Unrelenting bowling line-up offers India fresh edge

rkt.india

39 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Really  !   .... winner of 2 World Cups vs your 1

No.1 test team for the last 1 year .... you are No. 6 or No.5

No.1 ODI team now too

The fastest bowler in the CT 17  final was Bumrah .

Fastest

Bumrah 148 k

Pandya  146 k

Amir     145 k

Bhuvi    143 k

Hasan   143 k

Junaid   139 k

http://www.bcci.tv/icc-champions-trophy-2017/match/15

what were the average speeds ?? 

Because top speed wise amir is the only bowler out all of them whi has hit 150 kph plus in all formats so thats no issue.

Yes but pakistan has over all been a far bettter team . With a far superior win loss ratio . 

1 hour ago, the don said:

what were the average speeds ?? 

Average speeds carry little meaning in ODIs and T20Is for bowlers who bowl a lot of slower balls

You need average speeds excluding slower balls .... which is not available for LOIs.

Because top speed wise amir is the only bowler out all of them whi has hit 150 kph plus in all formats so thats no issue.

You said that Indians trundle in India Pakistan matches .... so  I gave you some match speeds

Fastest balls of the last match we had and not career high speeds

What has Amir's occasional quick ball got to do with this discussion ?

Yes but pakistan has over all been a far bettter team . With a far superior win loss ratio . 

Tests --  4 series won by each

ODIs -- Wins in all 6  WC matches  by India

--  CT  2-3 with CT 17 to Pakistan

-- Asia Cup  3-2 to India

T20s -- WT20  5-0  to India with WT20 2007 win by India

-- Asia Cup 1-0 India

Pakistan has won a few more low importance bilateral ODIs when they had their best wicket-takers, Shakoor Rana and Khizaar Hyat,  in full flow   :phehe:

Edited by express bowling
26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Average speeds carry little meaning in ODIs and T20Is for bowlers who bowl a lot of slower balls

You said that Indians trundle in India Pakistan matches .... so  I gave you some match speeds

Fastest balls of the last match we had and not career high speeds

What has Amir's occasional quick ball got to do with this discussion ?

Tests --  4 series won by each

ODIs -- Wins in all 6  WC matches  by India

--  CT  2-3 with CT 17 to Pakistan

-- Asia Cup  3-2 to India

T20s -- WT20  5-0  to India with WT20 2007 win by India

-- Asia Cup 1-0 India

Pakistan has won a few more low importance bilateral ODIs when they had their best wicket-takers, Shakoor Rana and Khizaar Hyat in full flow   :phehe:

Naughty !! Someone is being very selective .

Average speeds dont matter ?? proven ability to bowl 150 plus doesnt matter? Sigh nothing matters .

Still waiting for videos of srinath bowling super duper fast on the speed guns or the opposition calling him a speed demon .

Edited by the don
19 minutes ago, the don said:

Average speeds dont matter ?? proven ability to bowl 150 plus doesnt matter? Sigh nothing matters .

Still waiting for videos of srinath bowling super duper fast on the speed guns or the opposition calling him a speed demon .

Amir does not bowl 150 anymore, he touched it in England which bowlers like Ishant also did

For Srinath, here you go

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/story/111878.html

Srinath was a genuinely fast bowler and in the period between about 1995 and March 1997 Srinath's pace was at times frightening. He was right up there with the fastest men in the game. Perhaps at times Srinath was even No 1 in the pace stakes but just how fast he was at his peak we will never know. What we do know is that following South Africa's tour of India late in 1996, India travelled to South Africa where speed guns were in operation.

Between December '96 and February '97 Srinath's speeds were timed in excess of 150kph and were comparable to those of both Allan Donald and South Africa's 'new' pace sensation Lance Klusener. Whilst Klusener's fastest ball came in at 154kph and he proved at the time to be faster than Donald, it has been brought to my attention on numerous occasions that Srinath pipped them both with one particular delivery measured at 156kph

Bowling speeds also received huge publicity in the lead-up to the 1999 World Cup when all eyes were on Shoaib Akhtar. The question was not 'who was the fastest' but 'who could come close to the Rawlpindi Express'?

