India squad for the ODI and T20 series at home vs Australia

ShebbySB

On 9/5/2017 at 5:14 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Dhawan .....in t20 why?????? he has been a failure

Jadhav hasnt been good in IPL offlately either 

Axar n krunal in same line up makes no sense, bring chahal he has been good in t20s 

Rahul has a t20 international 100 batting at 4 , he shudnt be in reserves 

That's my squad.I'd stick with it as I think form matters and Dhawan should get a look in T20s.Jadhav's game is best suited in this format.Axar and Krunal are diff players.One is a batting allrounder while other is a bowling all-rounder but ya agree with you on Chahal though that weakens the batting depth.Based on LOI form right now Rahul will do good to even get selected in the squad.I give that spot to Pandey.

ODIs  vs. Australia

1) Rohit

2) Dhawan

3) Kohli

4) Rahul / Pandey

5) Dhoni

6) Jadhav

7) Hardik

8) Axar

9) Kuldeep

10) Shami

11) Bumrah

Pandey / Rahul

Pant

Bhuvi

Chahal

--  I would play Shami in this series. Then rest him in the NZ LOI series. Then play him in SL test series. Then rest him in SL LOI series. Then fly him to SA in January for the test series.  This will keep him sufficiently rested while giving him sufficient match practice.

-- Experiments can begin again in the NZ and SL ODI series, but not in this one.

53 minutes ago, ShebbySB said:

That's my squad.I'd stick with it as I think form matters and Dhawan should get a look in T20s.Jadhav's game is best suited in this format.Axar and Krunal are diff players.One is a batting allrounder while other is a bowling all-rounder but ya agree with you on Chahal though that weakens the batting depth.Based on LOI form right now Rahul will do good to even get selected in the squad.I give that spot to Pandey.

I knw they are diff kind of all rounder but im talking about variety in bowling

Why to have 2 left arm spinner rather go for a leggie, chinamen and left armer ..........complete variety 

ODI

Not impressed by Chahal / Axar in ODIs. I know people don't like Ashwin much, but I would stick with Kuldeep and Ashwin. I think Ash can be effective with an attacking spinner like kuldy at the other end compared to partnering Jaddu.

1. Rohit
  2. Shikhar
  3. Virat
  4. Manish
  5. Kedhar
  6. MSD(WK)
  7. Hardik
  8. Ashwin
  9. Shami
  10. Kuldeep
  11. Bumrah

Subs:

12)Pant  

13)Rahul

14)Bhuvi

15)Krunal - really like him. He is not just a slogger, he can play the normal game as well and a good fielder and accurate spinner(the sample size is less as far as domestic cricket is concerned but I like the guy). 

T20

Need radical changes in our t20 team. What's the use of IPL if we are not rewarding performers?

1. Virat  Kohli
  2. Rishabh Pant (wk)
  3. Suresh Raina
  4. Rohit Sharma
  5. Kedar Jadhav
  6. Hardik Pandya
  7. Krunal Pandya
  8. Axar
  9. Bhuvi
  10. Kuldeep Yadav
  11. Bumrah

Subs:

12. K L rahul

13. Washington Sundar

14. Dinesh Karthik - Not a fan of DK, but I think he can do a fine job in t20s. 

15. Pradeep Sangwan

Edited by OpeningBatsman
10 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Not impressed by Chahal / Axar. I know people don't like Ashwin much, but I would stick with Kuldeep and Ashwin. I think Ash can be effective with an attacking spinner like kuldy at the other end compared to partnering Jaddu.

1. Rohit
  2. Shikhar
  3. Virat
  4. Manish
  5. Kedhar
  6. MSD
  7. Hardik
  8. Ashwin
  9. Shami
  10. Kuldeep
  11. Bumrah

Subs:

12)Pant  

13)Rahul

14)Bhuvi

15)Krunal - really like him. He is not just a slogger, he can play the normal game as well and a good fielder and accurate spinner(the sample size is less as far as domestic cricket is concerned but I like the guy). 

Both ashwin n jadeja has to be in scheme of things, young talent always looks exciting until after few year we call for their heads as well. These young players havent proved or earned their place.

I wnt select both of them for this series or any home series , Ashwin is playing county and jadeja can play domestic till then. At this point ist important to give these 3 players kuldeep, chahal n axar a regular go or atleast 2 of them . If they dnt work we can go back to both of them . 

