Those who wanted Vijay/rahul over Dhawan - Time to eat a crow

Khota

3 minutes ago, Khota said:

I have never seen these three score more runs than Dravid. So how can you make that statement.

Look there is nothing I can do to convince you because you refuse to see the writing on the wall.

Dhawan currently is the second best for India. He outscore Vijay. That is all I have to say. Even if it is by one run he outscored him.

again ill repeat explain me their overseas failure, dnt bullshit me 

explain me their overseas failure. 

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ur dellusional n dellusional 

check the scorecard of the match . 

About vijay vs dhawan- let 1st dhawan do something overseas. 

bhuvi scored 25 in one innings n ashwin 37

and my question remains 

which u have no answers? it seems 

Anything I say will not please you. Your mind is made up.

Do you think scoring runs at the top are same as at the end of the innings. If you do you need to ban yourself for a week(just kidding you are a good poster).

Do you really think what happened few years back has a bearing on what is going on right now?

Currently Dhawan >>>>>>>Vijay or Rahul

3 hours ago, Khota said:

Anything I say will not please you. Your mind is made up.

Do you think scoring runs at the top are same as at the end of the innings. If you do you need to ban yourself for a week(just kidding you are a good poster).

Do you really think what happened few years back has a bearing on what is going on right now?

Currently Dhawan >>>>>>>Vijay or Rahul

Stop bullshitting 

As batsman their job is to score runs

Simple sawal  pucha if they are so good explain me why they have failed. 

Give me a reason or dnt put ur case. 

Dnt talk about other talk about them individually . Explain their abysmal record in past n present test cricket overseas. 

8 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Stop bullshitting 

As batsman their job is to score runs

Simple sawal  pucha if they are so good explain me why they have failed. 

Give me a reason or dnt put ur case. 

Dnt talk about other talk about them individually . Explain their abysmal record in past n present test cricket overseas. 

Who scored more runs and who was dropped? Come up with an explanation and discuss. Meanwhile look at the crow recipe posted above.

5 hours ago, Khota said:

Who scored more runs and who was dropped? Come up with an explanation and discuss. Meanwhile look at the crow recipe posted above.

see i knew u had no answer for their failures . 

Ill tell u why vijay,rahul kept their place coz he has done something overseas but dhawan pretty much nothing , dhawan n rohit are lucky to be getting chances after doing nothing. That nothing which u have no explanation of 

something is better then nothing . 

Despite the team management's liking for Dhawan, even they know in their heart of hearts that Dhawan is not a proper test cricketer, they took a chance with him in the first test based on his "SUBCONTINENT" form and it was quite evident that he struggled against the short ball. You saw it, I saw it, everyone saw it.

6 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

see i knew u had no answer for their failures . 

Ill tell u why vijay,rahul kept their place coz he has done something overseas but dhawan pretty much nothing , dhawan n rohit are lucky to be getting chances after doing nothing. That nothing which u have no explanation of 

something is better then nothing . 

You dont like the answer. Answer is in the results. Not a convoluted answer like you have subtrating runs for stuff and adding for attitude and coming up with a new total. I think you need to go back and adjust the runs for all batsman now.

The short annswer there was a hate towards Dhawan on this form and He was superseded by rahul and Vijay both less accomplished batsman. That is a injustice I am writing about.

6 hours ago, Prateek3801 said:

Despite the team management's liking for Dhawan, even they know in their heart of hearts that Dhawan is not a proper test cricketer, they took a chance with him in the first test based on his "SUBCONTINENT" form and it was quite evident that he struggled against the short ball. You saw it, I saw it, everyone saw it.

We also saw Vijay not being anble to put bat to the ball. We also saw rahul being shielded by Patel. We saw a lot if our eyesights are unbiased. What we also saw was the bias of media and ICF in favor of Vijay and Rahul. That was a sight not worth looking at.

