Dhoni needs to follow Nehra

putrevus

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

what extended time.  It is not like he was bowling 90 mph like Umesh and Shami does.  He was a 135 kph bowler and would go down to 125 if he had to bowl many overs in tests. He always lacked fitness and stamina.  Only in his 30s, he started working on his fitness. He barely played much for India when he was young as he was always injured.

Talking about bowlers in T20s Ajit Agarkar was hitting 140ks till his last tournament in one of the champions league...likes of Brad Hogg and Tambe are still playing...Wasn't Nannes pretty old too and when he was hitting 150ks too?

Anyways Nehra coming back by working on his fitness is commendable only by his standards...4 overs full throttle in T20 game is way easier even then he got injured this IPL.I don't get why people keep praising Nehra for his comeback...his slot could have easily gone to a younger bowler who could have developed by now.yeah had he played domestics and worked his way back that would have been great..but I don't think Nehra deserved his 2nd run in the first place...he did good only by his standards.

Edited by maniac
53 minutes ago, maniac said:

Talking about bowlers in T20s Ajit Agarkar was hitting 140ks till his last tournament in one of the champions league...likes of Brad Hogg and Tambe are still playing...Wasn't Nannes pretty old too and when he was hitting 150ks too?

Anyways Nehra coming back by working on his fitness is commendable only by his standards...4 overs full throttle in T20 game is way easier even then he got injured this IPL.I don't get why people keep praising Nehra for his comeback...his slot could have easily gone to a younger bowler who could have developed by now.yeah had he played domestics and worked his way back that would have been great..but I don't think Nehra deserved his 2nd run in the first place...he did good only by his standards.

this is like glorifying the past.

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

what extended time.  It is not like he was bowling 90 mph like Umesh and Shami does.  He was a 135 kph bowler and would go down to 125 if he had to bowl many overs in tests. He always lacked fitness and stamina.  Only in his 30s, he started working on his fitness. He barely played much for India when he was young as he was always injured.

He had a 15 year carrier. Couple that playing ranji for Delhi and the work load is too much for his body. I think his ankle was an issue as that is a major stress point. Proper resting andd handling could have cut down on his injuries.

47 minutes ago, Khota said:

He had a 15 year carrier. Couple that playing ranji for Delhi and the work load is too much for his body. I think his ankle was an issue as that is a major stress point. Proper resting andd handling could have cut down on his injuries.

he debuted for India in 1999, so, 18 year career but he has not played much due to injuries. Zaheer has played more than him despite having smaller career. Where is the question of resting when he did not even play much. he played 17 tests in 18 years, 120 ODIs that is less than 7 ODIs a year.  Just 90 FC macthes

11 hours ago, rkt.india said:

he debuted for India in 1999, so, 18 year career but he has not played much due to injuries. Zaheer has played more than him despite having smaller career. Where is the question of resting when he did not even play much. he played 17 tests in 18 years, 120 ODIs that is less than 7 ODIs a year.  Just 90 FC macthes

He had another 300 first class/list A games. Include that with Delhi summer leagues and the numbers add up. He bowled a lot but his ankle was the problem.His fist 3 to 4 years could have been stretched to 8 with proper management.