Humble pie for Dhoni haters

Stradlater

Pant is a better keeper than PP. he is better keeper against pacers than Dhoni.

Yes and no. Pant is better than pp but not necessarily better than Dhoni. I dont recall dhoni dropping a catch but has let a lot of byes through.

Yes and no. Pant is better than pp but not necessarily better than Dhoni. I dont recall dhoni dropping a catch but has let a lot of byes through.

Better than Dhoni against pacers. You dont recall Dhoni dropping catches because he does not go for catches anywhere two feet away from him. Happened several times on overseas tours when Dhoni keeps.  Even in last game, Pant went for an improbable take and stopped four, Dhoni would not even have attempted that.  Though only PP has the ability to drop straightforward catches as a keeper.

DK and PP will be the backup keepers for the time being irrespective of what he does. Our selections have been conservative.  He ideally should have been picked against England at home when Saha got injured.  They instead picked PP.

A stooge like msk cant be brave to make decisions like this(selecting Pant),one who gives massages to Fool will always be conservative

Pant is a better keeper than PP. he is better keeper against pacers than Dhoni. the biggest that prevents his selection is being too young. Selectors want to him refine his skill, batting, keeping and then pick for the tests. They dont want a half baked products like PP and DK were in 2002 and 2003.

I don't think that is the case at all. PP got selected when he 17, Karthik was also in 20 when he got selected.There is only so much you improve by playing FC, he has played 2 season that is more than enough. Ishan and Sanju Sampson they already have enough experience if they are good enough in selectors eyes they would be in the team at least as backups.