46 minutes ago, Khota said:

We also saw Vijay not being anble to put bat to the ball. We also saw rahul being shielded by Patel. We saw a lot if our eyesights are unbiased. What we also saw was the bias of media and ICF in favor of Vijay and Rahul. That was a sight not worth looking at.

only u saw that no one else did 

Vijay played a good knock in Last test which cant be justified with number 

yes someone batting 20 balls is shielding.......kaha se lata hai be tu ye bawkass

49 minutes ago, Khota said:

You dont like the answer. Answer is in the results. Not a convoluted answer like you have subtrating runs for stuff and adding for attitude and coming up with a new total. I think you need to go back and adjust the runs for all batsman now.

The short annswer there was a hate towards Dhawan on this form and He was superseded by rahul and Vijay both less accomplished batsman. That is a injustice I am writing about.

Rahul n vijay has runs overseas

Main jo puch rha hu wo jawab de. If they are so good explain me how have they failed miserably overseas. 

Simple nhin jawab to rehne de..............

Dhawan was in form last time also before going overseas n failed so did this time . As i said simple explain me their low numbers overseas ....even some bowlers have scored. 

Explain kr nhin to rehne de 

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Read this ...how only ur have delusions in this world 

Link - http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22460695/shikhar-dhawan-awesome-odis-poor-tests

One of the many success stories for India in the ongoing ODI series in South Africa has been the Shikhar Dhawan's batting. In five innings, he has scored one century and two fifties, and his lowest score has been 34. He has scored his runs at a superb clip too, getting 305 runs off 276 balls, for a strike rate of 110.5. While most of the attention in the series has been on Virat Kohli - and rightly so, for Kohli has been the stand-out batsman of the tour - Dhawan has once again proved his dependability in the 50-over format, churning out runs in every game.

For Dhawan, the ODI series has been a refreshing contrast from the one Test he played on this tour, when he scored 16 in each innings in Cape Town and was then dropped to make way for KL Rahul. That was a fair call, given Dhawan's form and his record in Tests outside Asia, but with players like him it is vital to keep the format in mind when passing judgements on his capability: Dhawan in Tests is a plunderer of attacks in Asia but not so hot outside Asia; Dhawan in ODIs is a plunderer of attacks in all conditions.

Nothing illustrates this point better than his Test and ODI stats in Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa. In 11 Tests in these four countries, Dhawan averages 27.81, with only three 50-plus scores in 22 innings; in 42 ODI innings in these four countries, he averages 51.33 at a strike rate of 95.6, with 16 fifty-plus scores. In Tests, he clearly relishes playing in Asia, but in ODIs, there is no such bias in his stats.

Shikhar Dhawan In Tests

Region Inns Runs Ave 100s
in Asia 23 1296 58.90 5
in Aus, Eng, NZ, SA 22 612 27.81 1

Shikhar Dhawan In ODIs

Region Inns Runs Ave SR 100s
in Asia 40 1767 47.75 95.35 5
in Aus, Eng, NZ, SA 42 2002 51.33 95.60 7

Comparing Dhawan with other Asian batsmen in both Tests and ODIs in these four countries further illustrates the point. In ODIs in Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa since the start of 2013, Dhawan is the top run-getteramong Asian batsmen, and his numbers are stellar: 2002 runs at an average of 51.33, and a strike rate of 95.6. Combining those two numbers by multiplying the average with the runs scored per ball is a good measure of batting effectiveness in limited-overs matches, and by this measure, Dhawan is third among the 14 batsmen who have scored 700 or more runs in these countries during this period. Only Kumar Sangakkara and Kohli have done better. Rohit Sharma has a similar average but scores at a lesser strike rate, while Misbah-ul-Haq has a higher average but scored his runs far more slowly.

Shikhar Dhawan is among the best Asian batsmen in Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa, in ODIs in the last five years ESPNcricinfo Ltd

In each of his last four ODI series/tournaments in these countries, Dhawan has averaged more than 50, at 90-plus strike rates. With numbers like these, it is tough to find fault with his consistency in ODIs.

