Fastest bowlers from India, Top 10 list

Yantra

Does any one have info on BCCI pacer hunt, any good bowlers among the aspirants,teams like Bengal, U.P, Punjab, Delhi, Kerala, Hyderabad,Jahrkhand, Haryana seem to have a good bowling attack for the coming season.I hope we will be able to see more games and this season is more competitive.

watch videos of 1996 England tour. Srinath was certainly as quick as Yadav and Ishant if not more.
I have not seen many Indian fast bowlers apart from Ishant bowl like this.
I said he is not quicker than yadav ,yadav consistently bowls quick .
Srinath in his pomp was quicker than Yadav. They may be equal through the air' date=' but Sinath had tha ball coming off the pitch very quickly, which hurried batsmen more.[/quote'] Yadav is not in his pomp yet, but in next 2 years if he stays fit.
I said he is not quicker than yadav ' date='yadav consistently bowls quick .[/quote'] Srinath was consistently quick before his shoulder injury. He played very few matches at his fastest being because of Kapil and Prabhakar, he did not have a regular place in the team as we played mostly at home before 1996 and he would only come into the picture abroad which we played very less at that time.
Srinath was consistently quick before his shoulder injury. He played very few matches at his fastest being because of Kapil and Prabhakar' date=' he did not have a regular place in the team as we played mostly at home before 1996 and he would only come into the picture abroad which we played very less at that time.[/quote'] Srinath played each of the 5 tests in Aus, 1 test in Zim, and 4 in SA, all the 10 tests we played after he made his debut. His stats for those matches 25 wickets@40 Kapil paaji also played each of those tests, his stats? 32 wickets@29 Prabhakar also played all those tests, taking 30 wickets@35 I don't know on what basis this assumption is made that Kapil paaji was blocking Srinath's career. Srinath did not play at home matches because he was not bowling better than Kapil and Prabhakar simple as that.
Srinath played each of the 5 tests in Aus, 1 test in Zim, and 4 in SA, all the 10 tests we played after he made his debut. His stats for those matches 25 wickets@40 Kapil paaji also played each of those tests, his stats? 32 wickets@29 Prabhakar also played all those tests, taking 30 wickets@35 I don't know on what basis this assumption is made that Kapil paaji was blocking Srinath's career. Srinath did not play at home matches because he was not bowling better than Kapil and Prabhakar simple as that.
I didnt say he bowled better than Kapil or not, neither I sad he was blocking Srinath. My point was he did not play as many test as he should have earlier in his career because he played debut test at home very late I think in 1994. I Just said he did not play home test matches because Kapil and Prabhakar were there and he had to wait for his chances. Read what I wrote above. I had written he used to only play matches abroad when we used to play 3 seamers. BTW, Srinath has better record at home and than away. Who knows he would have had done better at home in that period.
This debate about whether Sreesanth bowled 150kph is just what is wrong with ICF at some times. A fan of Sreesanth notes that Sreesanth can bowl 150kph and then people dispute whether it is true or not. The fact is that he does not often bowl that speed (whatever the reason is irrelevant!) and doing so does not grant him success. In short, the important thing is the speed that a bowler bowls the majority of the time, not his top speed and secondly, it all doesn't matter if the bowler is terribly inconsistent. I bet Indian fans would kill for a Devon Malcolm - I'm far happier with an Angus Fraser.
Sreesanth is simply not fit enough nowadays,When he was fit he has bowled whole day 135-142 in tests,even in third spell .People would prefer devon malcom or a fast bowler as when he turned up eh could win the match single handedly but guys vinay kumar,praveen kumar ,would never do so and your mentality is sad to hear.

its a TRUTH that KAPIL extended his career by atleast 1 Year and he shud have retired 1 year before. Srinath was always a faster bowler than Kapil as Srinath was a fast bowler while KApil was a medium pace bowler and a batsman probably the only Genuine pace bowling All rounder India Produced. But as a bowler if I have to choose 1 guy and both r fit and at peak of prowess- Srinath wud be my choice......Yes Kapil and even prabhakar blocked Srinath"s placE for 1 year

Again Top speed of Srinath could also be close to 147 or 149 some times but Yadav has the strength to bowl 150K when ever he wants to at whatever pitch-indian or foreign..... So I say Yadav is FASTER as he has a VERY STRONG SHOULDER and he can generate a 148 to 150k ball at his will quite like Brett LEe , shoiab akhtar , sshaun Tait... Sree cud once in a blue moom bowl that fast.....

Again Top speed of Srinath could also be close to 147 or 149 some times but Yadav has the strength to bowl 150K when ever he wants to at whatever pitch-indian or foreign..... So I say Yadav is FASTER as he has a VERY STRONG SHOULDER and he can generate a 148 to 150k ball at his will quite like Brett LEe , shoiab akhtar , sshaun Tait... Sree cud once in a blue moom bowl that fast.....
:finger: Lee, Akthar and Tait rather produced that 160k ball.
and thats only difference between them and him regarding pace
i think Lee and to a lesser extent Tait bowled very fast, ranging in high to mid 140s ( 148 avg) peaking at 150 plus. Akthar used to bowl 135-140 peaking at 150+ Yadav bowls at 145 peaking at 150. On an average you can say Lee was fastest followed by Tait, not much to separate Yadav from Akthar..but it remains to be seen if Yadav can sustain it. Its a given that Yadav can probably never touch Akthar or Taits peak effort balls.
Myth.
Srinath used to own English top order so much that they never competed with India much during his time. He was genuinely quick till the south africa series (99 ?) where he was rated quicker than Donald, he ended up with rotor cuff injury and dropped pace. But he was hitting 142ks in WC 2003 ( when speedometers were introduced when Zak and Nehra peaked at 148-149) His fastest recorded is 156k (in Zim ?).