Not much was known about bowling speeds at the time and some still rated McGrath and Donald fast enough to challenge Shoaib.

At the tournament's first match Srinath and McGrath went head to head once more. This time it was evident for all the world to see that Javagal Srinath was no medium pacer, but was a genuine speedster clocking up 149.6kph once again and bettering McGrath's best speed by some 9kph.

Srinath proved to be the second fastest bowler of the tournament next to Shoaib (154.5kph) while surprise pacemen Geoff Allott of New Zealand (146.5kph) and Jacques Kallis (146.4kph) left the pace of McGrath and Donald looking decidedly bland. Javagal Srinath could now lay claim to being the second fastest bowler in the world.

Edited by New guy
28 minutes ago, the don said:

Naughty !! Someone is being very selective .

Average speeds dont matter ??

Average speeds definitely matter a lot.

But that has to be average speeds of non-slower balls

In LOIs, what happens is ..... average speeds often come down due to lots os slower balls

And there is no data available for average speeds of non-slower balls for LOIs

proven ability to bowl 150 plus doesnt matter? Sigh nothing matters .

It matters a lot if done regularly .....  Amir does not do it anymore 

..... but has no relevance to the accusation that Indians trundle

Still waiting for videos of srinath bowling super duper fast on the speed guns

Speeds were not shown on TV when Srinath was at his fastest between 1995-97

Just like you can't show me videos of Waqar bowling 153 k  or Wasim 148 k 

or the opposition calling him a speed demon .

Your own Imran Khan --

" Once in an interview, 1992 World cup winning Pakistan captain Imran Khan said that after watching him bowl 150 km/h speed on Indian pitches, he considered Srinath to be the most grossly underrated bowler in the world. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javagal_Srinath

The Zimbabwe captain Alistair Campbell revealed that Srinath was recorded at 157 km/hr on 27 January 1997 in the game at Paarl between India and Zimbabwe. He said about this game: "We then moved on to our second game against India, at Boland Bank Park. In all 236 was quite a decent score, as it wasn't the easiest of pitches to bat on, and Srinath I think bowled the quickest that any of our guys had ever seen. He bowled a really quick spell early on, even quicker than Allan Donald; he was timed at 157 km/h, a good 10 km/h faster than Donald was bowling throughout the tournament. Grant Flower was hit on the thigh pad, and when he came off he said he thought he had broken his leg"

20 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Average speeds definitely matter a lot.

But that has to be average speeds of non-slower balls

In LOIs, what happens is ..... average speeds often come down due to lots os slower balls

And there is no data available for average speeds of non-slower balls for LOIs

It matters a lot if done regularly .....  Amir does not do it anymore 

..... but has no relevance to the accusation that Indians trundle

Just like you can't show me videos of Waqar bowling 153 k  or Wasim 148 k 

Your own Imran Khan --

" Once in an interview, 1992 World cup winning Pakistan captain Imran Khan said that after watching him bowl 150 km/h speed on Indian pitches, he considered Srinath to be the most grossly underrated bowler in the world. "

The Zimbabwe captain Alistair Campbell revealed that Srinath was recorded at 157 km/hr on 27 January 1997 in the game at Paarl between India and Zimbabwe. He said about this game: "We then moved on to our second game against India, at Boland Bank Park. In all 236 was quite a decent score, as it wasn't the easiest of pitches to bat on, and Srinath I think bowled the quickest that any of our guys had ever seen. He bowled a really quick spell early on, even quicker than Allan Donald; he was timed at 157 km/h, a good 10 km/h faster than Donald was bowling throughout the tournament. Grant Flower was hit on the thigh pad, and when he came off he said he thought he had broken his leg"

He did it in the asia cup and can and will surely do it again but the fact is he HAS done it several times and others in that game havent .

Okay ill forget average speeds ill even forget the occasional quick ball . So lets get something right .

