We don't care about T20 cricket, says Indian coach Ravi Shastri !!!

velu

On 6/3/2018 at 10:44 AM, LORD_analyst said:

most of people criticize him ,just for the sake of criticizing.

It is more than that. What experience does he have to become one of the highest paid coaches in the world?

Coaching is a serious business. It is a tough job where people work 24/7/365. It is a nightmare and saps every ounce of energy. Look at Bellichik and look at Shastri. Shastri is a clown. Loser.

14 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Well, India has won a lot of T20s with These oldy gang.

Also , Moody / Fleming are good coaches but they will inevitably clash with Kohli/Sajdeh.
They are actual coaches who want to win tourneys and won't say yes to Sajdeh's marketing agendas.
Also, I have actually heard rumours that Selections are completely done by Sajdeh , Kohli and Dhoni.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

If Moody clashes with Kohli it is fine. Kohli has a huge ego right now. I will take Moody or anyone over this sorry excuse of a coach.

3 hours ago, Khota said:

If Moody clashes with Kohli it is fine. Kohli has a huge ego right now. I will take Moody or anyone over this sorry excuse of a coach.

But Kohli will throw a tantrum if the coach doesn't agree to his pick of players. We had some chance with Kumble as he's a professional atleast sounds like one. Remember when Kohli was injured in Dharmsala, we picked Kuldeep as a replacement. Its due to Kumble's genius and Rahane's support of his suggestion. And Rahane is more attacking than Kohli, he just doesn't get the reputation of being attacking because he's a mild mannered guy.

46 minutes ago, Garuda said:

But Kohli will throw a tantrum if the coach doesn't agree to his pick of players. We had some chance with Kumble as he's a professional atleast sounds like one. Remember when Kohli was injured in Dharmsala, we picked Kuldeep as a replacement. Its due to Kumble's genius and Rahane's support of his suggestion. And Rahane is more attacking than Kohli, he just doesn't get the reputation of being attacking because he's a mild mannered guy.

Kumble was a winner. In bowling, in coaching and all around. He was the best proponent of leg spin definitely better than Shane "the druggy" Warne. Shastri is absolutely horrendous.

If I was running BCCI and there was a fight between the coach Kumble and captain Kohli it would be very easy decision for me to make. Kick Kohli out. Coach above captain is the correct decision.

Kumble was the best India had. In a culture where batsman get more importance Kumble never got the respect he deserved.

Edited by Khota
12 minutes ago, Khota said:

Kumble was a winner. In bowling, in coaching and all around. He was the best proponent of leg spin definitely better than Shane "the druggy" Warne. Shastri is absolutely horrendous.

If I was running BCCI and there was a fight between the coach Kumble and captain Kohli it would be very easy decision for me to make. Kick Kohli out. Coach above captain is the correct decision.

Kumble was the best India had. In a culture where batsman get more importance Kumble never got the respect he deserved.

I will have to disagree on that one. Coach cannot make decisions on the field, a captain does. Yes I agree that Kumble was the best man for the coaching job but we got a yes man for the job instead. I find Rahane's captaincy better. I think Kohli has to get him involved while discussing strategies and tactics. But he has to pick him first :hysterical: instead of FTB Rohit.

Kohli needs to be reigned in by BCCI. The captain shouldn't have a say in selecting the squad. And at the end of the series, if the selector has any doubts, the captain has to report why he made the decision of selecting a player in matches over another in the squad. Need to cut back on fanboyism and selection biases because of who that player knows or tied up with.

BCCI should be looking towards phasing out players over 35. They need to have the guts to tap on the players shoulder if the player is playing past the due date and ask them to quit playing or face the ignominy of getting dropped. Players over the age of 35 need to be held accountable for their presence in the team with good performances. They shouldn't be shocked that they may get a tap on the shoulder and asked to quit the game.

The thing is Kohli will kick Moody out for disagreeing with him.
He has a huge ego right now(or it is Dhoni dadu backing him).
Kohli wants to do selection politics and other shits like Dhoni but doesn't have the aukaat to do such.
That is why he gets caught
Right now he is on a safe position due to all the endorsements.
The fun will begin when he retires and struggles to remain relevant.
Kohli doesn't have even half of Dhoni's cricketing legacy.
His biggest achievement ever is getting married to Anu.

Kohli is not attacking.
He is also very defensive just like Dhoni+ also puts excessive pressure on players and don't put trust on them outside his select coterie unlike Dhoni.
Honestly, home test wins happen because the players themselves are good+opponents are either weak or can't handle the desi pitches well.

6 hours ago, Garuda said:

I will have to disagree on that one. Coach cannot make decisions on the field, a captain does. Yes I agree that Kumble was the best man for the coaching job but we got a yes man for the job instead. I find Rahane's captaincy better. I think Kohli has to get him involved while discussing strategies and tactics. But he has to pick him first :hysterical: instead of FTB Rohit.

Kohli needs to be reigned in by BCCI. The captain shouldn't have a say in selecting the squad. And at the end of the series, if the selector has any doubts, the captain has to report why he made the decision of selecting a player in matches over another in the squad. Need to cut back on fanboyism and selection biases because of who that player knows or tied up with.

BCCI should be looking towards phasing out players over 35. They need to have the guts to tap on the players shoulder if the player is playing past the due date and ask them to quit playing or face the ignominy of getting dropped. Players over the age of 35 need to be held accountable for their presence in the team with good performances. They shouldn't be shocked that they may get a tap on the shoulder and asked to quit the game.

