Day 1 Pace Bowler Performance 135/1 - Slap in the face for Kohli who dropped India's best pacer

Texan

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

On the second day struggled, 2nd innings, he struggled. He couldn't take early wickets. It was Pandya who picked Elgar and Markram. SA were 65/2. If bowling tight line is the criteria then even Ishant didn't struggle today.

Ya, he should be taking wickets every over. Otherwise, he is struggling.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

On the second day struggled, 2nd innings, he struggled. He couldn't take early wickets. It was Pandya who picked Elgar and Markram. SA were 65/2. If bowling tight line is the criteria then even Ishant didn't struggle today.

When did I say Ishant struggled today? was the pick of the pacers.

Second day of 1st test - all 3 Indian pacers struggled (best conditions for batting). Overall second innings, I would not say Bhuvi struggled. So yes, I do not agree with your statement that 'Bhuvi struggled in 2nd innings'. Stop making up things to prove your point.

3 minutes ago, Texan said:

Ya, he should be taking wickets every over. Otherwise, he is struggling.

Today pitch was far flatter than even that 2nd day with less pace and bounce in the pitch. So, you can assume his effectiveness. This wass more like 3rd-4th day SA pitch and not first day pitch. Still i agree he should have played. If Kohli wanted Ishant for his extra bounce, He should have dropped Shami.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Did you watch game? Ashwin actually bowled badly. He got turned from first over itself but He had no control. Ball was turning big from outside off but he kept bowling short outside off and then resorted middle and leg defensive line. Lyon would eat them on this pitch.

Ball was turning big? 

Lol ok.

One short ball that turned big doesn't count. Yes, Ashwin could have bowled better but this is no raging turner by any means.

The thing that makes bouncy turners hard is that spinners find it hard to hit good length. What is good length on another pitch is a half tracker sitting up to be hit here.

Plus if you notice many of the outside off stump balls that were slapped for four on the backfoot, they didn't turn back in like they would on real turners.

2 minutes ago, Samcric said:

When did I say Ishant struggled today? was the pick of the pacers.

Second day of 1st test - all 3 Indian pacers struggled (best conditions for batting). Overall second innings, I would not say Bhuvi struggled. So yes, I do not agree with your statement that 'Bhuvi struggled in 2nd innings'. Stop making up things to prove your point.

He couldn't pick wickets in at the end of day and looked completely ineffective, that is struggle. If people can say Bumrah, Ishant struggled today. Same way he too struggled then. Can't have different criteria for different players. Bumrah bowled really well today at times

That ABDV was more credit to his bowling than Ishant. AB was really stuck against him previous over which led to his dismissal against Ishant.

3 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

Ball was turning big? 

Lol ok.

One short ball that turned big doesn't count. Yes, Ashwin could have bowled better but this is no raging turner by any means.

The thing that makes bouncy turners hard is that spinners find it hard to hit good length. What is good length on another pitch is a half tracker sitting up to be hit here.

Plus if you notice many of the outside off stump balls that were slapped for four on the backfoot, they didn't turn back in like they would on real turners.

Those outside off balls were half trackers. Ball turned from good length outside off. He didn't hit that regularly.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

He couldn't pick wickets in at the end of day and looked completely ineffective, that is struggle. If people can say Bumrah, Ishant struggled today. Same way he too struggled then. Can't have different criteria for different players. Bumrah bowled really well today at times

That ABDV was more credit to his bowling than Ishant. AB was really stuck against him previous over which led to his dismissal against Ishant.

The one thing you can do even on the flattest of pitches is to bowl in good areas and restrict run-flow. Your strike rate may go up but you can still come back with a good average. To me, Ishant managed to do that today. Going at 2 rpo per over for 16 overs creates pressure and make the difference between 260/6 or 300/6. Struggling is when you can neither take wickets nor create pressure by restricting runflow. Bumrah was a little inconsistent but will learn with time. Shami did struggle today but I think he is playing with an injury.

Again, the only point I am debating is your saying that Bhuvi struggled in 2nd innings of 1st test. 2 Wickets for 33 runs is NOT a 'struggle'.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Bhuvi isn't ba mental midget like Yadav to lose confidence after a poor decision from the captain. Regarding the pitch, there is barely anything for pacers. Very disappointing pitch. No Pace or bounce. Very sluggish. It's a spinners deck. If we had Jaddu, i was confident of winning this game.

We will see when SA bowls.

8 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Those outside off balls were half trackers. Ball turned from good length outside off. He didn't hit that regularly.

I am not sure of that. I would have noticed if there was significant turn on offer from there. 

I definitely remember a few good length balls outside off stump not turning much.

If it were turning big, Ash could have put fielders on deep and kept trying it and succeeded even by being inaccurate. 

Problem was that there wasn't enough turn there but bowling there could trouble bats but Ash wasn't consistent enough to get it right.