Out of 170 ?? or so matches that India pakistan have played this is the only occasion an indian bowler has bowled a quicker delivery ??  Even if it has been done a couple more times how does it justify some of the bizzare claims in this thread .

Ok i agree that it is hard to find videos of srinath bowling quick or at his peak but surely you can find videos of him clearly bowling quicker than waqar or donald.

The source of your story is wikepedia . Seriously ??

Edited by the don
31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Just like you can't show me videos of Waqar bowling 153 k 

I will try and find a video of waqar clocking 90 mph plus in england in 96 because personally i have seen it so i will look for it .

Lets find one for srinath too .

3 hours ago, the don said:

He did it in the asia cup and can and will surely do it again but the fact is he HAS done it several times and others in that game havent

don ji ..... Even Umesh, Shami, Ishant and Aaron have all bowled some 150 k + balls 

But we don't consider them 150 k bowlers

We consider them to be 135 k to 148 k bowlers .... their regular speed range

Similarly,  Amir is a 135 k to 147 k bowler in LOIs and 130 k to 142 k bowler in tests

Okay ill forget average speeds ill even forget the occasional quick ball . So lets get something right .

Out of 170 ?? or so matches that India pakistan have played this is the only occasion an indian bowler has bowled a quicker delivery ??  Even if it has been done a couple more times how does it justify some of the bizzare claims in this thread .

What bizarre claims  ?

We agree that Waqar was very quick between 1989-94, quick between 1989-97  .... Shoaib was the quickest bowler ever ..... Wasim could bowl quick when he wanted to but did not do it always..

Similarly,  Srinath was very quick between 1995-97 and quick between 1991-99

Similarly, Indians have had multiple fast bowlers in the last few years, especially from 2015 WC.

We are seeing 4 or 5 Indian quicks bowling 140 k + in almost every match they play nowadays.

Ok i agree that it is hard to find videos of srinath bowling quick or at his peak but surely you can find videos of him clearly bowling quicker than waqar or donald.

We have shown you some videos of Srinath bowling quick .... relative speeds are not easy to spot on videos

The source of your story is wikepedia . Seriously ??

What do you want .... a live video-call from  Imran Khan   !    While you provide source-less quotes of Lara     :phehe:

23 minutes ago, the don said:

I will try and find a video of waqar clocking 90 mph plus in england in 96 because personally i have seen it so i will look for it .

Lets find one for srinath too .

I showed you the newspaper article of Srinath clocking 93mph in 99, after his shoulder injury, and being the 2nd fastest in the tournament behind Shoaib, not enough? Selective data for you? Lolz, we have actually showed you more than enough data, which you havent shown anything reliable.

Just because the players dont openly say that Imran, Waqar, Wasim were cheaters, bottle cap users and dishonest, they stilll know it within. And them not saying anything doesnt mean that Imran, Waqar and Wasim were not cheaters!

31 minutes ago, express bowling said:

don ji ..... Even Umesh, Shami, Ishant and Aaron have all bowled some 150 k + balls 

But we don't consider them 150 k bowlers

We consider them to be 135 k to 148 k bowlers .... their regular speed range

Similarly,  Amir is a 135 k to 147 k bowler in LOIs and 130 k to 142 k bowler in tests

What bizarre claims  ?

We agree that Waqar was very quick between 1989-94, quick between 1989-97  .... Shoaib was the quickest bowler ever ..... Wasim could bowl quick when he wanted to.

Similarly,  Srinath was very quick between 1995-97 and quick between 1991-99

Similarly, Indians have had multiple fast bowlers in the last few years, especially from 2015 WC.

We are seeing 4 or 5 Indian quicks bowling 140 k + in almost every match they play nowadays.

We have shown you some videos of Srinath bowling quick .... relative speeds are not easy to spot on videos

What do you want .... a live video-call of Imran Khan   !    While you provide source-less quotes of Lara     :phehe:

Now this i can agree with partly because it makes sense and partly because i am sure this discussion will go elsewhere soon when someone not as well behaved as you sees my  replies.