Murmurs Growing in BCCI Corridors About 'Dravid-backed' Feeder System for Team India Call-up

13 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Dravid is good but more BCCI will take his , Dhoni's , Shastri's, Kohli's word as Quraan, the more they will suffer.
Anyways , A teams are a good way to give exposure to players and train them.
It is clear that Indian Main Team has no free spots to nurture talents like Rohit , Dhoni or Virat.
But the flip side of overglorification of Rahul Dravid is that eventually, his foolish plans will also be accepted by the BCCI because they are too obsessed with him LMAO.
Dravid is not a great decision maker.
BCCI has already a great training system for boy's cricket in place and these kids really work hard .
So no surprises U19 kids are winning everywhere.
Indian Players are way more serious about cricket than their other counterparts honestly.

The senior team is in doldrums though, mostly due to Kohli's ego.
Dhoni atleast used to listen to coaches.
But Kohli thinks himself as the Bigg Boss and Shastri is merely a cheerleader.

There is a reason why it is the coaches(managers) who carry the name value in International Football(and in cricket) over Captains.
I get the cricket captains get to do a lot more than football captains,but still nevertheless, captains are just a more experienced player in the team with leadership qualities.
It is similar with other cricket teams but in India, this position has been equated to a god ever since Dhoni took over.
Kohli is trying to take after MSD'S autonomy, but he is actually a failure in this .

To be frank, not because I am a bong, but I want to see Sourav Ganguly as India's coach/selector someday.
He has the innate ability to see talent and is brave enough to experiment
He is also a great leader and administrator.

You know , winning is not important.
Rankings are not important.
It is the joy of discovering talents and nurturing them-building the team for future.
A team which can win.
Today's India's top position in Cricket is his legacy.
Mechanized win machines bore me.
I want to see some variations

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

I am not a Bengali for disclaimer but I agree with you that Ganguly was the best cricket captain in Indian history. My reasons for that are totally different than yours. In my opinion he was the first cricket captain in India who took zonalism out. He had only one criteria and that was the merit of the player. His captaincy was a point of inflexion of Indian cricket where Indians were taking crap all the time to starting dishing it out. Not without his faults but was much better than my brother from Delhi Mr. Kohli who has yet to demonstrate leadership abilities.

Back to Dravid I have no problem with him stating India A should be the criteria but also I have to agree with other posters that too much power with him is not good either.

I am not a Bengali for disclaimer but I agree with you that Ganguly was the best cricket captain in Indian history. My reasons for that are totally different than yours. In my opinion he was the first cricket captain in India who took zonalism out. He had only one criteria and that was the merit of the player. His captaincy was a point of inflexion of Indian cricket where Indians were taking crap all the time to starting dishing it out. Not without his faults but was much better than my brother from Delhi Mr. Kohli who has yet to demonstrate leadership abilities.

Back to Dravid I have no problem with him stating India A should be the criteria but also I have to agree with other posters that too much power with him is not good either.

Contrary to popular belief , Dravid is not a very good tactician .
His stint as the DD mentor was not very impressive too and seems like his recent success with the U19 team seems to have white washed his grand failure as the captain of Indian Cricket Team- the real dark days of Indian Cricket Team.
He won the U19 world cup due to the talents of the players and the effort of their coaches .

Dravid is borderline overrated now.
The way he is being worshipped now across the country and the way his PR potrays him as an angel, in no time he will end up ruining the team once again.

India A success doesn't necessarily mean success at the top level , because that top level is completely managed by inefficient haughty egoistic people like Kohli, Dhoni and Shastri, who adds additional pressure to players they don't like/don't fit the stakeholder's agenda.
Kohli is a **** captain.
I read in places that he has more than enough captaincy experience.
I wonder why he did not learn the art of leadership even after so many internships.
His captaincy is entirely directed towards maintaining his image and not build the team.

2 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Contrary to popular belief , Dravid is not a very good tactician .
His stint as the DD mentor was not very impressive too and seems like his recent success with the U19 team seems to have white washed his grand failure as the captain of Indian Cricket Team- the real dark days of Indian Cricket Team.
He won the U19 world cup due to the talents of the players and the effort of their coaches .

Dravid is borderline overrated now.
The way he is being worshipped now across the country and the way his PR potrays him as an angel, in no time he will end up ruining the team once again.

India A success doesn't necessarily mean success at the top level , because that top level is completely managed by inefficient haughty egoistic people like Kohli, Dhoni and Shastri, who adds additional pressure to players they don't like/don't fit the stakeholder's agenda.
Kohli is a **** captain.
I read in places that he has more than enough captaincy experience.
I wonder why he did not learn the art of leadership even after so many internships.emoji14.pngemoji14.pngemoji14.png
His captaincy is entirely directed towards maintaining his image and not build the team.

This^^^^^