Too much soft cricket

31 minutes ago, bhakum20 said:

For example, India should be touring NZ way more often than it does, but that will never happen. Just not enough money there.

India do not earn money when they tour. Every team earns money when they play home. So that is not the reason to not tour NZ often.

16 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

India do not earn money when they tour. Every team earns money when they play home. So that is not the reason to not tour NZ often.

well clearly NZ don't earn enough at home, that's why they don't invite us that often. So as I said, not enough money. If BCCI wanted to improve their away performance, they could share revenue with NZ to encourage playing more matches there.

There just aren't enough test fans today to demand more away tours. It's a spectator sport after all, if there's no demand, why will the boards waste their time/money to organize these matches.

2 hours ago, King Tendulkar said:

Spoke to soon . Sri Lanka showing some quality 

Sir. You are as passionate a cricket fan as any on this board. You would know, that playing lower grade of cricket tends to diminish the quality of stronger team than enhance it. 

I reckon Indian team regressed after that brilliant win against England. They are not battle hardened. 

2 hours ago, bhakum20 said:

well clearly NZ don't earn enough at home, that's why they don't invite us that often. So as I said, not enough money. If BCCI wanted to improve their away performance, they could share revenue with NZ to encourage playing more matches there.

There just aren't enough test fans today to demand more away tours. It's a spectator sport after all, if there's no demand, why will the boards waste their time/money to organize these matches.

Tours happen according to FTP made by ICC. And you are wrong, every team earns when India tour there whether it is NZ or Zimbabwe. BCCI's priority bus Aus and England and NZ and play 4-5 tests there.

Edited by rkt.india
48 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Sir. You are as passionate a cricket fan as any on this board. You would know, that playing lower grade of cricket tends to diminish the quality of stronger team than enhance it. 

I reckon Indian team regressed after that brilliant win against England. They are not battle hardened. 

Board made shocking decision to have this series . Said that many times . Not just cos Sri Lanka average but we need to be preparing for sa tour 

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

There is little doubt that India have gained little from this series. Sri Lanka have moved forward. 

If anything, SA should feel very confident looking at this No 1 Indian side. 

Well if they want to feel confident after watching a odi, then hope they dish out green mambas. More props to them. :nice:

Just now, Shaz1 said:

India is not a bad side. They are a superior team in the all facets of there game. There batsmen, bowlers, and fielders are all trained scientifically to succeed in this sport. No other team can beat them when they are at there best. The gulf between India and other teams is huge. I am sure nearly every team wants to beat India. Because they are the best of the best. 

latest?cb=20150610022211

What I meant by soft cricket. By SA standards, this is as flat as it gets. I think it will be very difficult to dislodge Indian batsmen on this pitch. But when you keep playing poor teams like SL home and away as prep for tough tour, you are not battle hardened enough to apply yourself. Two crucial wickets just thrown when a 450 is absolutely gettable. 

Based on the series so far,I firmly believe India had the team to win but didn’t have the intent. And that shows in preparation.