Indian all-rounders nowadays - playing for India and upcoming ones

On 10/16/2017 at 1:46 PM, Khota said:

It is hard to find all rounders. Odds of finding a spin/batting combo is higher than pace/batting. In last 50 years India had only one genuine aall rounder so why waste time on something that is just not there.

mankad was a genuine allrounder, although he was 60 yrs ago and not 50.

6 hours ago, Vijy said:

yes, most of us have only seen kapil (live or videos)

I saw him live. He was as impressive as they get. His build was that of a fast bowler. That is why I am not sold on Pandya as I think he will breakdown sooner rather than later.

I know I get ridiculed for this but looking for allrounder and if one comes along every fifty years is very low yield.

6 hours ago, Khota said:

I saw him live. He was as impressive as they get. His build was that of a fast bowler. That is why I am not sold on Pandya as I think he will breakdown sooner rather than later.

I know I get ridiculed for this but looking for allrounder and if one comes along every fifty years is very low yield.

genuine allrounders are extremely rare for most countries. In Tests, Pak has also had only one (since Razzaq, Hafeez, etc don't count). Oz has just had one since WW-II (Miller), WI had one (Sobers). Eng had just two (Greig and Botham).

Edited by Vijy
1 hour ago, Vijy said:

genuine allrounders are extremely rare for most countries. In Tests, Pak has also had only one (since Razzaq, Hafeez, etc don't count). Oz has just had one since WW-II (Miller), WI had none. Eng had just two (Greig and Botham).

Agreed. tell that to people on this forum and they will come after you.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:44 AM, express bowling said:

Jalaj Saxena 

79  and 105*

8   +  2  =  10 wickets 

saxena is on the older side, but he seems to me (over the past 2-3 seasons alone; not earlier) that he's one of the few domestic allrounders in India who bats in the top 6 and functions as a front-line bowler (rasool was another, but he's fading away)

On 10/25/2017 at 12:17 PM, Vijy said:

genuine allrounders are extremely rare for most countries. In Tests, Pak has also had only one (since Razzaq, Hafeez, etc don't count). Oz has just had one since WW-II (Miller), WI had one (Sobers). Eng had just two (Greig and Botham).

Greig does not count, more of a taller Ganguly class of bowler. His pace also would be the same as Gangs.