Procter took Australians' word in Harbhajan hearing - Cricinfo!

Procter took Australians' word in Harbhajan hearing It has been revealed that Mike Procter, the match referee who found Harbhajan Singh guilty of calling Andrew Symonds a "monkey" during the Sydney Test, relied on the evidence of four Australian players in reaching his decision. In a leaked copy of his report on the hearing, Procter says: "I have heard evidence from Andrew Symonds, Michael Clarke and Mathew Hayden that he did say these words. Harbhajan Singh denies saying these words. Both umpires did not hear nor did Ricky Ponting or Sachin Tendulkar. I am satisfied and sure beyond reasonable doubt that Harbhajan Singh did say these words. "I am satisfied that the words were said and that the complaint to the umpires, which forms this charge, would not have been put forward falsely, I dismiss any suggestion of motive or malice." Among those present at the hearing, held after the Sydney Test ended on January 6, was Sachin Tendulkar, the other Indian batsman at the crease. Procter says Tendulkar only "tried to calm things down" after the incident occurred. "It was submitted to me by Chetan Chauhan [the Indian team manager] that there was doubt because the umpires and other players did not hear the words but, in my judgment, they would not have been in a position to hear them," Procter says. "I note that Sachin Tendulkar only became involved when he realised that something was happening and was gestured over. He tried to calm things down because something had happened that he did not hear." The second issue he had to consider; Procter said, was whether Harbhajan used the words with the intention of insulting or offending him. "I am sure beyond reasonable doubt that the use of the word "monkey" or "big monkey" was said to insult or offend Andrew Symonds on the basis of his race, colour or ethnic origin."
Great piece of judgment from procter!
In a leaked copy of his report on the hearing, Procter says: "I have heard evidence from Andrew Symonds, Michael Clarke and Mathew Hayden that he did say these words. Harbhajan Singh denies saying these words. Both umpires did not hear nor did Ricky Ponting or Sachin Tendulkar. I am satisfied and sure beyond reasonable doubt that Harbhajan Singh did say these words.
Here goes the Aussie witness list:
Five Australian players _ Michael Clarke, Ricky Ponting, Matthew Hayden, Adam Gilchrist and Symonds _ gave evidence from 7.30pm while India had Sachin Tendulkar and Harbhajan meet with match referee Mike Procter. [The Daily telegraph]
So two of their own witnesses [Ricky pointing & Adam Gilchrist] weren't aware of such comment from Bhajji. So what was Gilly doing as a witness? We could accept Ricky's presence in the position of a captain, but what was Gilly doing there if he can't testify? Was it to pressurize Procter? And what has he heard to be satisfied beyond any reasonable doubt? - two of the aussie witnesses turning hostile?
"I am satisfied that the words were said and that the complaint to the umpires, which forms this charge, would not have been put forward falsely, I dismiss any suggestion of motive or malice."
So in simple terms the matter was decided at the very moment, the complaint was lodged. What else can be implied from Procters words that this complaint wouldn't have been put forward falsely?
"It was submitted to me by Chetan Chauhan [the Indian team manager] that there was doubt because the umpires and other players did not hear the words but, in my judgment, they would not have been in a position to hear them," Procter says. "I note that Sachin Tendulkar only became involved when he realised that something was happening and was gestured over. He tried to calm things down because something had happened that he did not hear."
So what? If they were not in a position to hear it - Harbajan should have said what he is accused off?! Utter Nonsense! Secondly talking about their positions to hear things, If one [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qwiFM8I8gQ]sees the video[/ame], it can be seen Clarke just passes by behind Bhajji, to the other side of the pitch [possibly to his fielding position], even before the chat started. So how was he in a position to hear anything? Sachin though he came late in the frame seems to have been near to Bhajji, and he has claimed clearly that Bhajii never said the word. Gavaskar was correct in his comments abt procter. But the spineless and white appeasing ICC finds it fitting to take action against some one who points out the obvious nonsense procter has done rather than taking action on procter!

What ever this jokers from ICC say ,ICC has always been ruled by white , no matter how much power BCCI has, This kind of thing shows the bias Bas***S LIKE Mike proctor show towards white people. He was also the culprit in Inzi's case against hair and also Rashid latif , then why was nobody in Aussies baned for claiming catches from grass.

What ever this jokers from ICC say ,ICC has always been ruled by white , no matter how much power BCCI has, This kind of thing shows the bias Bas***S LIKE Mike proctor show towards white people. He was also the culprit in Inzi's case against hair and also Rashid latif , then why was nobody in Aussies baned for claiming catches from grass.
blah blah blah, we not white so well complain about everything and anything... maybe if the indians took the hearing seriously and prepared, didnt have their chief muppet making statemtents and actually question witnesses they might have got a better result.... notice how they have prepared this time? it may make all the difference.....but it might help to lose the attaitude, "we're india, you must rule in our favour" as for bhajji, the guy is a complete p ussy

:haha: the last person to shoot his mouth off like that was graeme smith, we sent him home with his tail between his legs too anyway, i love bhajji's bowling average, 53.....:giggle: i guess since he can't let his bowling do the talking he has to let his mouth do it....:hysterical: applause for his batting though, you have to be fair

blah blah blah, we not white so well complain about everything and anything... maybe if the indians took the hearing seriously and prepared, didnt have their chief muppet making statemtents and actually question witnesses they might have got a better result.... notice how they have prepared this time? it may make all the difference.....but it might help to lose the attaitude, "we're india, you must rule in our favour" as for bhajji, the guy is a complete p ussy
How the F**k did u know India was under prepared? Where u present at the hearing? - If not STFU!
:haha: the last person to shoot his mouth off like that was graeme smith, we sent him home with his tail between his legs too anyway, i love bhajji's bowling average, 53.....:giggle: i guess since he can't let his bowling do the talking he has to let his mouth do it....:hysterical: applause for his batting though, you have to be fair
Show some respect. This is the same guy who has made your best batsman his bunny.:yay: Ponting long back once said that he found it difficult to understand Bhajji's deliveries. Now he has become too shameless to even say that. And whats a p ussy? Its those guys who are just cant play simple cricket and get into wrog allegations. That gys Symonds is just taking advantage of his skin color and accusing Bhajji of racism. Its like a shameless woman accusing her ex falsely of rape to settle scores. To what level this guy can fall?