About krunal i agree sample size is small but we have to start looking for an Batting all rounder who can be the 6th bowling option. A player like him is kind off a need for the team . 

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Both ashwin n jadeja has to be in scheme of things, young talent always looks exciting until after few year we call for their heads as well. These young players havent proved or earned their place.

I wnt select both of them for this series or any home series , Ashwin is playing county and jadeja can play domestic till then. At this point ist important to give these 3 players kuldeep, chahal n axar a regular go or atleast 2 of them . If they dnt work we can go back to both of them . 

About krunal i agree sample size is small but we have to start looking for an Batting all rounder who can be the 6th bowling option. A player like him is kind off a need for the team . 

Regarding Ash in county, his contract is for 4 matches, IF he doesn't get selected for OZ series. He seemed pretty confident in the interview he gave to George Dobell (cricinfo) that he is going to get selected and was just rested for SL series..

Edited by OpeningBatsman
On 9/5/2017 at 5:12 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

How much of a rest is to be given to shami, he needs to play as well 

Aus is among top teams whose batsman always do well in India in LOI , so its important to get ur best bowler . 

Yadav is an avg odi bowler we can do without him

Its better for ashwin to play county and aussies has always had a better of him in Odi so he rather be out only 

Exactly. Shami has played hardly 50 matches. I am kinda sick of all this 'rest shami' talks.

He hardly plays limited overs cricket and he is India's finest in ODIs. We missed out on his service in CT as well. He needs to play, OZ are a fine ODI team and we need him fit n firing.

If anything he should rest from IPL (not possible i know, given the money) but he is not a good t20 bowler. 

4 minutes ago, OpeningBatsman said:

Regarding Ash in county, his contract is for 4 matches, IF he doesn't get selected for OZ series. He seemed pretty confident in the interview he gave to George Dobell (cricinfo) that he is going to get selected and was just rested for SL series..

I hope he doesnt get selected, its good if he plays there as long as possible

It gives us to advantages

Ashwin game n fitness will improve

A youngster wud get chance in home condition 

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I hope he doesnt get selected, its good if he plays there as long as possible

It gives us to advantages

Ashwin game n fitness will improve

A youngster wud get chance in home condition 

Hope he gets more bowling time there,though. :p: Didn't even bowl a single over in the first innings of his second match in County.

Edited by OpeningBatsman
8 hours ago, Lannister said:

Rohit

Dhawan

Kohli

Rahul

Pandey

Pant

Hardik

Krunal

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Shami

Iyer

Shardul

Jadhav

Chahal

I know this doesn't happen. 

Manish stands out in the middle order based on form.So After Rohit,Dhawan and Kohli I'd play him at 4,MSD at 5.Clearly Kedar and Hardik are well suited for 6 and 7.Both can give u some overs with the ball specially Hardik.So no place for Rahul in the starting XI.If he plays he should open and that slot is not available right now.So I'd pick him over Rahane as a back up opener.No place for Rahane in the squad.

Edited by ShebbySB
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, ShebbySB said:

After the convincing win against the Lankans in their own backyard Aussies will be back.We need to win and win well in that series too.

This is my ODI squad:-

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli (c)

Pandey

Dhoni (Wk)

Kedar

Hardik

Axar

Kuldeep

BK (One more series after today's 5 wicket haul)

Bumrah

Reserves :- Rahul,Pant,Chahal,Siraj/Thakur.(I'd prefer Siraj over Thakur personally).

This is my T20 squad:-

Dhawan

Rohit

Kohli (c)

Kedar

Pant (Wk)

Hardik

Krunal

Axar

Kuldeep

Siraj

Bumrah 

Reserves :- Rahul,Hooda,Chahal,Thakur/Thampi.

Pant for what ?

Rohit Sharma hint ''upto 8  --all white ball Indians bats well""

Pant not fit in that category.No Krunal either.Forget about Siraj

1 hour ago, ShebbySB said:

Logic?

Well you need to perform Steady match after match than dismiss in single digit for entire tournaments Or Wayward bowling no way you get chance for international birth.Krunal was 8 hour hero.

yesterday pant did good in DT @Luknow vs weaker team 3 or 4 Stumping very rare in single innings.Yesterday Australian keeper did 3 Stumping in test at Chittagong, that was first time Australian keeper did -in last 62 years THREE STUMPING IN SINGLE TEST

Edited by Wapas