Talent watch

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

156 kpmh is 96 mph. There were reports (not reliable though) that Srinu also achieved this speed 1-2 times.

Yes there r reports Srinath touched 156 I think in SAfrica, wish there were speed guns in those days n he would've been more confident in his abilities and could've been better, Srinath lacked a bit on the mental side, he had everything but kept bowling very short for 60% of his career

7 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Yes there r reports Srinath touched 156 I think in SAfrica, wish there were speed guns in those days n he would've been more confident in his abilities and could've been better, Srinath lacked a bit on the mental side, he had everything but kept bowling very short for 60% of his career

He lacked two things. Firstly, he lacked the fast bowler's temperament. Secondly, he lacked a proper awareness of what length to bowl (although his line was quite good)

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

He lacked two things. Firstly, he lacked the fast bowler's temperament. Secondly, he lacked a proper awareness of what length to bowl (although his line was quite good)

This is where I have high hopes from Shami, Bhuvi as they have matured in a shorter time n have the skills and even pace to trouble the best.

Even Umesh has matured quicker then Srinath, but the Srinath was ground to dust under Sachins captaincy who made a strike Bowler bowl overs like a stock bowler, also since we did not have too many options n selectors did not wanna look at other promising pacers like Zaidi n S Bagal but loved useless Trundlers like Mhambrey, Ganesh who were n embarrassment.

12 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

This is where I have high hopes from Shami, Bhuvi as they have matured in a shorter time n have the skills and even pace to trouble the best.

Even Umesh has matured quicker then Srinath, but the Srinath was ground to dust under Sachins captaincy who made a strike Bowler bowl overs like a stock bowler, also since we did not have too many options n selectors did not wanna look at other promising pacers like Zaidi n S Bagal but loved useless Trundlers like Mhambrey, Ganesh who were n embarrassment.

I agree, but if Sri was properly nurtured I believe he had more talent than all the current Indian pacers (who are all very good already). Mind you, I''m just talking about the max. potential, and not what he realized.

Edited by Vijy
18 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I agree, but if Sri was properly nurtured I believe he had more talent than all the current Indian pacers (who are all very good already). Mind you, I''m just talking about the max. potential, and not what he realized.

It's not about nurturing, it's nous, some guys have it, take Kapil he had no one to guide, no pace bowler with him to form an attack, mindset was poor regards to pacers but he succeeded.

When Srinath arrived he had Mrf, Lilee, T Shekhar, Kapil, so there was some guidance n nurturing, it was just his mental limitations n belief which held him back.

Edited by MCcricket

Two batters I am super impressed with Prithvi Shaw, Sarfaraz Khan, these guys should be playing in A teams, Prithvi looks very talented and has scored big, has skills n can survive at higher levels ,worth investing, Sarfaraz for me is ready and should be in team for ODI n t20 ahead of guys like Rahane easily.

15 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

It's not about nurturing, it's nous, some guys have it, take Kapil he had no one to guide, no pace bowler with him to form an attack, mindset was poor regards to pacers but he succeeded.

When Srinath arrived he had Mrf, Lilee, T Shekhar, Kapil, so there was some guidance n nurturing, it was just his mental limitations n belief which held him back.

yes, he didn't have the nous but I think he could also have done with better guidance from someone in the team. I don't think Kapil helped; if anything he hindered his entry. In addition to the two W's intrinsic talent and nous, I think they were mentored well by Imran.

10 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Two batters I am super impressed with Prithvi Shaw, Sarfaraz Khan, these guys should be playing in A teams, Prithvi looks very talented and has scored big, has skills n can survive at higher levels ,worth investing, Sarfaraz for me is ready and should be in team for ODI n t20 ahead of guys like Rahane easily.

Sarfaraz played a very impressive U-19 knock on a spicy pitch against WI in the final, but apart from that he seems like a short format player to me. Moreover, he has serious fitness and attitude issues at this young age. Shaw is maturing well, and could be the next Sehwag-esque fast scoring opener.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

Sarfaraz played a very impressive U-19 knock on a spicy pitch against WI in the final, but apart from that he seems like a short format player to me. Moreover, he has serious fitness and attitude issues at this young age. Shaw is maturing well, and could be the next Sehwag-esque fast scoring opener.

Yes I have heard about Kapil not wanting a fast bowler in the team, dunno how true, Sarfaraz has been coached and playing cricket at a very young age, fitness issues n attitude talks seem media created, he is a committed cricketer, also his IPL teammates have vouched for his commitment and talent, he is much fitter n leaner now, think he might be India's best batter in days to come, same with Shaw.