Shikhar Dhawan Last 4 ODI Series/Tournaments In Aus, NZ, Eng, SA

Series/tournament Inns Runs Ave SR 100s/50s
World Cup 2015 8 412 51.50 91.8 2/1
Ind in Aus, 2015-16 5 287 57.40 100.3 1/2
Champions Trophy, Eng, 2017 5 338 67.60 101.8 1/2
Ind in SA, 2017-18 5 305 76.25 110.5 1/2

In Tests, though, the story is entirely different. Among the 15 batsmen (Nos. 1-7 in the batting line-up) who have batted 20 or more times in these four countries in this period, only three have a poorer average than Dhawan's 27.81. Rohit is one of them, while Cheteshwar Pujara hasn't done much better either.

Poorest Ave For Asian Batsmen* In Aus, Eng, NZ, SA In Tests Since Jan 2013 (Min 20 Inns)

Player Inns Runs Ave 100
RG Sharma 20 452 23.78 0
Misbah-ul-Haq 21 537 25.57 1
JK Silva 20 548 27.40 0
S Dhawan 22 612 27.81 1
CA Pujara 30 863 28.76 1
MS Dhoni 20 553 29.10 0

*Batsmen in the top 7
Those who have watched Dhawan bat will know that his technique, batting style and temperament are suited to ODIs more than to Tests. He goes hard at the ball, tends to drive at deliveries outside off without much footwork, and doesn't usually try to curb his strokeplay early in the innings. These methods aren't such a problem in ODIs - which are played on flatter pitches with little seam movement - but in Tests there is a much smaller probability of getting away with this technique.

In Tests in these four countries, Dhawan has got out 18 times to pace in 22 innings, at an average of 29.16. His average against spin is even lower, but the sample size is small - only 117 deliveries - and the bowlers who have dismissed him include Robin Peterson and Joe Root, not exactly top names in spin bowling.

Dhawan V Pace And Spin In Tests In Aus, Eng, NZ, SA

Bowling Style Runs Balls Wkt Ave SR
Pace 525 934 18 29.16 56.17
Spin 87 117 4 21.75 74.33

In ODIs in these four countries, Dhawan's numbers against pace are far better - he averages 51.66 against them. The flatter conditions and the nature of the game allows him to attack with a lot more freedom than in Tests. His stats against Morne Morkel in the two formats is illustrative: in home Tests against Dhawan, he has figures of 2 for 22 off 51 balls; in ODIs in these four countries, his figures against Dhawan are 2 for 109 in 131 balls. Against spin Dhawan has done even better, which isn't unexpected.

Dhawan V Pace And Spin In ODIs In Aus, Eng, NZ, SA

Pace 1550 1639 30 51.66 94.5
Spin 452 455 7 64.57 99.33

In Tests, Dhawan has often been troubled by the short ball: he doesn't get out of the way convincingly, and neither does he play attacking shots with conviction. Against short and back-of-a-length deliveries off pace bowlers, Dhawan's average in Tests in these four countries is only 16 - he has been dismissed five times, and scored only 80 runs from 193 balls. In ODIs, the average goes up to 57, and the strike rate to more than a run a ball.

Dhawan has tackled the short ball pretty well in ODIs, though he has struggled against them in Tests ESPNcricinfo Ltd

In this ODI series, his numbers against the short or back-of-a-length ball are even more impressive: 95 off 85 balls, and dismissed just once. He has scored 29 from 25 such balls from Kagiso Rabada (for one dismissal), while the others haven't dismissed him off those deliveries. On flatter pitches with true bounce, and when batting with an uncluttered and clear mind, Dhawan has done all right against deliveries that have bothered him in Tests. With several overseas series coming up over the next 12 months for India, Dhawan might get more opportunities to rectify those stats in Tests too. If not, he has still done enough to ensure he is an intrinsic part of India's ODI plans, no matter what the conditions.

