ICC Future Tour Programme 2018-2023 released

Still have time to convert the NZ tour to a 3 test series one, BCCI can easily influence the host board. Question is whether they have the will, I will judge Ganguly based on that. 

2002 2 tests

2009 3 tests

2014 2 tests

2020 2 tests

7 completed tests in NZ this millennium...we have played 10 in Eng since 2014 :facepalm:

Is this a joke? 5 ODIs there earlier this year, 3 more in 4 months time when next WC will be in 2023 in entirely different conditions. I am fine with 5 T20s as prep for the 2 T20 events in 2020/21....ODIs make no sense whatsoever, 5 T20s, 3 tests would have been perfect.  

Edited by Gollum
6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Still have time to convert the NZ tour to a 3 test series one, BCCI can easily influence the host board. Question is whether they have the will, I will judge Ganguly based on that. 

2002 2 tests

2009 3 tests

2014 2 tests

2020 2 tests

7 completed tests in NZ this millennium...we have played 10 in Eng since 2014 :facepalm:

Is this a joke? 5 ODIs there earlier this year, 3 more in 4 months time when next WC will be in 2023 in entirely different conditions. I am fine with 5 T20s as prep for the 2 T20 events in 2020/21....ODIs make no sense whatsoever, 5 T20s, 3 tests would have been perfect.  

I wonder if the Kiwis will want a longer test series with us. They net lose money on Test series I think. While they may get a profit when we tour there, they may prefer to add more ODIs and T20s instead. 

I agree with you though. I think they are the number 2 side in the world currently, so it would be 1 vs 2. Our series with them should be a minimum of 3 Test matches, ideally a full series with 4.

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

2002 2 tests

2009 3 tests

2014 2 tests

2020 2 tests

It is due to NZ board's insistance.NZ board scrapped tests in favor of ODIs with other teams.NZ simply does not have enough to host 3 test series.

1 minute ago, Moochad said:

I wonder if the Kiwis will want a longer test series with us. They net lose money on Test series I think. While they may get a profit when we tour there, they may prefer to add more ODIs and T20s instead. 

It isn't about them wanting or not wanting, BCCI has enough clout to impose its decision on them. We toured there this year and again next year, we can come to an understanding. Lost money can be made up easily. 

1 minute ago, Moochad said:

I agree with you though. I think they are the number 2 side in the world currently, so it would be 1 vs 2. Our series with them should be a minimum of 3 Test matches, ideally a full series with 4.

Exactly, #1 vs #2, doesn't get bigger than that, and we have had close tussles in recent past in NZ. Then there is a storyline where they knocked us out of the WC and narrowly beat us last time around, sell a 3 test series as our redemption chance. Frankly 2 test series downgrades the format, especially involving the top 5-6 ranked teams. 

8 minutes ago, putrevus said:

It is due to NZ board's insistance.NZ board scrapped tests in favor of ODIs with other teams.NZ simply does not have enough to host 3 test series.

True but BCCI has resources to force them to change their decision, just need will. We can always play a 3 match ODI series later, maybe combine that with a LOI series in Aus. ODI cricket shouldn't be a priority in 2020, we are playing merely 5 tests and that is a disgrace. 

Edited by Gollum
4 minutes ago, Moochad said:

They are no2 as they play very few tests.Winning a two test series is lot easier than winning a five test series.They are very good team but Australia and England will prevail over longer series.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

True but BCCI has resources to force them to change their decision, just need will. We can always play a 3 match ODI series later, maybe combine that with a LOI series in Aus. ODI cricket shouldn't be a priority in 2020, we are playing merely 5 tests and that is a disgrace. 

BCCI trip is supposed to be a windfall for all the  boards so imagine if NZ relucantance to host 3 test series. Bigger concern is health of test cricket in many countries other than England and Australia. India is able to afford test cricket based on their TV contract.

22 hours ago, putrevus said:

They are no2 as they play very few tests.Winning a two test series is lot easier than winning a five test series.They are very good team but Australia and England will prevail over longer series.

Thats fair but it works both ways. If they played a bad team 4-5 tests, they would get more points for beating them 4-0 or 5-0 than they do when they win 2-0. Reverse when they play bad, but ultimately they can only play however tests they have scheduled. 

I think only we, Eng, and Aus get long 4+ test series. 

On 6/23/2018 at 4:19 AM, Gollum said:

But broadcasters have a say and BCCI earns money through them right?

No BCCI earns zero dollars from broadcasters or home board for tours.NZ boards sells TV rights to Indian channels/other foreign channels for their home series vs India.

Those TV rights are major source of revenue for home boards.Home boards pay for players boarding / lodging  and travel during the away series.BCCI pays players daily allowance and match fees.

4 hours ago, Moochad said:

Thats fair but it works both ways. If they played a bad team 4-5 tests, they would get more points for beating them 4-0 or 5-0 than they do when they win 2-0. Reverse when they play bad, but ultimately they can only play however tests they have scheduled. 

I think only we, Eng, and Aus get long 4+ test series. 

That is the sad part, NZ should be able to host three test series.