Tri-Series

Prudent

KKDK's a superb fielder. By which I mean he jumps and dives enthusiastically around in the infield, but holds onto about 1 in 2 catches in average and tends to swandive over a fair few balls with enough drama to give the impression that he's really, really trying hard and nobody else would have gotten near them.
remember the way he drop the catch of strauss while standing @ point in lord's test.. he was trying to take that catch in aussie style, ended up looking a dumb student..
KKDK's a superb fielder. By which I mean he jumps and dives enthusiastically around in the infield, but holds onto about 1 in 2 catches in average and tends to swandive over a fair few balls with enough drama to give the impression that he's really, really trying hard and nobody else would have gotten near them.
Precisely. Said it before too, he's all "style and attitude" on the field without much substance and I did bet that he dropped the most number of catches (per innings or whatever) among all the players in the team.
Am shocked' date=' Ganguly (one of our most consistent ODI batsman of 2007) has been dropped for Dinesh Karthik. What has KKD done to earn a ODI spot ?[/quote']True to some extent. SCG even with his slow SR did build up many big partnerships with SRT recently. There was no need to drop SCG and for KKD or Raina (another useless player if you ask me).
Is Dhoni against Ganguly this is what cricinfo says It is believed that the captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, wanted to stick with a majority of the squad that won the World Twenty20 last September. What did Dhoni prove to show he is better than Dada.
I'm pretty sure he'll find out soon enough ODIs against Aussies on their home turf is slightly different than T20s

What a crap discussion on the crap subject. ODIs sucks and Indian ODI team sucks ever more.,... Pointless discussion. If these young bunch have won Bis Bis, they could be effective in 50-50 too. Eventually they will pickup. It was great move. SCG needs to be preserved for Test matches. I am sure SRT will be dropped in the next ODI games and prolly, SG or RD will replace him. These seniour buddhas need to rest lot now a days. If BCCI babus, dont rest RP after this tour then we will see him going ZK, IP or MP route as well. Boy didn't we miss SS in these test matches more than anything else. Like batsman, all the bowlers need to be rotated. MP, RP, ZK, IP, IS and SS should not play more than two serieses at a stretch. BCCI babus... please take note..

Is Dhoni against Ganguly this is what cricinfo says It is believed that the captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, wanted to stick with a majority of the squad that won the World Twenty20 last September. What did Dhoni prove to show he is better than Dada.
its ok to look forward to the future, but to drop guys who are scoring runs isnt the smartest move (dont just look at the last few games, but look at ganguly throughout 2007)
whats with you guys callin for SRT not to play ODI's this guy has scored so many runs lately and you wanna drop him what kinda selection is that, drop the guys that are scoring and pick new players
I meant SRT should retire from ODIs. It'll be good for him and he can concentrate on test matches only. He's the best ODI batsman in the team, and has always been.

I don't mind RD & SCG being dropped but the way it has all been done is not right. These guys have given a lot to India and deserve to go their way. I would have asked RD before the Pak series that we think you should retire. Do you want to announce your retirement from ODIs? Same should have been told to SCG. These guys deserve at least a decent farewell, i.e. they can announce their retirement (although dropped in reality) & go with head held high.