KL Rahul: "Anushka Sharma came up to my room and asked me to accompany her and Virat to their dinner date. They made sure I spent the new year night with them."

TNAmarkFromIndia

1 hour ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

Praising Kohli for everything is not bad.
Because we have seen the same for Dhoni since the beginning of the universe.
However, KL acts extremely wannabe ish and desperate in media interactions.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

He's kinda cool, but spoils it himself by overdoing it/acting too cool.

He's kinda cool, but spoils it himself by overdoing it/acting too cool.
Exactly.
It would have been better for him(or his PR, btw) to stop blabbering and putting up cheesy comments on little known actresses' Insta and paying for fake linkups in the media.
Contrary to Popular beliefs , Overdone PR campaigns actually backfire most of the time and actually can malign a celebrity's image in the public.
Currently, KL comes off as someone who tries extra extra hard to be something which he is clearly not.
His overly patronizing talking style can be headache inducing
A celebrity's personality is very much a key to their success- more so for a cricketer.

Kohli was even worse though- but he got a free pass because he debuted (and rose) in a time social media was not as prevalent, and a brattish cricketer having tattoos and dating Bollywood Divas was something of a novelty.
I also personally think Cricket was a bit more universal in India during 2008-09- nowadays a lot of my friends are into European Football simultaneously.
But during that time, cricketers were the sole hope of the nation whose global value was continuously following.

It is all about the timing.
Earlier cricketers used to get instant popularity but now they struggle even with great form and Bollywood girlfriends.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk