Yuvraj Thread

kooljatt

Yuvraj must be played in the series against South Africa as well in ODIs even if he doesn't get past single figures during this entire tournament. The guy has been the mainstay of our ODI batting for the past couple of years and deserves a chance to get back to form without any insecurities.
:two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up::icflove:

Yuvraj deserves more time to regain form: Kapil Dev NEW DELHI, February 14: Former cricket captain Kapil Dev on Thursday said out of form batsman Yuvraj Singh should be given a long rope to rediscover his touch but the left-hander should not take his place in the team for granted. "Of course, he should be given enough chances but it should not be lost to him that players earn their places because of their performance," Kapil said "When you play you are blocking the place of someone else. If you play well, nobody can leave you out. If you are not playing well, naturally you cannot be in the team," he added. The former all-rounder heaped praise on the young Indian bowlers for their "excellent" performance in Australia but advised them to ensure injury did not affect their promising careers. "They are bowling excellently in Australia. They have proven that they have the talent to unsettle the best batsmen in the world. "They are all young and in order to sustain their top form, they should take care of their body so that they stay away from injury," Kapil said. He was speaking at a function to announce the sponsorship of Indian athletes for the Beijing Paralympic Games in September by BHP Billiton. "My message to the young bowlers is that when you are injured, the country suffers. Indian bowlers have been injury-prone for a long time, so they have to take care of themselves and see that injury does not break their sustained peak form." Kapil said he was oblivious to how the injury-hit players coped with being sidelined as he himself did not have any serious breakdown in his career. "Fortunately, I did not have any serious injury in my career which forced me to sit out for long. So, my advice is the current bowlers should pay attention on their fitness." The former captain also said sledging in cricket "is bad personally" but would leave it to the respective boards to decide on how to handle the issue. "Some people said it is gamesmanship while some others say it is hitting below the belt. Personally, I think it is bad but it is upto the respective boards to decide how to deal with the issue." Kapil, who recently filed an affidavit in the Delhi High Court against BCCI for withholding his pension, also took a dig at the Cricket Board. "The Cricket Board has lots of money but they should see how the people here (Paralympics Committee of India officials) are running the game without money, but with passion. "Most of the games in the country, except for a few like cricket, have little money but are being sustained by passion of officials and sportspersons. "I am not against private sponsors investing heavily in cricket, but I feel that if 10 per cent of what has been spent on cricket is poured in other games, Indian sports would be much better," he said. http://cricket.indiatimes.com/Yuvraj_deserves_more_time_to_regain_form_Kapil_Dev/articleshow/2783219.cms

listen all idiots who are against Yuvraj.....the guy will score runs...so shut up and ICF should stop these kinda threads...Who was the main man to make india win 17 run chases on the trott a year ago...the guy is gonna be next best best batsman after tendulker ...in all formats....lets just wait to the end of CB series...u all will be looooooooooooooosers..........and will be praising the prince of punjab...............burahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Check ur PM

No doubt he's one of the better batsman to emerge in the recent years but if he's taken his place in the side for granted then he needs to be dropped for a while as they did with Sehwag. Sometimes being dropped is not such a bad thing. The likes of Ganguly and Sehwag have shown the positive side of being dropped. They both came back strongly and Yuvraj for once may realize he has to constantly work hard to keep his place. He's too good a player not to be able to make a come back even if dropped. I think it may even help him.

No doubt he's one of the better batsman to emerge in the recent years but if he's taken his place in the side for granted then he needs to be dropped for a while as they did with Sehwag. Sometimes being dropped is not such a bad thing. The likes of Ganguly and Sehwag have shown the positive side of being dropped. They both came back strongly and Yuvraj for once may realize he has to constantly work hard to keep his place. He's too good a player not to be able to make a come back even if dropped. I think it may even help him.
same case for pathan and zaheer<< zaheer worked his arse off in english county cricket to gian back his place