SQUADS announced for Afghanistan test and England LOIs

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Could easily have selected Pant for Afghan test. if you dont give chance to young keeper in these tests against likes of Afghan and BD then when?

BCCi afraid of change just like my Dad.First India were against DRS

Now they afraid of day night test.Change is always good and better, its part of life. 

Pant is good batsman but India not wants two keeper ( NZ/eng) in test team vs even Minor AfG.plus pant not good keeper vs Spin,

Bangalore test might be 3 spinner India keep.

What my impression on pant, he is pinch hitter, perfect for t20, Rayudu is great for t20 but he is selected for 50/50, why?

only problem that i find is they did not give any chance to a NEW PACE bowler in INDIAN t20 or ODI teams...

i am not asking that they should pick khaleel or Avesh or Rajpoot or Saini and play them directly in an ODI or t20 but they can take one pacer and at least groom him for future.

we need ready Pacers as ISHANT and SHAMMI are very close to retirement, bhuvi is also slowing down , even Umesh is also not at his fastest. Sid is kinda a medium pacer.

Selectors had to PICK one genuine Fast bowler like khaleel/avesh/saini/rajpoot just to groom him for future.

On 5/8/2018 at 9:52 PM, Pollack said:

There are much better bowler available than Chahar. I bet had he not been in CSK he would not be in india A squad irrespective of his recent good showing in domestic which I knew someone would point out.

Regarding Rayudu, I said IPL should not be sole criteria for ODI selection. Being a Chusky helps a lot too. He may do decent than MP but he is no future.

rayudu is likely to win the orange cap.

did u see how aggressive he was while he was hitting 145K bowling of avesh khan.

The guy is extremely confident and if by chance he gets a chance in the Indian Playing 11 in ODI - he is going to hit half century and centuries, he is going to create issue's for other batsman to stay put in the indian team , he has already thrown out rahane and has got into indian team, i feel he is targeting to throw out Shreyas Iyer /karthik from the final 11 in odi team.

he is very confident of his capabilities and i would prefer shreyas iyer to him as shreyas is younger but I am kinda scared that rayudu could dump Shreyas iyer and Kartik as no 5 batsman as KL rahul could play at no 4 in ODI.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:43 PM, rkt.india said:

Kaul has brain and sense of executing his stuff.

Kaul has been selected based on his initial IPL performances but i feel he will be a vinay kumar in england and will be thrashed if at all he plays in india 11.

vinay was always a trundler but in international cricket he bowled under 125K in the lord's test and failed miserably...even later he could never perform to his potential.

i kinda feel Kaul looks like a BABY BOY and batsman would attack him and make his life miserable.

biggest issue with ODI team is that none of the top 5 bowls part time. lack of 6th bowler is going to hurt us now and in WC 2019. This would be the team against Eng:

Shikhar

Rohit

Kohli

KKD

MSD

Shreyas/ Rayudu / Rahul

Pandya

Kuldeep

Bhuvi

Chahal

Bumrah

Ideally, i would have liked MSD to sit out a game and get in Sundar or even Umesh.