1136680_900x506.png&w=570

1136677_1296x729.png&w=920&h=518&scale=c

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Read this ...how only ur have delusions in this world 

Link - http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22460695/shikhar-dhawan-awesome-odis-poor-tests

One of the many success stories for India in the ongoing ODI series in South Africa has been the Shikhar Dhawan's batting. In five innings, he has scored one century and two fifties, and his lowest score has been 34. He has scored his runs at a superb clip too, getting 305 runs off 276 balls, for a strike rate of 110.5. While most of the attention in the series has been on Virat Kohli - and rightly so, for Kohli has been the stand-out batsman of the tour - Dhawan has once again proved his dependability in the 50-over format, churning out runs in every game.

For Dhawan, the ODI series has been a refreshing contrast from the one Test he played on this tour, when he scored 16 in each innings in Cape Town and was then dropped to make way for KL Rahul. That was a fair call, given Dhawan's form and his record in Tests outside Asia, but with players like him it is vital to keep the format in mind when passing judgements on his capability: Dhawan in Tests is a plunderer of attacks in Asia but not so hot outside Asia; Dhawan in ODIs is a plunderer of attacks in all conditions.

Nothing illustrates this point better than his Test and ODI stats in Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa. In 11 Tests in these four countries, Dhawan averages 27.81, with only three 50-plus scores in 22 innings; in 42 ODI innings in these four countries, he averages 51.33 at a strike rate of 95.6, with 16 fifty-plus scores. In Tests, he clearly relishes playing in Asia, but in ODIs, there is no such bias in his stats.

Shikhar Dhawan In Tests

Region Inns Runs Ave 100s
in Asia 23 1296 58.90 5
in Aus, Eng, NZ, SA 22 612 27.81 1

Shikhar Dhawan In ODIs

Region Inns Runs Ave SR 100s
in Asia 40 1767 47.75 95.35 5
in Aus, Eng, NZ, SA 42 2002 51.33 95.60 7

Comparing Dhawan with other Asian batsmen in both Tests and ODIs in these four countries further illustrates the point. In ODIs in Australia, England, New Zealand and South Africa since the start of 2013, Dhawan is the top run-getteramong Asian batsmen, and his numbers are stellar: 2002 runs at an average of 51.33, and a strike rate of 95.6. Combining those two numbers by multiplying the average with the runs scored per ball is a good measure of batting effectiveness in limited-overs matches, and by this measure, Dhawan is third among the 14 batsmen who have scored 700 or more runs in these countries during this period. Only Kumar Sangakkara and Kohli have done better. Rohit Sharma has a similar average but scores at a lesser strike rate, while Misbah-ul-Haq has a higher average but scored his runs far more slowly.

Shikhar Dhawan is among the best Asian batsmen in Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa, in ODIs in the last five years ESPNcricinfo Ltd

In each of his last four ODI series/tournaments in these countries, Dhawan has averaged more than 50, at 90-plus strike rates. With numbers like these, it is tough to find fault with his consistency in ODIs.

Shikhar Dhawan Last 4 ODI Series/Tournaments In Aus, NZ, Eng, SA

Series/tournament Inns Runs Ave SR 100s/50s
World Cup 2015 8 412 51.50 91.8 2/1
Ind in Aus, 2015-16 5 287 57.40 100.3 1/2
Champions Trophy, Eng, 2017 5 338 67.60 101.8 1/2
Ind in SA, 2017-18 5 305 76.25 110.5 1/2

In Tests, though, the story is entirely different. Among the 15 batsmen (Nos. 1-7 in the batting line-up) who have batted 20 or more times in these four countries in this period, only three have a poorer average than Dhawan's 27.81. Rohit is one of them, while Cheteshwar Pujara hasn't done much better either.

