Is Kumble a "Greater" captain than Ganguly ?

I think the statesmanship and Strong character he has shown in his first two series and he still has at least 2 years with him if not more...and india is scheduled to play a large number of tests in next 18 months.. i think he will end up as one of the greatest indian player...with great captaincy record... His maturity and fighting spirit will show the coming generation of indian players...what are expected off them... i think we have found The right man at the right time..when indian team will be going to follow a rebuilding phase..

I think the statesmanship and Strong character he has shown in his first two series and he still has at least 2 years with him if not more...and india is scheduled to play a large number of tests in next 18 months.. i think he will end up as one of the greatest indian player...with great captaincy record... His maturity and fighting spirit will show the coming generation of indian players...what are expected off them... i think we have found The right man at the right time..when indian team will be going to follow a rebuilding phase..
:giggle: he's won 2 tests till now compared to ganguly's 21- and tbh ganguly created the aggression and self belief to start with, ganguly definitely india's greatest captain
Its not the number of tests Kumble has won.but how his team has played the game... i am quite impressed by the way Kumble has Marshalled his troops..and the way players have responded... Thers is a sense of believe in the team that they can win in alien conditions..
Ganguly took a team disintegrated by match fixing and turned it around into a winning team. Kumble is leading a strong team. Whats the fuss all about?

How many series did Ganguly win abroad? Under him we failed to win a series in WI or even in Zim or England. All these were accomplished under Dravid. Ganguly was needed when he was captain because he was a uniter. He did not indulge in regionalism and was the first in that. He was a good leader ... but as a captain he was average

Kumble is a ball follower. He doesn't anticipate where the balls are going to go nor how an inning/partnership is going to pan out. He overbowled Bhajji, underbowled SRT in Adelaide. He kept VS out of the playing XI for far too long. He didn't select IS in MCG. He opened with IP in the 2nd innings of Adelaide. He didn't have Laxman at number 3 (nor even 5) in Adelaide. He selected DK and PS in the squad but didn't have the guts to play them (probably selectors can be blamed for this). The 1st slip, 3rd slip and point positions were a free-for-all. I think the best decision he made was batting first in Perth. His decision to give Sehwag a go against Gilly worked. Maybe his back room planning was good. But all in all his captaincy wasn't that good. His performances (especially his bowling in MCG and his batting throughout the series) were terrific though.