Brett Lee should be captain of Australia

Lee is a 'energizer' bunny. How the hell does he keep going at this pace, without missing a single game ? He plays tests, ODIs, 20/20s, all of them. The day he is injured Australia will be severely tested in both forms of the game. Its no coincidence, they struggled to bowl India out yesterday (on a day when Lee couldnt dent the Indian lineup significantly).

Lee is too civilized to captain the kangaroo eaters.
To add to it .. never seen him abusing any batsman.. here and there chit chats is ok and a well manners guy.He looks a odd one out with some of these aussie cheats and hooligans
To add to it .. never seen him abusing any batsman.. here and there chit chats is ok and a well manners guy.He looks a odd one out with some of these aussie cheats and hooligans
Lee's not as immaculate as you would reckon. He's had few blemishes in his career to just like the rest but now he is well behaved. There were days when he used to over step intentionally and bowl beamers/bouncers just to hurt the batsmen he didn't like.

Lee is very likeable for an aussie. In their team, Lee, Johnson, Hussey, Haddin, Hayden are the only ones I can find some semblance of respect for. They don't talk much rubbish, and let their cricket do the talking. Not that I find talking rubbish. If you can back what you say, all good. But, if you hurl useless abuse, thats dumb. I especially like Johnson, he just does his job and doesnt say much. Much like RP - "Just do it" attitude.

you cant just pick any good player and make them captain, they need leadership skills and a lot of other things lee probably lacks somewhere, thats why he is not considered
Yah he lacks some were when it comes to cheating , abusing , being a cry baby after bullying.Well thats y they choosed PUP so early in his carrier because he has all the mentioned abilities and he has to successfully take over from Punter.
Yah he lacks some were when it comes to cheating ' date=' abusing , being a cry baby after bullying.Well thats y they choosed PUP so early in his carrier because he has all the mentioned abilities and he has to successfully take over from Punter.[/quote'] :hysterical: yeh ACB probably dont like the fact that bret lee is respected by most opposition

Australia is far better off with Lee just focusing on his bowling. And Punter is doing fine, he is well on track to finish his career with the highest winning percentage of any captain in history, so no trouble there. However I would have liked Warne to captain Australia at one stage, that would have been fascinating.

Yah he lacks some were when it comes to cheating ' date=' abusing , being a cry baby after bullying.Well thats y they choosed PUP so early in his carrier because he has all the mentioned abilities and he has to successfully take over from Punter.[/quote'] Why are you so focused on the negative side of everything? You really need to get over it. Both teams have had their share of controversy, dubious behavoir and bad decisions over the past few years. Do you forget all of India's indiscretions and only remember Australia's? Rather than dwell on the negatives, why not get excited about your team's recent good form and look forward to a hard-fought series instead? Surely that would bring a bigger smile to your face!
Why are you so focused on the negative side of everything? You really need to get over it. Both teams have had their share of controversy, dubious behavoir and bad decisions over the past few years. Do you forget all of India's indiscretions and only remember Australia's? Rather than dwell on the negatives, why not get excited about your team's recent good form and look forward to a hard-fought series instead? Surely that would bring a bigger smile to your face!
For a country obsessed with cricket, it doesn't seem to bring a whole lot of happiness. I know, before the summer is out, I will convert them all to Aussie Rules or Rugby League!!