Poorest Ave For Asian Batsmen* In Aus, Eng, NZ, SA In Tests Since Jan 2013 (Min 20 Inns)

Player Inns Runs Ave 100
RG Sharma 20 452 23.78 0
Misbah-ul-Haq 21 537 25.57 1
JK Silva 20 548 27.40 0
S Dhawan 22 612 27.81 1
CA Pujara 30 863 28.76 1
MS Dhoni 20 553 29.10 0

*Batsmen in the top 7
Those who have watched Dhawan bat will know that his technique, batting style and temperament are suited to ODIs more than to Tests. He goes hard at the ball, tends to drive at deliveries outside off without much footwork, and doesn't usually try to curb his strokeplay early in the innings. These methods aren't such a problem in ODIs - which are played on flatter pitches with little seam movement - but in Tests there is a much smaller probability of getting away with this technique.

In Tests in these four countries, Dhawan has got out 18 times to pace in 22 innings, at an average of 29.16. His average against spin is even lower, but the sample size is small - only 117 deliveries - and the bowlers who have dismissed him include Robin Peterson and Joe Root, not exactly top names in spin bowling.

Dhawan V Pace And Spin In Tests In Aus, Eng, NZ, SA

Pace 525 934 18 29.16 56.17
Spin 87 117 4 21.75 74.33

In ODIs in these four countries, Dhawan's numbers against pace are far better - he averages 51.66 against them. The flatter conditions and the nature of the game allows him to attack with a lot more freedom than in Tests. His stats against Morne Morkel in the two formats is illustrative: in home Tests against Dhawan, he has figures of 2 for 22 off 51 balls; in ODIs in these four countries, his figures against Dhawan are 2 for 109 in 131 balls. Against spin Dhawan has done even better, which isn't unexpected.

Dhawan V Pace And Spin In ODIs In Aus, Eng, NZ, SA

Pace 1550 1639 30 51.66 94.5
Spin 452 455 7 64.57 99.33

In Tests, Dhawan has often been troubled by the short ball: he doesn't get out of the way convincingly, and neither does he play attacking shots with conviction. Against short and back-of-a-length deliveries off pace bowlers, Dhawan's average in Tests in these four countries is only 16 - he has been dismissed five times, and scored only 80 runs from 193 balls. In ODIs, the average goes up to 57, and the strike rate to more than a run a ball.

Dhawan has tackled the short ball pretty well in ODIs, though he has struggled against them in Tests ESPNcricinfo Ltd

In this ODI series, his numbers against the short or back-of-a-length ball are even more impressive: 95 off 85 balls, and dismissed just once. He has scored 29 from 25 such balls from Kagiso Rabada (for one dismissal), while the others haven't dismissed him off those deliveries. On flatter pitches with true bounce, and when batting with an uncluttered and clear mind, Dhawan has done all right against deliveries that have bothered him in Tests. With several overseas series coming up over the next 12 months for India, Dhawan might get more opportunities to rectify those stats in Tests too. If not, he has still done enough to ensure he is an intrinsic part of India's ODI plans, no matter what the conditions.

1136680_900x506.png&w=570

1136677_1296x729.png&w=920&h=518&scale=c

Like I mentioned you are the chosen stupid. I read this article and found it flawed. His previous overseas run was not the best but i am talking current, now as of this moment. He is doing great.

Just answer one question. Why was Rahul send one down(and still failed) if he was selected as an opener?

5 minutes ago, Khota said:

Like I mentioned you are the chosen stupid. I read this article and found it flawed. His previous overseas run was not the best but i am talking current, now as of this moment. He is doing great.

really scoring 16 is gr8:giggle:

Gr8 in loi , we are talking about test dhakkan 

Farq samjhta hai .....1 men red ball hoti hai dusre men white

1 men fielding restriction hoti hai dusre men nhin

Just answer one question. Why was Rahul send one down(and still failed) if he was selected as an opener?

To have a left hand right hand combo at start so opp bowlers get of from line n length. Just one of experiment

Just look KL test career n tell me how he needs to be saved . Give this bull crap statement if that happens everyday.

Oh btw humble pies for u, hope u saw dhoni bat :yahoo:.