Mine and your views on captaincy are different. I rather have rotating captain than one fixed one. That is totally different topic.

6 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

The thing is Kohli will kick Moody out for disagreeing with him.
He has a huge ego right now(or it is Dhoni dadu backing him).
Kohli wants to do selection politics and other shits like Dhoni but doesn't have the aukaat to do such.
That is why he gets caught
Right now he is on a safe position due to all the endorsements.
The fun will begin when he retires and struggles to remain relevant.
Kohli doesn't have even half of Dhoni's cricketing legacy.
His biggest achievement ever is getting married to Anu.

Kohli is a failed captaincy so far. I still cannot get over the loss to Pakistan in CT. Ganguly etc had so little to work with and they still did good but Kohli has so much at his disposal and still fails. Man is a bum.

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not really he failed as a man manager, that is what most of the coaching is at highest level 

There is a difference between failing and others not listening to him. We coddle our players and hero worship them. They find it difficult to take orders. It is a cultural thing. If this was a western coach he would have Kohlis sorry ass sitting on the bench.

Three formats, three captains and two coaches. That is the way forward.

13 minutes ago, Khota said:

There is a difference between failing and others not listening to him. We coddle our players and hero worship them. They find it difficult to take orders. It is a cultural thing. If this was a western coach he would have Kohlis sorry ass sitting on the bench.

I can understand your view of rotating captains. But why the need for 2 coaches?

3 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

I can understand your view of rotating captains. But why the need for 2 coaches?

One for tests and other for ODI/T20. Two different styles of thinking. Heck even BD is more progressive and they are listening to Gary Kristen and seriously thinking of hiring two coaches based on his recommendation.

57 minutes ago, Khota said:

nope if u fail it ur fault

Its noyt that kumble or chappell were giving wrong advices but when players have to managed well, all are diff indviduals and all ahve to be handled in diff way

Hows it possible same players listen to some n not to others 

1st of all at this level captain is the boss so no orders shud be given, coach is a helping hand to captain not boss 

In any professional sporting set up, Coach always comes first than a captain.
Coach is the one who trains and advises the players on their weaknesses, playing strategy , etc etc.
It is them who has the first right to select the playing XI.
A captain is a player in the team with leadership skills and superior knowledge of the game .
Regardless how good he is , ultimately he should be below the coach in wielding crucial power over the team management.

Ofcourse , I do think in that Greg Chapell-Ganguly saga , they should have taken risk once and thrown out Chapell as he is a bhangaar coach.
Obviously things happened in the different way because of Desis' obsession with white skin et al.
But the bottomline is , Kohli is neither a cool headed LOI match winner like Dhoni nor a genuine talent hunt genius like Ganguly.

Infact , I do think he is not even suitable for LOI captaincy.

The only reason I think he is the captain because of  Marketing Reasons.

I feel this "captain is god" approach of senior cricket is eventually gonna ruin Desi cricket in Future.

Sourav or Even Dhoni were expert enough to wield considerable power as captain, but Kohli is not even 1/4th of them in this matter.

He neither possesses enough knowledge about the game and is honest towards his duty like Ganguly nor expert in Politics and getting his way like MSD.

Ofcourse , he is getting his way for now-but his legacy is getting destroyed.

Kohli is that kind of star player who can be the mainstay of his team- but does not do captaincy well.

And then he showed the audacity to go against Kumble who was working for the team's sake.

Just because their approach towards the game was not same and Kohli was not getting to include his passenger friends in the team, he brawled with Kumble who was honest towards his duty.

I know Kohli has won many matches ever since , but he lost my respect since then.

Kohli just isn't qualified enough to be a normal captain, let alone the God Captain of Indian Men's cricket team

I know right now BCCI is dancing his tunes because he is pretty influential to millions of Idiot Indian youths , but he has no capacity to make the desis drool in his image like Dhoni or even Ganguly.

Those 2 have other levels of Legacy that Kohli can't dream about.

When media constantly refers to you as God, you are bound to get hung up and entitled about your status.
Our cricketers are just like the olden days Zamindar ka beta.
They overrate themselves before we overrate them.

I don't care about Kohli.
That Poor Man's Cristiano Ronaldo can only think about his own stats and own money.
Dhoni was atleast suave in his business.
He wouldn't have pulled off messes like Kohli that shows off his egoistic side.

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

nope if u fail it ur fault

Its noyt that kumble or chappell were giving wrong advices but when players have to managed well, all are diff indviduals and all ahve to be handled in diff way

Hows it possible same players listen to some n not to others 

1st of all at this level captain is the boss so no orders shud be given, coach is a helping hand to captain not boss 

We live in  polar opposite worlds. Coach is the boss and captain is another player.

Just now, Khota said:

We live in  polar opposite worlds. Coach is the boss and captain is another player.

in cricket when has that worked well

chappell tried failed miserably

Buchanan tried with KKR.....worst season for KKR

Warne did this yr with RR....messed up everything 

Coach being boss has never worked in cricket

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in cricket when has that worked well

chappell tried failed miserably

Buchanan tried with KKR.....worst season for KKR

Warne did this yr with RR....messed up everything 

Coach being boss has never worked in cricket

Because no one gave it a fair chance. There is no way a captain on the field can make real time decisions. Just no way. I know they do but those are not the best decisons that can be made.