13 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Yes I have heard about Kapil not wanting a fast bowler in the team, dunno how true, Sarfaraz has been coached and playing cricket at a very young age, fitness issues n attitude talks seem media created, he is a committed cricketer, also his IPL teammates have vouched for his commitment and talent, he is much fitter n leaner now, think he might be India's best batter in days to come, same with Shaw.

heard something similiar regd kapil. wrt sarfaraz, good to know he's fitter,etc if it's true. however, i'm not yet sold on his future test credentials. it's also a pity he gave up bowling since he was handy in his earlier u-19 days.

44 minutes ago, Vijy said:

heard something similiar regd kapil. wrt sarfaraz, good to know he's fitter,etc if it's true. however, i'm not yet sold on his future test credentials. it's also a pity he gave up bowling since he was handy in his earlier u-19 days.

Have u read somewhere regards to his bowling, it's a captains prerogative to bowl him, n I don't think he has given up,at this young age when he can boss the game n make guys like Gayle look his equal says a lot about his talent, his hand eye coordination n game style shows he will be a run maker, regardless of the format, I have seen Virat, Sachin ,Kambli all from their u19 days and this guy look better then them so it says alot.

2 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Have u read somewhere regards to his bowling, it's a captains prerogative to bowl him, n I don't think he has given up,at this young age when he can boss the game n make guys like Gayle look his equal says a lot about his talent, his hand eye coordination n game style shows he will be a run maker, regardless of the format, I have seen Virat, Sachin ,Kambli all from their u19 days and this guy look better then them so it says alot.

certainly looks better than Rat-man at the same age, but not Tendu or Kambli; sometimes people forget how good Kambli was before he threw it all away. Sarfraz reminds me in style of peak Pappu (Aravinda de Silva), like that semifinal against us on a difficult pitch.

5 minutes ago, Vijy said:

certainly looks better than Rat-man at the same age, but not Tendu or Kambli; sometimes people forget how good Kambli was before he threw it all away. Sarfraz reminds me in style of peak Pappu (Aravinda de Silva), like that semifinal against us on a difficult pitch.

The audaciousness of his stroke play at 17 against world class bowling, I haven't see that from anyone in my life before this, n I have seen quite a lot of Sachin, n Kambli, from n after Sharda ashram days, Kambli was weak against short pitched n fast bowling also his stance was wxplosing his leg stump, once bowlers sorted him out he couldn't get past those things , yes Aravinda, Miandad those kind of scrappers, even Shaw looked fantastic with his technique, game, strokes and overall batting.

2 hours ago, MCcricket said:

The audaciousness of his stroke play at 17 against world class bowling, I haven't see that from anyone in my life before this, n I have seen quite a lot of Sachin, n Kambli, from n after Sharda ashram days, Kambli was weak against short pitched n fast bowling also his stance was wxplosing his leg stump, once bowlers sorted him out he couldn't get past those things , yes Aravinda, Miandad those kind of scrappers, even Shaw looked fantastic with his technique, game, strokes and overall batting.

Technique-wise I think Tendu was better than Shaw and Sarfaraz , but in terms of shot making skills, I think the latter duo were better at the same age.

Quite a few guys to look at for me.

Aaron

Nathu

K Ahmed

Aniket C

Ankit Rajpoot

Khejroliya

Sangwan when he figures in the squad

Saini

Warrier

Thampi

Siraj

S Gopal

Vijay Shankar

D Hooda

Mayank A

Nitish Rana

Prashant Chopra

Sarfaraz when he is in

Shaw

Chama Milind

Siraj

Other u19 players who will be playing 

Pant

Ishan Kishan

Hope selectors form a younger core group for T20 n slowly phase away guys from ODI too, Dhoni needs to go asap.

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Sangwan had shoulder surgery, will miss most of the season.

He did bulk up quite a bit in the last few years, especially relative to his build when he first burst onto the scene.  When you put on that much mass on a frame not pre-disposed to it, coupled with a fast bowler's workload - its a bit expected.   

That's why pace bowlers should try and avoid putting on bulk.  Don't follow Akhtar's path.  Look at the great windies bowlers of the past, or Brett Lee. or Mitch Johnson.   Lean, wiry, hard dudes.   Not inflated bulky buffaloes.