Surprised to see Thakur playing for india

gakgupta

On 2/16/2018 at 9:39 PM, coffee_rules said:

Remember the kind of abuse Vinay Kumar got here. This guy  is and looks like him and is of the Mohit Sharma kind. Dibbly Dobbly pace, No wonder Bhuvi gets  chosen back so many times in ODIs. 

I don't understand why this guy is getting so much hate on this forum. How is 140k dibby dobbly pace? I remember this guy hit 148k a few months ago! Vinay Kumar barely clocks even 130k. I've been following this guy's performances for a while now and as much as I agree he's no Steyn or Rabada, he's still a damned good pacer. He can swing the ball away even while hitting the deck hard which is why a lot of his deliveries just rear up from a length. I know there are a lot of exciting prospects at the moment when it comes to fast bowling but they are still kinda raw and I feel they should be given a go in the A side first. This guy has already performed over and over again for the A side and earned his place. And he actually did well in the only chance he got this series! I'm wondering if you guys even saw him bowl.

Edited by themask
3 minutes ago, themask said:

I don't understand why this guy is getting so much hate on this forum. How is 140k dibby dobbly pace? I remember this guy hit 148k a few months ago! Vinay Kumar barely clocks even 130k. I've been following this guy's performances for a while now and as much as I agree he's no Steyn or Rabada, he's still a damned good pacer. He can swing the ball away even while hitting the deck hard which is why a lot of his deliveries just rear up from a length. I know there are a lot of exciting prospects at the moment when it comes to fast bowling but they are still kinda raw and I feel they should be given a go in the A side first. This guy has already performed over and over again for the A side and earned his place. And he actually did well in the only chance he got this series! I'm wondering if you guys even saw him bowl.

We need a widen our pool of bowlers and Shardul deserves his chance. Problem with people is that they go by little samples and start rating people by those 1 or 2 games they have played. Shardul if given proper chance can perform well just like any other youngster. We can’t just depend on Bhuvi and Bumrah alone. Need to give these guys chances, and proper chance not just 1 50 over dead rubber game.

Same thing with guys like Iyer, we can’t say they don’t belong to international cricket after sending them at number 6 and expect them to average 40. No one does that. Even Sachin’s overal average in South Africa is not that, then it is ridiculous to expect new guys like Iyer to to have massive average coming down the order when they are expected to hit.

Too early to rate these guys. If given proper chance, they can surely suceed.