Ab humble pie kha ya kauwa biryani teri marzi......waise bhi bht khhaaa li iss tour pe galat sabit ho ho ke . 16 run bnana is doing well......kon joker terko cricket sikhaya 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

really scoring 16 is gr8:giggle:

Gr8 in loi , we are talking about test dhakkan 

Farq samjhta hai .....1 men red ball hoti hai dusre men white

1 men fielding restriction hoti hai dusre men nhin

To have a left hand right hand combo at start so opp bowlers get of from line n length. Just one of experiment

Just look KL test career n tell me how he needs to be saved . Give this bull crap statement if that happens everyday.

Oh btw humble pies for u, hope u saw dhoni bat :yahoo:.

Ab humble pie kha ya kauwa biryani teri marzi......waise bhi bht khhaaa li iss tour pe galat sabit ho ho ke . 16 run bnana is doing well......kon joker terko cricket sikhaya 

Sometimes you add catches dropped other times it is about left hand combo. You have no shame. I understand Rahul deserves a chance but is he better than Dhawan. Only for you.

As far Dhoni is concerned how do you know someone elase would not have done better Mr. Nostradamus.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Sometimes you add catches dropped other times it is about left hand combo. You have no shame. I understand Rahul deserves a chance but is he better than Dhawan. Only for you.

Ohhh so dropped catches dont hurt team :laugh1:

Ask anyone who is better in test Rahul or dhawan

Jawab mil jayega 

As far Dhoni is concerned how do you know someone elase would not have done better Mr. Nostradamus.

Someone who someone

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 hours ago, Khota said:

Vijay saw off the ball 127 times in the second innings, unlike Shikhar Dhawan who just likes to hit and hit and get out cheaply, you have no idea about how test cricket works, seriously.

Dhawan is great in ODI's but equally 'khota' in tests, especially in overseas conditions.

Even Rahul stuck for 50 balls which is not at all bad in that kind of a pitch.

On the other hand, Dhawan chose to just hit blindly and expose the

middle order to the new ball, that's the sign of a poor and irresponsible opener. 

I dont know why you can't understand this simple fact.

Now where's the bias?

1 hour ago, Khota said:

What difference did that make at all, even Patel got out cheaply and Rahul did take the onus of facing 50 balls on this kind of a pitch.

Why the hell you don't understand that tests is not about runs and runs, the opener should be capacitated to wear down the opponent, frustrate the bowler so that the middle order can cash in.

Rahul and Vijay did that quite well in the third test, UNLIKE SHIKHAR DHAWAN.

5 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ohhh so dropped catches dont hurt team :laugh1:

Ask anyone who is better in test Rahul or dhawan

Jawab mil jayega 

Someone who someone

They do. But we are talking abt batting. You always change the topic.

If I have ask anyone who is better between Vijay/rahul and Dhawan then I clearly dont know what is going on just like your case.

4 hours ago, Prateek3801 said:

What difference did that make at all, even Patel got out cheaply and Rahul did take the onus of facing 50 balls on this kind of a pitch.

Why the hell you don't understand that tests is not about runs and runs, the opener should be capacitated to wear down the opponent, frustrate the bowler so that the middle order can cash in.

Rahul and Vijay did that quite well in the third test, UNLIKE SHIKHAR DHAWAN.

Third test when Shikar was not given the opportunity to play. If he was there maybe he could have scored a century. When Dhawan and Vijay played together Dhawan was head and shoulder above him.

4 hours ago, Prateek3801 said:

Vijay saw off the ball 127 times in the second innings, unlike Shikhar Dhawan who just likes to hit and hit and get out cheaply, you have no idea about how test cricket works, seriously.

Dhawan is great in ODI's but equally 'khota' in tests, especially in overseas conditions.

Even Rahul stuck for 50 balls which is not at all bad in that kind of a pitch.

On the other hand, Dhawan chose to just hit blindly and expose the

middle order to the new ball, that's the sign of a poor and irresponsible opener. 

I dont know why you can't understand this simple fact.

Now where's the bias?

So Dhawan hits blindly. Is that all you know. Those two dont have the fraction of hand eye coordination of Dhawan.