Will western teams look to avoid playing in North India in the Winter

G_B_

10 minutes ago, adi B said:

Fsk has been a fortress for India and almost assures a 100% win in tests but seeing the pollution levels it's better if we ban cricket or other sports here in winters till things get better (don't think it wjll)

It will remain a fortress, we just have to use it more judiciously like August-September (NZ and SA visit) or March (Aus visit). England will tour here in Nov-Dec so we can rule out FSK against them. 

Edited by Gollum

One thing is sure here that our image has deteriorated due to this. I am researching in emissions from diesel engines and my lab has speciality in air quality. Today my supervisor asked me, you know there was a match in India which got interrupted due pollution and bad atmosphere. This is coming from a Serbian guy working in Australia (potentially having zero interest in cricket). Now, if someones having no interest in cricket comes to know this situation, you can imagine how rest of people will think of this.

This would not harm our cricket because BCCI has too much money and they will convince other teams to travel and schedule matches in better places, but on a political front, one should ask Delhi Govt that what are their plans for next year? I take that this year is done and dusted. Although, it should not have been so because situation was same last year and they should been prepared this time, but this 'Chalta hai' attitude is ruining the life of people in Delhi and neaby areas. Only thing these parties are doing is that mocking opposite govt whether they are doing something or not be it BJP or AAP or Congress. Nothing is being done on ground level. 

For the time being, just ban the single person car travellers. See how situation will improve in just two weeks. Banning crackers for a day (Diwali) is not a permanent solution. 

Edited by puneet28